Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Snowy Christmas day

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Worth a punt?

Let's get straight to it this evening, no small talk as the weather for the big day is starting to look quite interesting!

Christmas Day Chart
If you've been following recent updates to this forecast then you'll know that a trend has emerged over the last week or so, with many indicators pointing towards cold air being close by to, or right across the UK during the Christmas period. The news on this update is that the trend is still there, and is growing stronger..

Alongside is the latest update from the climate forecast system (available to view with daily updates in NW Extra), and again it's a cold setup with snow possible just about anywhere across the country. As ever, it's important to remember that the specifics will change and that we're just looking for trends at this stage - it's still 3 weeks until Xmas day which is an eternity in weather terms.

What we do have though is an increasing risk of a white Christmas and signs that a battle between colder and milder air may be taking place around the Xmas period very close by to the UK. As ever, the devil is in the detail and as we move through the next couple of weeks we'll start to firm up on that.

Give Santa alongside a shake to find out the current risk of snow in your part of the country.

Re: Snowy Christmas day

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:46 pm

I've just read what i pasted. I havent got a santa too shake. I took this off the netweather.co.uk page if you are interested.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:47 pm

dont build my hopes up forest
waking up xmas morning with 8 inches of snow on the ground with no chance of being visited by the in laws
if calsberg made xmases

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:48 pm

steve davies wrote:dont build my hopes up forest
waking up xmas morning with 8 inches of snow on the ground with no chance of being visited by the in laws
if calsberg made xmases

:lol:

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:49 pm

I's loves snow I do.

one in 3 chance apparently. More likely for Wales than over hear in the wilds of the Forest of Dean although it does blow straight of the Welsh hills here.