Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who are the brilliant loan signings we have had.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 am

For every good loan signing we have had we have had five duffers.

Malky is building a team with our own Cardiff City players who wear the shirt with pride and are here for the long term. So can people stop going on about signing three or four loan signings.

I would rather Malky carry on building for the future with Cardiff City players. I would rather sign one or two permanent players in the January transfer window than four loans now.

Re: Who are the brilliant loan signings we have had.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:49 am

I agree with you, the team are all giving 100% . Last season we had on average 5 Loan players every game and if we went a goal down 3 or 4 would just give up and think of their pay check.
Much rather this season, in every way no pressure just go with the flow, and see where we end up.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:27 am

Malky has already said that he will only bring in the TARGETS he wants if they're available.... He won't panic buy loans unless he knows they will fit in with our style of play and they are the right characters off the field too. All hail MM :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:29 am

PS - in response to the thread title the best loan we have ever had is Aaron Ramsey ;)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:09 am

Merlin wrote:PS - in response to the thread title the best loan we have ever had is Aaron Ramsey ;)

Never Lost a game when Rambo played in on LOAN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 am

Magners wrote:For every good loan signing we have had we have had five duffers.

Malky is building a team with our own Cardiff City players who wear the shirt with pride and are here for the long term. So can people stop going on about signing three or four loan signings.

I would rather Malky carry on building for the future with Cardiff City players. I would rather sign one or two permanent players in the January transfer window than four loans now.

spot on mate. i believe malky will only bring loans in now if the player is available to buy or a free in the near future.
im happy waiting till january :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:46 am

Merlin wrote:PS - in response to the thread title the best loan we have ever had is Aaron Ramsey ;)

I disagree.

Rambo was different class obviously.

But a few weeks later he was gone, and we never really recovered.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:48 am

taffyapple wrote:

I disagree.

Doesn't that prove my point then!? :lol:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:56 am

Merlin wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I disagree.

Yes! :evil: :lol:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:18 am

taffyapple wrote:
Merlin wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I disagree.

:thumbup:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 am

Merlin wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Merlin wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I disagree.

:thumbup:

I cant find a "f**k it i'm wrong again" smiley anywhere :D

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 am

Eddie Newton for nostalgias sake

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:37 am

Midfield general wrote:What about Bellamy...?

We lost games when Bellamy played! ;)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Koumas first time, oneil, Ramsey, loovens we have had loads of good loans.
Like u said plenty of poor ones.

Don't think we need any at the moment.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Magners wrote:For every good loan signing we have had we have had five duffers.

I agree, I would rather permanent players than loans all the time, but we def need more players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:13 am

If we could of got Rambo's loan extended to the end of last season we definitely would of got automatic promotion.

I really hope Malky is backed in January to bring in the players he wants. I think he is keen to bring in a few youngsters as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:25 am

jaybothroyd wrote:If we could of got Rambo's loan extended to the end of last season we definitely would of got automatic promotion.

I really hope Malky is backed in January to bring in the players he wants. I think he is keen to bring in a few youngsters as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rambo wanted to stay last season as he thought he would get more game time at Cardiff than Arsenal :ayatollah:

But between AV and DJ - A Deal could not be done :roll:

Lets hpoe MM is backed in Jan as you and most of us say Jay :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:26 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
jaybothroyd wrote:If we could of got Rambo's loan extended to the end of last season we definitely would of got automatic promotion.

Rambo wanted to stay last season as he thought he would get more game time at Cardiff than Arsenal :ayatollah:

But between AV and DJ - A Deal could not be done :roll:

Lets hpoe MM is backed in Jan as you and most of us say Jay :ayatollah:

Really? Find that odd.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 am

Arsenal had Fabregas - Nasri - Wilshere - Walcott - Rosicky - Diaby - Song - Denilson - who All played in midfield at the time.

At the time both Aarron and AV - Knew that the above players were ahead of Rambo :o

So why not spend another 3 - 4 months in Cardiff - close to his family and girlfriend ( who is now in london )
Get your home town up with Bellers ( who wanted this also ) and then go back to Arsenal.

AV Knew the value of Rambo - even if he did not give him the game time he should of had when he went back :!:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:21 am

Yeah I thought AR and DJ wanted him just that AW wasn't prepared to release him any further.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Steve Finneston

:old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Even if Rambo had his loan extended to the end of March, I still think we would of got automatic promotion!

March was just a shocking month. As soon as Rambo went, we looked a completely different team. But you could argue we deserved more than 2 points out of the 12 on offer that month. Butterfingers Bywater didn't help the situation!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:38 am

castle view blu wrote:Eddie Newton for nostalgias sake

:ayatollah:

Most definitely. How many other loan players have been carried off the pitch after their last game?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Please no big ego loan signings. Lets leave the signings to King Malky, at his own pace when he is ready.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

we are winning so cant be too desperate for loans
however, there are areas of the pitch that needs competition ie, Conway.
i'd be happy for one or two loans but no more than that
Malky has a good record with bringing in loans when at Watford

we are such a solid unit atm with everyone playing for everyone else, its a good time to be a city fan
relying on loans last season definitely had a negative effect

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:44 pm

eighty_8 wrote:we are winning so cant be too desperate for loans
however, there are areas of the pitch that needs competition ie, Conway.
i'd be happy for one or two loans but no more than that
Malky has a good record with bringing in loans when at Watford

we are such a solid unit atm with everyone playing for everyone else, its a good time to be a city fan
relying on loans last season definitely had a negative effect

Eighty 8 you are spot on.