Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Attack of the Trip Advisors on Channel 4 now

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 pm

trip advisor totally pisses me off...

for years we in the travel industry have known that hotels get staff to right great reviews and also false reviews about other hotels..

i tell customers not to take any notice of trip advisor as the best form of marketing is word of mouth...

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:trip advisor totally pisses me off...

for years we in the travel industry have known that hotels get staff to right great reviews and also false reviews about other hotels..

i tell customers not to take any notice of trip advisor as the best form of marketing is word of mouth...

Fully agree hense why theres a court case against Trip Advisor currently in process. Its still good viewing mind :lol:

ill give it a bash on chan 4 +1 at 10 then!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:55 pm

I have used tripadvisors website to get info to enable me to book my last 5 holidays and tbh it has yet to let me down.As long as u
average out the comments u wont go far wrong imo

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Fully agree hense why theres a court case against Trip Advisor currently in process. Its still good viewing mind :lol:

What do you do in the travel industry then..?

im a manager for thomas cook...

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:07 pm

generally people only seem to say things about a trip if things didnt go to plan...

lots of our customers are quick to put something in writing if a holiday wasnt what was expected , however not many do the same if it exceeded expectations...

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

What do you do in the travel industry then..?

im a manager for thomas cook...

Interesting, thats logged for future reference ;)

:lol: