Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Very sad news

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page ... 77,00.html

Billy Sharp of Doncaster lost his baby son on Saturday aged just 2 days old. As a dad of 4 who has seen 2 of my babies seriously ill my thoughts go out to Billy and his wife. Seeing a child in intensive care is awful. Losing a child must be the worst feeling in the world. Lets hope that Doncaster get a win for the Sharp family tonight.

Re: Very sad news

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2502177,00.html

Billy Sharp of Doncaster lost his baby son on Saturday aged just 2 days old. As a dad of 4 who has seen 2 of my babies seriously ill my thoughts go out to Billy and his wife. Seeing a child in intensive care is awful. Losing a child must be the worst feeling in the world. Lets hope that Doncaster get a win for the Sharp family tonight.

I was the same mate when i was just born i was 2 months prem ! And was in intensive care and have to have a blood transplant thing and i only had half of 1 lung ! So my thoughts go to billy

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2502177,00.html

Gutted for the guy.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm

So tragic. Thoughts with him and his family.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I just cant imagine the pain of loosing a child, my thoughts are with him and his family.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:30 pm

Terrible news, RIP Baby Sharp.

Thoughts go out to Billy, his wife and his family.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 pm

i posted this aswell, didnt see this thread. very sad news, thoughts are with billy and his family

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Very very sad news RIP

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Very sad news. Sincere sympathy to Billy, his wife and all the family. Rest in Peace. Hope that they get a win.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:52 pm

thoughts with him and family!

He's playing tonight as well! i find that incredible?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Cant imagine the heartbreak, sad news.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Merlin wrote:thoughts with him and family!

He's playing tonight as well! i find that incredible?

He's scored!!!!!! Well done Billy-a small crumb of comfort but i can imagine the emotion at the keepmoat tonight.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 pm

No offence intended Gareth but isn't this a little bit over the top?

I would imagine thousands of people all over this little planet we call home have had exactly the same experience this very day. It's life, shit happens. As humans we are not indestrucible, we're not Captain Scarlet (a parafin rag and a swan vesta took him out), small little things you'll never see, no brian cells, no apparant intelligence, no nothing, will kill you stone dead before grab your last breath. I digress..

Sad for the family but means f**k all to society as a whole, I know I been there as well.

Now this pinching players arses in Iran has got to stop. If the Iranian chaps were to visit Uganda for example, they'd be burnt at the stake, whilst the indiginous population chop bits from children to praise various rain gods or some other god/gods. No oil, nothing worth having so our (in)glorious leader suspends certain forms of monetry aid to Uganda...

Many years ago when I were a little kid I was a question by my great grandmother, by little probably one or two could walk and read quite well..I'll leave that

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:No offence intended Gareth but isn't this a little bit over the top?

I would imagine thousands of people all over this little planet we call home have had exactly the same experience this very day. It's life, shit happens. As humans we are not indestrucible, we're not Captain Scarlet (a parafin rag and a swan vesta took him out), small little things you'll never see, no brian cells, no apparant intelligence, no nothing, will kill you stone dead before grab your last breath. I digress..

Sad for the family but means f**k all to society as a whole, I know I been there as well.

Now this pinching players arses in Iran has got to stop. If the Iranian chaps were to visit Uganda for example, they'd be burnt at the stake, whilst the indiginous population chop bits from children to praise various rain gods or some other god/gods. No oil, nothing worth having so our (in)glorious leader suspends certain forms of monetry aid to Uganda...

Many years ago when I were a little kid I was a question by my great grandmother, by little probably one or two could walk and read quite well..I'll leave that

Not being funny but i cant understand what you are on about.

I merely posted how sad it is that a young life has been lost. 18 months ago my youngest boy Sam was born and was seriously ill in ICU at Winchester Hospital. My family spent 4 or 5 days worrying if he'd pull through. We went through hell for those days. Fortunately Sam pulled through and is now healthy. Poor Billy Sharp and his wife must be going through hell and i'm using this forum to post support for them.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:I just cant imagine the pain of loosing a child, my thoughts are with him and his family.

I second that Richard .

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Good post, Gareth. Don't take any notice. Losing a child is no small matter, and not 'over the top'. Billy is a footballer, and we're football fans. He's one of us. This is a football forum, after all.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Very terrible news thoughts go to billy and his family :(

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Great tribute to his son aswell Lifted his top when he scored and it said "This is for you son" :ayatollah:
Brave man playing tonight RIP :cry: :cry:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:Great tribute to his son aswell Lifted his top when he scored and it said "This is for you son" :ayatollah:

They didn't give him a yellow card for that did they?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Aramore wrote:
CityBlue1 wrote:Great tribute to his son aswell Lifted his top when he scored and it said "This is for you son" :ayatollah:

No they didn't :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:No offence intended Gareth but isn't this a little bit over the top?

Not being funny but i cant understand what you are on about.

I merely posted how sad it is that a young life has been lost. 18 months ago my youngest boy Sam was born and was seriously ill in ICU at Winchester Hospital. My family spent 4 or 5 days worrying if he'd pull through. We went through hell for those days. Fortunately Sam pulled through and is now healthy. Poor Billy Sharp and his wife must be going through hell and i'm using this forum to post support for them.

As I said Gareth, it wasn't a dig at all perhaps its just me being on a bit of downer at the moment; I do spend too much time reading the shite on Mikes board. Mr. Sharp and his lady wife will be going through it, as you yourself have and no doubt countless others. In a strange way perhaps the little one is better off being out of this world as it looks like a shit storm the like of our generation haven't seen is on the horizon. In ten days it will be the eleventh day of the eleventh month when the slaughter of 1914 1918 stopped;

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:22 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

No they didn't :ayatollah:

Well that's good then :) Some Refs would be harsh enough to give him one :/

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Our thoughts are with the family