Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T MOUNTAIN BIKING?

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Anyone go mountain biking on a regular basis or member of a club?

Re: O/T MOUNTAIN BIKING?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:34 am

Used to ride loads, Aan Argoed, Glyncorrwg

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am

doing a few endurance events after xmas but ive heard afon argoed supposed to be good

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Anyone go mountain biking on a regular basis or member of a club?

Far too energetic, get a scrambler.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Yea, love it, if I am not at the football I am on my bike. Been at it for years, if you fancy a ride
pm me

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:59 pm

kenfighillblue wrote:Yea, love it, if I am not at the football I am on my bike. Been at it for years, if you fancy a ride
pm me

:o :o :o :o

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Anyone go mountain biking on a regular basis or member of a club?

I do.

There's some good routes in and around Cardiff that I regularly use = Castel Coch, Garth Mountain, Michaelston le Pit, Welsh St Donats (in the Vale) but you'll need to get in the car to get to the really good stuff. Cwmcarn there's a fantastic purpose built route that takes between 1.5 and 2 hours to complete the loop and ends with a fantastic downhill. Cwmcarn is about half hr from Cardiff, near Cross Keys. Then there's Afan Argoed in the Neath Valley, north of Port Talbot....there's loads of purpose built routes there. Then there's the brecon Beacons, where there's miles and miles of tracks. Further afield, there's some real gems near Carmarthen (Brechfa forest) and in North Wales (Coed y Brenin and Betws y Coed). Have a look here for info..... http://mbwales.com/

I also hear that there are some great routes in the Forest of Dean which isn't too far from the 'diff.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:37 pm

I go riding on a regular basis being member of a club but no mountains I'm afraid. Although the Norwegian branch have invited us to a mountain bukkee? whatever that is.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 am

kenfighillblue wrote:Yea, love it, if I am not at the football I am on my bike. Been at it for years, if you fancy a ride
pm me

f*cking hell, easy tiger..... :lol:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:

I go riding on a regular basis being member of a club but no mountains I'm afraid. Although the Norwegian branch have invited us to a mountain bukkee? whatever that is.

you ride a road bike?