Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

There's just an atmosphere here which I am really enjoying.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 am

And so are we Malky and that's down to you and the players who have given us a reason to enjoy watching the Bluebirds again.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky Mackay shocked but thrilled by Cardiff City progress
By steve TuckerNov 12 2011

CARDIFF City manager Malky Mackay admits he is shocked, but delighted, at the way his new-look Bluebirds have taken the Championship by storm.

Mackay’s men are fourth in the table going into the international break, despite the huge rebuilding job that had to be conducted post-Dave Jones.

The booming Bluebirds are looking to climb even further, after soaring from 12th place to within touching distance of the top two on the back of recent results.

“To bring in the number of players we had to, and to integrate them so quickly, means things have been going better than I probably imagined,” beamed 39-year-old Mackay.

“I don’t think I could have walked in first day with 10 players jogging round and five youngsters and thought, yes, this is going to happen this season’.

“I could not do that, it would have been crazy. I looked at what I had and not one part of me was thinking, here’s a team destined for the top two. That would have been naive.

“Saying that, whilst others may have been thinking about consolidation, even that first day I thought, I want to be promoted with this club.

“The big question that flashed through my mind though was ‘how much time that was going to take.”

Mackay continued: “I’ve enjoyed it at Cardiff even more than I thought I would. The whole club is great.

“It’s on a bigger stage to watford. There’s just an atmosphere to everything here which I am really enjoying.

“On the pitch I am so proud the way my players have bought into the way we want them to train and just the way we want to be around the place.

“The lack of ego my players have shown has just been fantastic. They have embraced new things and change.”

Re: There's just an atmosphere here which I am really enjoying.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:18 am

“The lack of ego my players have shown has just been fantastic. They have embraced new things and change.”

Spot on Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary, I agree with you as well, We are really enjoying our season thanks to Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 am

[quote="Forever Blue"]“The lack of ego my players have shown has just been fantastic. They have embraced new things and change.”

That's sentence there says it all! Well done MM!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:“The lack of ego my players have shown has just been fantastic. They have embraced new things and change.”

Gary, I agree with you as well, We are really enjoying our season thanks to Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis when is the last time our manager said THIS CLUB IS GREAT.

Before 2005 I think and by making that simple statement Malkay continues to build an affinity with the fans we haven't seen since Eddie May in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:04 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:“The lack of ego my players have shown has just been fantastic. They have embraced new things and change.”

Annis when is the last time our manager said THIS CLUB IS GREAT.

Before 2005 I think and by making that simple statement Malky continues to build an affinity with the fans we haven't seen since Eddie May in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on.

:ayatollah:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 am

:lol: Yea Castleblue and Forever Blue (the Blues Brothers!!??)
The affinity with MM is like Eddie May era - It really lifts the spirits especially after thinkin over the last few years that the club had sold its soul to the devil as the price of success.

Obviously want us to win - but win, lose or draw -this man has put dignity back into this place

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Whats great this season is going to games not being so anxious
and stressed about getting a result and just being able to relax

Also, the lack of loan players hasnt affected us or the players where as last season, we relied on
Bringing those players in

We are playing decent football aswell and not having a big man i.e Jay B is helping
Our style as we hve to be patient and play keep ball

Its not a dig at Dave Jones, its just the way it is

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Malky's been a breath of fresh air IMO. Really enjoying my football down the City again now win draw or lose, all the team puts a shift in that's good enough for me. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:24 pm

The bitterness of defeats have gone down dramatically thats because the boys where the shirt with and pride and want to be part of it and give it their all every minute of the game until the end! Great see the fans accept defeats like Brighton, Hull and Peterbrough and ohh wait there we only lost 3! ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 am

eddiep wrote::lol: Yea Castleblue and Forever Blue (the Blues Brothers!!??)
The affinity with MM is like Eddie May era - It really lifts the spirits especially after thinkin over the last few years that the club had sold its soul to the devil as the price of success.

Obviously want us to win - but win, lose or draw -this man has put dignity back into this place

this. The thing that I want to see as a supporter is the players giving a 100% effort and having the right attitude on the pitch. We dream of playing for that shirt, and they've been luck to be given the gift to play for that shirt. I want them to play like we dream

For me, if success comes with the effort and committment, then thats a bonus. But the work ethic and committment generated by the players and staff is something that wasn't always apparent under Dave Jones. It's refreshing to see, I enjoy going home and away alot more, and I feel a connection with the players and staff more than I have ever done. Thank you Malky, the staff and the players :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:The bitterness of defeats have gone down dramatically thats because the boys where the shirt with and pride and want to be part of it and give it their all every minute of the game until the end! Great see the fans accept defeats like Brighton, Hull and Peterbrough and ohh wait there we only lost 3! ;) :ayatollah:

Your right. We'll always have one or two clueless pillocks. After the Brighton defeat it
was as if the World had ended. "no plan B", "squad too weak", even Don Cowie got
slated.

But the vast majority, though some may not be happy with our style of play, some may say
we are boring or lack flair? But on the whole, when our supporters see 100% effort
they will overlook the odd mistake

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:29 pm

vincent always make good and now he make city good tankyou vincent

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 pm

They forget who MM is after a defeat :lol:
Hes young and very confident!
Always has a change of mind when something goes wrong and ent afraid to switch the formation. Hes got plenty of ideas and hes always looking at something new and not the same old same old. Peterbrough he changed it around and won against Barnsley and found away to get the best out of Miller but he did come off injured unfortuntley!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:29 pm

taffyapple wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:The bitterness of defeats have gone down dramatically thats because the boys where the shirt with and pride and want to be part of it and give it their all every minute of the game until the end! Great see the fans accept defeats like Brighton, Hull and Peterbrough and ohh wait there we only lost 3! ;) :ayatollah:

Your right. We'll always have one or two clueless pillocks. After the Brighton defeat it
was as if the World had ended. "no plan B", "squad too weak", even Don Cowie got
slated.

But the vast majority, though some may not be happy with our style of play, some may say
we are boring or lack flair? But on the whole, when our supporters see 100% effort
they will overlook the odd mistake

What we do have in abundance is workrate and potential!
These players by and large are still young enough to improve and to continue to gel on the pitch..
Three or four quality additions by the end of November and/or January and we'll sail into the playoffs imo...These players give me the impression that they bleed blue!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Great thread Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:28 am

Cheers Gary for posting it up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: