Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why do people lower themselves to these type of crimes..?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:53 am

Unfortunately, the scum that do this kind of thing are mindless, disrespectful and unbelievably ungrateful with absolutely no concern or understanding with regards the purpose those memorials are there in the first place :roll:

As far as I am aware there is now no-one alive that witnessed the futility of World War I and there are increasingly fewer survivors of World War II :(

People no longer have too many 'links with the past' or an understanding of what these people did to ensure that the very scum that carry out these attacks are free and able (ironically) to do so!! :x

There could be many reasons 'why' they do this kind of thing (I've recently heard of similar occurences in cemetaries and memorial parks) but there can NEVER be an excuse!! :(

Grandparents and Great Grandparents who sacrificed their lives and/or suffered the consequences of these wars (and those people who fought in battles in more recent times) would be in despair if they could see what was going on. But maybe it's better they cannot, eh?? :cry:

There is also the 'new' format of the UK to take into account where we have now become such a multi-national and multi-cultural society that history itself is no longer necessarily a 'British' thing :|

For whatever reason (and we all have to share some part of the blame) may kids have been brought up to have little or no respect for anything outside their own heads and we adults should shoulder much of the blame as often we do little or nothing to discourage or educate them; even if that means saying "Oi, NO!!" :oops:

Come a week Friday (at the11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month) and on Sunday 13th I for one will be joining the people who still take time to commemorate those who perished in all wars involving British and Commonwealth citizens. I will be proud to do so as, like many of you, I had relatives who made the ultimate sacrifice and it is the very least I can do to out of respect for what they did, i.e. laying down their own lives to ensure we still live in a (relatively) free society!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: