Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 9th 2011 UPDATE "

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm

4 years ago we had 60,000 members on our ticket office database and in this short space of time, thanks to our 3 Wembley appearances and the new stadium factor that number has now swelled to a huge 200,000. The potential for this club is huge and the marketing team are working extremely hard behind the scenes to keep those fans.

Not forgetting the current ambassadors the marketing team has come up with ‘Ambassadors day’ which takes place on December 17th for our game against Middlesbrough, Ambassadors can bring guests to the game for just £10 Adults and £5 Concessions. The club will be producing a special Ambassador match-day programme with plenty of pull-out offers and discounts for you to enjoy!

Ambassador Day will be the Bluebirds' final fixture before Christmas, meaning this will be a festive themed event on and off the pitch! We will also be holding a special draw for Ambassadors in order to give away four season tickets (one in each stand) for the 2012/13 season. In addition, there will be a bumper 50/50 draw with some great prizes up for grabs!

So bring your mate along or a family member as an early Christmas present or just spoil a loved one and treat them to a day at CCS.There are 833 under 9’s season ticket holders in the family stand and each one of these fans has received a letter offering them a gift as a thank you for their support, excellent marketing by the club.

35,000 fans are registered online to receive the Bluebirds newsletter that is sent out each week, so the news and messages are getting out to fans from the club.

Alan Whiteley has accepted a personal request by TG and Vincent Tan to help out with the running of the club on a day to day basis after the departure of Gethin Jenkins, Whiteley has not taken the title of chief executive as he does not want the job on a full time basis but is helping out on a temporary measure.

Most will have noticed the excellent fitness levels of our players this season and this is down to new training regimes laid out by Malky Mackay and his backroom staff, the players who are here from last season are really pleased with the new training and one player in particular has said “If I lose the ball I know the rest of the lads are working hard to regain it, that is a difference to what we had last season”.

Malky Mackay, Iain Moody and Alan Whiteley have been working hard to bring in new players and have again this week been active and in talks with clubs over possible loans and what I will say is they have gone back and approached one club about the availability of a player that we tried to bring in earlier in the summer. Loaning clubs are looking for up front loan fees and high percentage of wages to be covered by our club but Malky knows the players he wants and is adamant that he will not bring in a player just to make the numbers up.

I appreciate that some of you will want me to name our targets but I have decided I will not do so at this time.

The club shop is now stocking Wales football shirts.

The club has plans to display new images under the concourses over the next few weeks, different pictures of players celebrating and the first one that will be going up is of Anthony Gerrard when he scored against Doncaster and took off his black armband and held it aloft in memory of Mikey Dye.

A new academy building has opened this week in Treforest, which houses classrooms, physio rooms, parent’s room, treatment rooms amongst others, Cardiff City signs are expected to be erected later this week, and plans are also in the pipeline for a new indoor training facility also. Our current deal with the house of sport runs for another 14 years.

Some may remember in a previous update I wrote about the new structuring of academys coming in to effect next season, there are four levels with the top Premiership sides being in level 1, clubs are categorised by facilities in the main and the hope is that Cardiff will be a level 2 but at the moment we are falling just short of that but the academy staff are confident that we will achieve the status of level 2.

When the new structuring is introduced the current 90 minute rule will not apply to level 1 clubs but will remain in place for levels 2, 3 and 4. A result meaning that the very top sides in the country can come and take players from clubs anywhere in the country and I have learned also that the maximum amount of compensation the level 1 club would pay to take a player from our academy or another club in level 2, 3 and 4 is just £134k.

To help Neil Ardley with running the academy Cardiff City have appointed Ian Laing from Watford who will work alongside Ardley and is already implementing changes to academy set up including new scouts being employed.

Vincent Tan was over for the Crystal Palace game and this was on the back of a meeting he had in London earlier in the week and Malky Mackay has been assured that money is available to bring in loan players before the end of the emergency loan window which ends on Thursday November 24th and that there are funds for the January transfer window also.

Sam Hammam was also in London last week for a meeting regarding Langston and Cardiff City football club, I will not comment further on that meeting and its outcome.

Cardiff City season ticket holders and away travel members can get 20% off at Debenhams from Saturday 12th to Tuesday 15th in store, Cardiff. Just show your season ticket/away travel card at the till point.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=51137 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 9th 2011 UPDATE "

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:05 pm

thanks for the update carl,are you confident we will sign a player on loan before the deadline? :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Very well written and very informative, thank you Carl, some good lessons learned from the past, well worth reading.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks Carl.

How much money is VT putting up for loans/permanent transfers?

Sad that Level 1 academy clubs can snap up players for such a low fee. Does that mean that Joe Ralls could be sold for that or as he is on a full time contract his value is decided by the club.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Nice One Carlos :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers Carl,

Great about Gerrards picture first to go up, think there should be a pic of Mikey next to it or an inset within that pic of Anthony.

Interesting that a player hopefully will come and that funds will be available :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WTF Carlos :o :shock: so it means that the best talent will be robbed by the top teams and there is nothing any one can do about it ? So if this rule had been in place a couple of seasons ago then the likes of Aaron Ramsey would of never played for us :o :shock: This is wrong morally and Professionally and it is a restriction of trade, how can it be Legal ?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:WTF Carlos :o :shock: so it means that the best talent will be robbed by the top teams and there is nothing any one can do about it ? So if this rule had been in place a couple of seasons ago then the likes of Aaron Ramsey would of never played for us :o :shock: This is wrong morally and Professionally and it is a restriction of trade, how can it be Legal ?

Probably agreed by likes of Man Ure and Liverpool. Bastards

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 pm

carl ,good on the club looking after our young supporters in the family stand, but what about under 9s in other areas of the ground ,for example im in the ninian stand and my 4 year old grandson who is a season ticket holder would of been totally gobsmacked if he had recieved a letter and gift from ccfc . any idea how i can complian on there behalf ,nice to read that mm will be backed when he is ready to move ,and im happy to wait for the right players, personally i would rather 1/2 permanent signings rather than 3/4 loans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:21 pm

What clubs are the loan targets at? At least tell us that.. I appreciate that names can't be given but what positions are we also looking at?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:WTF Carlos :o :shock: so it means that the best talent will be robbed by the top teams and there is nothing any one can do about it ? So if this rule had been in place a couple of seasons ago then the likes of Aaron Ramsey would of never played for us :o :shock: This is wrong morally and Professionally and it is a restriction of trade, how can it be Legal ?

Agreed. Are their anti-trust laws over the pond?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Jonnylew wrote:What clubs are the loan targets at? At least tell us that.. I appreciate that names can't be given but what positions are we also looking at?

Winger and Striker ;)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Sorry i i aint concerned about loan signings. What is the point of academies for the lower league Clubs if the rich are allowed to come and rob them :evil: :evil: The big Clubs get bigger and the little Clubs will go bust. If this is football now then f**k Football !! Who agreed to this shit ? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:29 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:carl ,good on the club looking after our young supporters in the family stand, but what about under 9s in other areas of the ground ,for example im in the ninian stand and my 4 year old grandson who is a season ticket holder would of been totally gobsmacked if he had recieved a letter and gift from ccfc . any idea how i can complian on there behalf ,nice to read that mm will be backed when he is ready to move ,and im happy to wait for the right players, personally i would rather 1/2 permanent signings rather than 3/4 loans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It is nice to see them sending letters out to kids but my 2 little uns have been season tickets holders for all are seasons at ccs in the ninian stand, my oldest boy was also a season ticket older 3 years in np, not once ever had a letter off the club my oldest is 10 youngest 7, carl can you suggest to the club that they check all stands to send kids letters

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:36 pm

im with you natman im hopping they are doing it stand by stand and all under 9s will get a letter b4 xmas :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

What clubs are our intended loan targets at carlos??? At least we can have a bit of speculation then =p

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 pm

carl do you have any comment about the under 9s who are missing out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Interesting. I asked the question about the FA's changes to the academy ratings last month, i got no reply!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62219

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:57 pm

my daughters in the family stand and she hasnt received a letter? :?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:carl do you have any comment about the under 9s who are missing out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I suggest you contact the club about any issues you have.

jinks-rct wrote:my daughters in the family stand and she hasnt received a letter? :?

How old is she Jinks? is she under 9, if so then contact the club.

Carl how on earth have all the lower league clubs not shown any teeth and referred this to FIFA? They have to stand up to the EPL bullies and say no your not having our best kids for peanuts. We as a club have invested heavily not so that the likes of the big clubs can cherry pick our best kids.

Don't want to re-ignite the Sam issue but could you see him putting up with that!!!!!! Not for a second I would guess

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Fair play for not naming the players Carl. you could have started a feeding frenzy :lol: :ayatollah:

The Academy news???

Could be bad for London Clubs outside the top tier, and teams near Manchester, Merseyside
etc...but Cardiff will be fine. Lets face it, if Man Utd or Arsenal had wanted Ramsey at say,
age 15, they'd have still had to persuade him and his family to relocate to Manchester
(likewise London, with Arsenal)

Who on here would move to London when your kid is 15 because Chelsea reckon he is a
'potential superstar'?? f**k that... I'd stay put and keep him where he's obviously being
taught the game properly

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm

carl why wont you comment further on that meeting with sam and its outcome??? this is what i dont get we are all fans and should be on the same level we are all concerned about this langstone and sam fiasco so in my opinion and thats just what it is i believe news shouldnt be held back from not so in the know fans..

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm

I wondered why Vt was at the match Saturday.
Long journey from Singapore just to see a footie match,even if you own one of the clubs!

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:I wondered why Vt was at the match Saturday.
Long journey from Singapore just to see a footie match,even if you own one of the clubs!

Ah but would Tan not just delegate, and sent TG to the meeting instead?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:4 years ago we had 60,000 members on our ticket office database and in this short space of time, thanks to our 3 Wembley appearances and the new stadium factor that number has now swelled to a huge 200,000. The potential for this club is huge and the marketing team are working extremely hard behind the scenes to keep those fans.

Not forgetting the current ambassadors the marketing team has come up with ‘Ambassadors day’ which takes place on December 17th for our game against Middlesbrough, Ambassadors can bring guests to the game for just £10 Adults and £5 Concessions. The club will be producing a special Ambassador match-day programme with plenty of pull-out offers and discounts for you to enjoy!

Ambassador Day will be the Bluebirds' final fixture before Christmas, meaning this will be a festive themed event on and off the pitch! We will also be holding a special draw for Ambassadors in order to give away four season tickets (one in each stand) for the 2012/13 season. In addition, there will be a bumper 50/50 draw with some great prizes up for grabs!

So bring your mate along or a family member as an early Christmas present or just spoil a loved one and treat them to a day at CCS.There are 833 under 9’s season ticket holders in the family stand and each one of these fans has received a letter offering them a gift as a thank you for their support, excellent marketing by the club.

35,000 fans are registered online to receive the Bluebirds newsletter that is sent out each week, so the news and messages are getting out to fans from the club.

Alan Whiteley has accepted a personal request by TG and Vincent Tan to help out with the running of the club on a day to day basis after the departure of Gethin Jenkins, Whiteley has not taken the title of chief executive as he does not want the job on a full time basis but is helping out on a temporary measure.

Most will have noticed the excellent fitness levels of our players this season and this is down to new training regimes laid out by Malky Mackay and his backroom staff, the players who are here from last season are really pleased with the new training and one player in particular has said “If I lose the ball I know the rest of the lads are working hard to regain it, that is a difference to what we had last season”.

Malky Mackay, Iain Moody and Alan Whiteley have been working hard to bring in new players and have again this week been active and in talks with clubs over possible loans and what I will say is they have gone back and approached one club about the availability of a player that we tried to bring in earlier in the summer. Loaning clubs are looking for up front loan fees and high percentage of wages to be covered by our club but Malky knows the players he wants and is adamant that he will not bring in a player just to make the numbers up.

I appreciate that some of you will want me to name our targets but I have decided I will not do so at this time.

The club shop is now stocking Wales football shirts.

The club has plans to display new images under the concourses over the next few weeks, different pictures of players celebrating and the first one that will be going up is of Anthony Gerrard when he scored against Doncaster and took off his black armband and held it aloft in memory of Mikey Dye.

A new academy building has opened this week in Treforest, which houses classrooms, physio rooms, parent’s room, treatment rooms amongst others, Cardiff City signs are expected to be erected later this week, and plans are also in the pipeline for a new indoor training facility also. Our current deal with the house of sport runs for another 14 years.

Some may remember in a previous update I wrote about the new structuring of academys coming in to effect next season, there are four levels with the top Premiership sides being in level 1, clubs are categorised by facilities in the main and the hope is that Cardiff will be a level 2 but at the moment we are falling just short of that but the academy staff are confident that we will achieve the status of level 2.

When the new structuring is introduced the current 90 minute rule will not apply to level 1 clubs but will remain in place for levels 2, 3 and 4. A result meaning that the very top sides in the country can come and take players from clubs anywhere in the country and I have learned also that the maximum amount of compensation the level 1 club would pay to take a player from our academy or another club in level 2, 3 and 4 is just £134k.

To help Neil Ardley with running the academy Cardiff City have appointed Ian Laing from Watford who will work alongside Ardley and is already implementing changes to academy set up including new scouts being employed.

Vincent Tan was over for the Crystal Palace game and this was on the back of a meeting he had in London earlier in the week and Malky Mackay has been assured that money is available to bring in loan players before the end of the emergency loan window which ends on Thursday November 24th and that there are funds for the January transfer window also.

Sam Hammam was also in London last week for a meeting regarding Langston and Cardiff City football club, I will not comment further on that meeting and its outcome.

Cardiff City season ticket holders and away travel members can get 20% off at Debenhams from Saturday 12th to Tuesday 15th in store, Cardiff. Just show your season ticket/away travel card at the till point.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51137 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl, as an Ambassador if I bought a ticket for my mate for the Boro game (Ambassador Day) then would I have to change where I sit as well to sit by him because there are no spare seats where I sit in the Family Stand?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:my daughters in the family stand and she hasnt received a letter? :?

How old is she Jinks? is she under 9, if so then contact the club.

shes 8 carl when was the letters sent out? thanks