Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My First Game at Ninian Park

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 pm

if my memory is right it was against West Ham in the late 70's, i think it was either a pre season friendly or a testamonial game.

Does anyone know if my memory is right, and if so what year the game was?

Re: My First Game at Ninian Park

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:15 am

I was with 3 friends in January, the game against Watford (4-2) gesehen.We come from near Dresden and are Dynamofans.An that day actually still be winter break and we play flipside was then not so, but our destination was fest.We know a Cardiff fan from Caerphilly, where we sleep in the stadium konnten.Mood I liked the fact the game was also klasse.Das no flags may be tilted and the liquids may not be in the block is in Germany not to happiness.
This was until now my only Cardiffspiel.Next year in August, my family makes a 3 week holiday in Wales, maybe it works because wieder.Check definitely your results, videos of the games are not, unfortunately free.Who for Dynamo and his Fans interested, let's see here .. http://elbkaida.net/
Since my knowledge of English is limited, I've used a translation program.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Brief summary of my 1st ever game at Ninian Park ....................

30 April 1974

Cardiff City 1 (Villars) Crystal Palace 1 (Jump)

City Healey; Dwyer, Morgan, Phillips, Pethard; Villars, Vincent, Carlin (Showers) Charles; Anderson; Reece

Palace; Hammond; Mulligan, Barry, Blyth, Jump; Taylor, Jeffries, Johnson, Rogers; Possee, Whittle

HT 1-1

Att. 26,781

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Being a realatively new 'City fan (i'm only 15 years old), my first was against Wolves on 24th November 2007 when we lost 3-2. I remember Fowler scoring a penalty and also JFH scoring. I was in the Bob Bank, cracking atmosphere that night!
Attendance - 15,000
My favourite was either against Arsenal or the Ipswich in the final match at Ninian Park. :ayatollah: