Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bonfire night a few years back!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:07 pm

I was in Asda on the weekend and we were looking at the fireworks they had on sale. That reminded me of a very funny incident from Ninian Park, well sort of. I'll tell you the story but first my mrs pointed out that I used to have great laugh at Ninian Park at one time until a certain point.

Basically this well known fan (I won't name names lol) used to come down with stuff to sell all the time. He'd come around the offices and ask if we wanted anything and it was great to be fair.
He turned up this one time, around about this time of year, selling fireworks. I'm sure though he must have got them from some arms dealer in Iraq or something. :lol: They were not the type of thing you'd have in your back garden. One of the guys in the office bought a boot full of them off him. "I'll do these for the kids tonight", he said.
Next day he came in and said "you've got to get hold of some of those fireworks". Apparently he lived in a small terrace house in Cwmaman and he set these fireworks up about 10 foot from the house. :lol: When he set them off he reckon there were people two streets away hiding under tables, so you can imagine what his back garden looked like.
His mrs went mental and his kids are suffering with post dramatic war syndrome. All his neighbours were out wondering what the hell was going on, they thought a chemical factory had blown up or something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely brilliant. I still piss myself now when I think about that. :lol:

Re: Bonfire night a few years back!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Berwyn wrote:I was in Asda on the weekend and we were looking at the fireworks they had on sale. That reminded me of a very funny incident from Ninian Park, well sort of. I'll tell you the story but first my mrs pointed out that I used to have great laugh at Ninian Park at one time until a certain point.

Basically this well known fan (I won't name names lol) used to come down with stuff to sell all the time. He'd come around the offices and ask if we wanted anything and it was great to be fair.
He turned up this one time, around about this time of year, selling fireworks. I'm sure though he must have got them from some arms dealer in Iraq or something. :lol: They were not the type of thing you'd have in your back garden. One of the guys in the office bought a boot full of them off him. "I'll do these for the kids tonight", he said.
Next day he came in and said "you've got to get hold of some of those fireworks". Apparently he lived in a small terrace house in Cwmaman and he set these fireworks up about 10 foot from the house. :lol: When he set them off he reckon there were people two streets away hiding under tables, so you can imagine what his back garden looked like.
His mrs went mental and his kids are suffering with post dramatic war syndrome. All his neighbours were out wondering what the hell was going on, they thought a chemical factory had blown up or something. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely brilliant. I still piss myself now when I think about that. :lol: