Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We would have lost that game last year

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Fed up of seeing this excuse every time we draw a game.

So I just thought i would start my own thread and say about Sunday "We would have WON that game last year". And we did. 4 nil I seem to recall. With some of the most scintilating attacking play ever seen at championship level.

So to all you anti Jones / Bothroyd / Chopra mongrels out there it wasnt all bad.

Re: We would have lost that game last year

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:52 pm

we was lucky not to lose it one shot after 3mins on there goal and the mistake which we got a lucky goal from,game was shit and very boring approach by us with the hoofball crap to there 6'ft'3 center halfs but yea we won with ease last year but then again we only got over half what the budget was last year i would say and no real name players :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:we was lucky not to lose it one shot after 3mins on there goal and the mistake which we got a lucky goal from,game was shit and very boring approach by us with the hoofball crap to there 6'ft'3 center halfs but yea we won with ease last year but then again we only got over half what the budget was last year i would say and no real name players :ayatollah:

I think its a myth weve only got half of last years budget. MM has just spent it differently ie: paying transfer fees instead of high loan wages.

Bothroyd and Chopra or Earnie and Miller would have been on approx same wages, plus we paid nearly a mil for KM. I know which i would prefer, wether they liked a beer and a gamble or not.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:57 pm

polo wrote:Fed up of seeing this excuse every time we draw a game.

So I just thought i would start my own thread and say about Sunday "We would have WON that game last year". And we did. 4 nil I seem to recall. With some of the most scintilating attacking play ever seen at championship level.

So to all you anti Jones / Bothroyd / Chopra mongrels out there it wasnt all bad.

And then the next two months

L
D
W
L
L
D
L
W
L
L

Wasnt that good either

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 pm

rb1976 wrote:

L
D
W
L
L
D
L
W
L
L

Wasnt that good either

Selective stats. Put up the whole season and it wasnt that bad. Better than this seasons going to be. FACT.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 pm

polo wrote:
rb1976 wrote:

L
D
W
L
L
D
L
W
L
L

Wasnt that good either

Selective stats. Put up the whole season and it wasnt that bad. Better than this seasons going to be. FACT.

I dont dispute that FACT at all but the next two months were shite last season. I've seen some really good football and some really poor football this year but agree this season is not going to be the best :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 pm

rb1976 wrote:
polo wrote:
rb1976 wrote:

L
D
W
L
L
D
L
W
L
L

Wasnt that good either

I dont dispute that FACT at all but the next two months were shite last season. I've seen some really good football and some really poor football this year but agree this season is not going to be the best :ayatollah:

Yes it was a bad spell, but most sides in the championship go through them. Toughest league in the world to get any consistency.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:20 pm

And we had eleven more points in the bag then!

Ive accepted that we wont be going for it this year. The sooner you come to terms with it the more enjoyable it becomes. I do believe that this team will improve the longer they are together so who knows we may have a bit of luck and go on a good run but this is Cardiff City and we never do it the easy way :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:24 pm

rb1976 wrote:And we had eleven more points in the bag then!

Ive accepted that we wont be going for it this year. The sooner you come to terms with it the more enjoyable it becomes. I do believe that this team will improve the longer they are together so who knows we may have a bit of luck and go on a good run but this is Cardiff City and we never do it the easy way :ayatollah:

I didnt get carried away last year, I never felt we "should be walking the league" because football, the championship especially, doesnt work like that. The way some people went on youd think we had Man Citys squad last year :lol:

I just get annoyed that people are quick to pick out everything that was wrong with Jones, Bothroyd and co and never see that actually we had some bloody good times in that era.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Got to agree when we were top. was it three seasons ago, and we won at Palace for the first time since 1976 I think the date was, big Malcome Allison was the manager, he said that we wouldn't get a bigger crowd than what they had on that Sat, we played Hereford at home on a Tues and got 35000.Ranting a bit now !!!!,

that season was some of the best football I have ever seen in my 45 + yrs of following the club, Schimicer was the captain we were on top but sadly it didn't last, and we fell away at the end of the season