Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MALKY ON TALKSPORT...........

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Not sounding that optimistic on bringing in any big names but just to be adding to the squad, oh well. Cmon City :ayatollah:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports ... s-new-boys?

Re: MALKY ON TALKSPORT...........

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Not sounding that optimistic on bringing in any big names but just to be adding to the squad, oh well. Cmon City :ayatollah:

We be lucky to sign a div 2 player at this rate we are skint lets face it 4months on and still nm going on :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:01 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Not sounding that optimistic on bringing in any big names but just to be adding to the squad, oh well. Cmon City :ayatollah:

We be lucky to sign a div 2 player at this rate we are skint lets face it 4months on and still nm going on :ayatollah:

So you've been saying we are skint for 4 months.....so before we sacked one whole backroom team, bought another backroom team in, signed 10 new players who would all get signing on fees and compo for gunnarson, spent a reported £800k on Miller and £750k on Ben Turner.....and as recently as today signed another member to our backroom team for the academy :roll:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:23 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

I dont think its a case of being skint, more of a case on prioritising where the money goes i.e. stability of the club

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I dont think its a case of being skint, more of a case on prioritising where the money goes i.e. stability of the club

ahhh some logic at last

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Me thinks TG is hoping the 2 Malaysian internationals make the grade with us :old:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:47 pm

stickywicket wrote:Me thinks TG is hoping the 2 Malaysian internationals make the grade with us :old:

Same here the Maylasian even said himself its so hard to play over here ! He might have a good record but in a shit leauge !! :old:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Midfield general wrote:After listening to that I am sticking with my theory that no matter what position we are in January we will not sign a single player :cry:

No matter MG Our time will come next year i think Malky needs a year and then next year really push for it !!! As if we did get up this year we would sink like a rock in my opinion and i woulod rarther let malky have his time to get a cracking team toghter and really push next year :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:After listening to that I am sticking with my theory that no matter what position we are in January we will not sign a single player :cry:

No matter MG Our time will come next year i think Malky needs a year and then next year really push for it !!! As if we did get up this year we would sink like a rock in my opinion and i woulod rarther let malky have his time to get a cracking team toghter and really push next year :ayatollah:

Sorry but I dont believe a word the Malaysians say and their failure to back MM makes me think that they are trying to off-load the club.

I have lost trust since i watched dispatches ! Saying that Asian business men are buying english champ clubs cheap and selling them off !!! Well id welcome it if the new owners are passinote for the club

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

So you've been saying we are skint for 4 months.....so before we sacked one whole backroom team, bought another backroom team in, signed 10 new players who would all get signing on fees and compo for gunnarson, spent a reported £800k on Miller and £750k on Ben Turner.....and as recently as today signed another member to our backroom team for the academy :roll:

Exactly!! Why people think we haven't spent any money is crazy!! :lol:

We all settled for mid table at the start of the season - so anything more is a bonus and a highlight as to what Malky can achieve with such low resources at present. He's already done enough good in replacing the players we lost!!

Bothroyd, has done f**k all - what scored 2 goals, is usually a sub, and hasn't scored a header yet either! and is on a reported £40 odd grand a week?

Chopra - after the usual start to the season and a few goals, has faded away and now checked himself into rehab!

Burke, maybe one of our most missed players? but we have brought in Conway on the wing, (and Cowie!) sufficient replacement if you ask me.

I don't really think we're missing much else apart from Bellamy, but along with the other 6 or 7 players were ALL loans and have gone bact to parent clubs! (bar JET) who once again, hasn't looked anything special.

Like Norwich, and Swansea did last year, we are trying our best with what we have at the moment, and have a good base in place regarding the team spirit - and the players are gelling and wanting to play with one and other.

You can't keep criticising our SMALL club! just carry on being happier than last season? as that is what most of you are posting here..... :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:10 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
I have lost trust since i watched dispatches ! Saying that Asian business men are buying english champ clubs cheap and selling them off !!! Well i'd welcome it if the new owners are passinote for the club

When the malaysians bought into the club they inherited £24m worth of debt. hardy a cheap purchase.... ?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Besides Dave Whelan, Delia & Steve Gibson. Name me owners that are passionate about their clubs, football like any other industry its a business. Im frustrated as most but Id rather see the club being stabilised foremost, they tried the heavy investment on the field and it failed. get real, if you dont like it then find another club.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:25 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Besides Dave Whelan, Delia & Steve Gibson. Name me owners that are passionate about their clubs, football like any other industry its a business. Im frustrated as most but Id rather see the club being stabilised foremost, they tried the heavy investment on the field and it failed. get real, if you dont like it then find another club.

Chill ya nickers mate :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Midfield general wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Besides Dave Whelan, Delia & Steve Gibson. Name me owners that are passionate about their clubs, football like any other industry its a business. Im frustrated as most but Id rather see the club being stabilised foremost, they tried the heavy investment on the field and it failed. get real, if you dont like it then find another club.

They haven't tried heavy investment because they were loan deals

Oh and of course we didnt pay the wages..........

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:

Chill ya nickers mate :ayatollah:

I like my knickers :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

THERE still loans to the club weather they payed the wages or not :lol:
i just can not get my head around how there expecting a return on anything put in if there happy to sit MID-TABLE at best with the current squad could be worse if we get 2-3 injurys :cry:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:05 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

i just can not get my head around how there expecting a return on anything put in if there happy to sit MID-TABLE at best with the current squad could be worse if we get 2-3 injurys :cry:

How do you know what their expectations are then? Where have they stated that they want a return? At the start of this season and ON THIS VERY FORUM - most members said they will be happy with a MID TABLE finish!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

How do you know what their expectations are then? Where have they stated that they want a return? At the start of this season and ON THIS VERY FORUM - most members said they will be happy with a MID TABLE finish!

Well there not showing me anything that they do want a return with are current squad numbers or anything else so the proof is in the pudding like i said,who invests in any company and does not want a return MERLIN thats what i dont get all we are gonna get is more losses or spend more and get to the prem OF COURCE ITS MORE OF A GAMBLE it just dont make sence and the prem is the only way i think they will get any sort of return its not rocket science :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 pm

we all wanted the same thing at the start of the season - stability, steady finances, no gambles, honest and transparent owner, a manager that had a season of consolidation, and then push on next season once Malky has got the team/back team how he wants it - we have picked up a good bunch of players on a free (all now assets to the club) and a solid basis to push on next season - I dont expect to see any big players coming in or massive amounts of money spent anywhere. I will settle for a push at the playoffs if we can, and then have a big go next year when we will have a settled club and team.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Merlin wrote:we all wanted the same thing at the start of the season - stability, steady finances, no gambles, honest and transparent owner, a manager that had a season of consolidation, and then push on next season once Malky has got the team/back team how he wants it - we have picked up a good bunch of players on a free (all now assets to the club) and a solid basis to push on next season - I dont expect to see any big players coming in or massive amounts of money spent anywhere. I will settle for a push at the playoffs if we can, and then have a big go next year when we will have a settled club and team.

i agree but wheres the return money wise thats what im saying if the owners are happy with that so be it but like any company they want ++++++ on the books not more and more losses and a mid table team at best thats what im saying

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:44 pm

I just listened to the link.

Dont know what all the fuss and pessimism are about. This is in line with where we were at the start of the season. MM is building a team without the finances of w ham, leicester, saints, blackpool, ipswich or even brighton and not able to retain quality like birmingham have.

Only two of those above can go up - so the pressure is massive for them.
A blip in form and managers will go.

when you add boro, hull, derby, leeds, palace and us - that is 13 teams (and maybe a few more) trying for 3 places.
our budgets are tighter now - we new that and MM is hoping to add more players within that budget
he must be frustrated as players and agents play the game and hold out for a kings ransom.

our bollock was dropped before malky came. ledley, mcormack, mathews, maginnis and young declan dalley (16 yr old who went to man u), burke, bothroyd etc -all bad business (no fees or sell ons, contracts run down mad mad mad). we have brought in a load which is a decent no of signings by any teams standards. we were just badly managed as a team and a club.

mm has got to work with the tools at his disposal - hes doing very well too.

i am dissapointed the owners havent maybe gambled on a cash burst considering how well we've done- to keep momentum. i understand they want cardiff to run itself and we will have the financial fair play scheme coming in too, but football is about success to many -and i wouldnt want us to fall back for the sake of what would appear to be small change for TG and Co :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm

eddiep wrote:I just listened to the link.

Dont know what all the fuss and pessimism are about. This is in line with where we were at the start of the season. MM is building a team without the finances of w ham, leicester, saints, blackpool, ipswich or even brighton and not able to retain quality like birmingham have.

Only two of those above can go up - so the pressure is massive for them.
A blip in form and managers will go.

when you add boro, hull, derby, leeds, palace and us - that is 13 teams (and maybe a few more) trying for 3 places.
our budgets are tighter now - we new that and MM is hoping to add more players within that budget
he must be frustrated as players and agents play the game and hold out for a kings ransom.

our bollock was dropped before malky came. ledley, mcormack, mathews, maginnis and young declan dalley (16 yr old who went to man u), burke, bothroyd etc -all bad business (no fees or sell ons, contracts run down mad mad mad). we have brought in a load which is a decent no of signings by any teams standards. we were just badly managed as a team and a club.

mm has got to work with the tools at his disposal - hes doing very well too.

i am dissapointed the owners havent maybe gambled on a cash burst considering how well we've done- to keep momentum. i understand they want cardiff to run itself and we will have the financial fair play scheme coming in too, but football is about success to many -and i wouldnt want us to fall back for the sake of what would appear to be small change for TG and Co :ayatollah:

There's no pessimism with me, some though have just been spoilt over the seasons and they think we have this god given right to be told the ins & outs of the clubs finances & politics. Most of these are most probably started following from the Sam era and have jumped ship from one club to ours, personally I dont give a shit what goes on upstairs as on the pitch that matters and even with our thin under-rated squad we have fight, guts, determination, passion and the true meaning of a team with a inspiring manager. Its surprising what these can bring you, just look at Blackpool & Swansea