Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I live in Reading/New Member

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

Howdy,

I am a new member that has been looking on this site for a while now and always ment to join and never seem to get the chance.

Anyway, taken the plunge and just wanted to add that i will be at the game on Sat. But in the Feckin Reading end, as could not get anybody to get me a ticket back in Cardiff (which is were i am from originally, Roath boy born and bread)

just wanted to ask or should i say, say that i will have my phone with me on Sat (pretty good Vid and camera function) and will hopefully get some good footage of you lot, few pics and that.

Then wiil need some help (as not computer savy) and i will put them on here for all to gander at.

Only reason it may not happen is my Mrs is having our 2nd child, and is over due now. So will def be there if all goes to plan and the baba is out in time.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Alleg my ticket is for the east stand, somewhere in row 6. Just have to keep quiet as dont want to get ejected. My welsh accent is still quite strong.

The pubs to go to are in Theale (which is were i work), Junction before the Mad, junction 12. A few pubs there that are quite good. Would tell you my mates pub but he'd feckin kill me as it is a Reading pick up pub. Always busy with the Feckers (good bunch though) There even letting me on there bus to the ground. Think i'll get them singing a few City songs.

Re: I live in Reading/New Member

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am

Welcome, mate and good luck with the new arrival.

:ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:45 am

BerkshireBluebird wrote:Howdy,

I am a new member that has been looking on this site for a while now and always ment to join and never seem to get the chance.

Anyway, taken the plunge and just wanted to add that i will be at the game on Sat. But in the Feckin Reading end, as could not get anybody to get me a ticket back in Cardiff (which is were i am from originally, Roath boy born and bread)

just wanted to ask or should i say, say that i will have my phone with me on Sat (pretty good Vid and camera function) and will hopefully get some good footage of you lot, few pics and that.

Then wiil need some help (as not computer savy) and i will put them on here for all to gander at.

Only reason it may not happen is my Mrs is having our 2nd child, and is over due now. So will def be there if all goes to plan and the baba is out in time.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Alleg my ticket is for the east stand, somewhere in row 6. Just have to keep quiet as dont want to get ejected. My welsh accent is still quite strong.

The pubs to go to are in Theale (which is were i work), Junction before the Mad, junction 12. A few pubs there that are quite good. Would tell you my mates pub but he'd feckin kill me as it is a Reading pick up pub. Always busy with the Feckers (good bunch though) There even letting me on there bus to the ground. Think i'll get them singing a few City songs.

Good intro for a first post.
Good luck with the baby and good luck with the vids too!1

Why didn't you ask on this site about an away end ticket? Helpful bunch on here and I'm sure someone would have helped out. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Welcome mate,
You'll enjoy it on here :ayatollah:
Nice to see another exile on here :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 pm

I would just like to add, that anyone wanting to know out about this shithole of a town, then don't hesitate to ask.

Been here over 8yrs now and its still a dump. Hay ho, the work is good though.
A few of my reading mates are talking about us coming in for Kebe in Jan. Think they want rid of him as he won't sign a new contract. Id definitely take him off there hands.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

BerkshireBluebird wrote:I would just like to add, that anyone wanting to know out about this shithole of a town, then don't hesitate to ask.

A few of my reading mates are talking about us coming in for Kebe in Jan. Think they want rid of him as he won't sign a new contract. Id definitely take him off there hands.

I read about interest in Kebe, Reading a shithole!!!
U ever been to Luton :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 pm

BerkshireBluebird wrote:I would just like to add, that anyone wanting to know out about this shithole of a town, then don't hesitate to ask.

Where about 's in Reading are you? I live in RG1.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Only just got on my dinner break.
Yes i live in Rg1 too. And no i have never been to Luton, not even with the City. Been living away for over 13yrs now and in Reading for 8 so mostly been a Fan from all the news i can get my hands on, like this site and the Wales on line and stuff like that.

Went to a couple of home games last year and the year before but my major supporting years at the City, of home and away would have been in the 80's (great times)

So wish i could get back more often. Do any of the exciles that live around here especially the Rg1 fella. And do you travel back to games at all. Thinking about a car share thing now and again.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 pm

BerkshireBluebird wrote:Only just got on my dinner break.
Yes i live in Rg1 too. And no i have never been to Luton, not even with the City. Been living away for over 13yrs now and in Reading for 8 so mostly been a Fan from all the news i can get my hands on, like this site and the Wales on line and stuff like that.

Went to a couple of home games last year and the year before but my major supporting years at the City, of home and away would have been in the 80's (great times)

So wish i could get back more often. Do any of the exciles that live around here especially the Rg1 fella. And do you travel back to games at all. Thinking about a car share thing now and again.

I mostly do aways but have done two homes so far this season, can pick up if u want or arrange something cos my car is never full for next home game :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:44 pm

BerkshireBluebird wrote:Only just got on my dinner break.

My sons and I are ST holders and travel to all the home games 90% by car 10% by train with a railcard so if you require a lift anytime just PM me

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: