Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ralls

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:29 pm

he looks like he his one for the future,he came on passed the ball nicely ,nice to see young players coming through :D :ayatollah:

Re: Joe Ralls

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 pm

spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Been impressed with him every time ive seen him so far.
To think the loans that everyone wants would push out the likes of Mason and Ralls from the bench. I hate the 5 sub rule

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Groundhog Day ALERT - How much would players like Joe Ralls benefit from a competitive reserve team match on a regular basis? Apologies for bringing up the same all story but I think its valid. Ad hoc Acedemy games arent enough.

Also I couldnt help thinking about Malkay bringing on two teenagers as subs while TG was there. Making a point or lack of options? or both.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Brilliant to see young players coming through. Be great to have a few more!! That's what pisses me off with these teams who have sugar daddy's. It's not that they buy all the best players but the lack of opportunities for the youngsters at the club. Should be some kind of rule that a certain amount of the matchday squad should have come through the ranks.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:43 pm

griff105 wrote:Groundhog Day ALERT - How much would players like Joe Ralls benefit from a competitive reserve team match on a regular basis? Apologies for bringing up the same all story but I think its valid. Ad hoc Acedemy games arent enough.

Also I couldnt help thinking about Malkay bringing on two teenagers as subs while TG was there. Making a point or lack of options? or both.

Maybe he just deserves his chance
Surely he is playing in the U21 academy anyway?

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Been impressed with him every time ive seen him so far.
To think the loans that everyone wants would push out the likes of Mason and Ralls from the bench. I hate the 5 sub rule

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It so shite

TG wasn't there VT was I believe. Plus if Mason wasn't brought on imagine VT thinking "I gave you £250,000 why?"

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 pm

hopefully he was watching and thinking we can get play offs or even go up if i give malky more money :D :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Just watched the game again on iplayer-they said he has just been put on standby for England U19`S

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Bluesince92 wrote:Brilliant to see young players coming through. Be great to have a few more!! That's what pisses me off with these teams who have sugar daddy's. It's not that they buy all the best players but the lack of opportunities for the youngsters at the club. Should be some kind of rule that a certain amount of the matchday squad should have come through the ranks.

How exactly has Ralls "come through the ranks" when he's been with us, what, 1-2 years tops with us?

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:10 pm

My post didn't say Ralls came through the ranks. I was saying it should be some kind of rule to help youngsters get chances rather than clubs just buying instead of giving youth a chance!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:30 pm

who did we sign him from then,if he didnt come through ranks? :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:32 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:who did we sign him from then,if he didnt come through ranks? :ayatollah:

we signed him two years ago i think. from a non league team

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:33 pm

ok cheers :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:37 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:who did we sign him from then,if he didnt come through ranks? :ayatollah:

Farnborough wasn't it ??

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Yes good to see youngsters stepping up.
Done well when he came on.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 pm

What I saw of Joe yesterday is enough to indicate that the lad has a very bright future, he reads the game well and is not afraid to pick out a pass that some players wouldn't try, he's not afraid to gets stuck in, I think we have unearthed another gem

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Hopefully a new Ramsey :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Brad next now rhys ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:13 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Brad next now rhys ;) :ayatollah:

aye :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 pm

didnt he play with ralls? :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 am

Maesteg bluebirds wrote:What I saw of Joe yesterday is enough to indicate that the lad has a very bright future, he reads the game well and is not afraid to pick out a pass that some players wouldn't try, he's not afraid to gets stuck in, I think we have unearthed another gem

He has been intense in the cup

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:30 am

Scruffy wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

Farnborough wasn't it ??

Coorect Scruffy :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:33 am

When was he signed, I thought it was after MM took over?
Maybe that was the first I read of it?

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:55 am

2blue2handle wrote:When was he signed, I thought it was after MM took over?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15138129.stm

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:19 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:When was he signed, I thought it was after MM took over?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15138129.stm

Doesn't say when he was signed though.
Knew he came from farmborough just not when.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:33 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29332601/

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:38 am

Does it say when though? I thought it was this season.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:34 am

2blue2handle wrote:Does it say when though? I thought it was this season.

According to his Wiki page we signed him in 2010.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:30 am

He's got the same off the ball movement and awareness as Ramsey. It's unfair to compare the two but with the lack of loan signings, it giving the likes of Ralls and Mason the chance to show what they can do and to be fair I would have no issues with Ralls starting a game.