Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's actually fun watching City now

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 pm

With the expectation of fans and players last season there were too few games that were actually fun to watch. It's just my opinion but watching City this season has been more enjoyable than any season I can remember.

I love that Malky not only never sits down but I can here him shouting across the pitch in the Ninian stand. He's a motivator and seems to get the very best out of players.

We are playing some very good football and now only 3 point off the play-offs. With 2 or 3 new players I see us making the play offs

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: It's actually fun watching City now

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Playing some very good football?

The style of play this season has been very dissapointing.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:51 pm

polo wrote:Playing some very good football?

i wouldnt say so.

we dont have the flair and dynamic runs that burke bellamy etc were capable off.

but personally the work ethic and passing that we produce really excites me. would i like one more player who can make things happen, yes ofcourse, but am i disapointed with what we have got now... no way

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

it was great to see a team who wants to play for us and are hard to beat i was on pins at times but we done really well considering we got battered for most the second half

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:56 pm

The attitude of our players is so much better this year. 100% committed, the team almost picks itself at the moment but the players and still given their all with little or no risk of being replaced. Stephen McPhail is playing really well and Witts is playing well - Gunnar if finding some good form and Joe Mason is a fantastic find

We are a team this year rather than a group of individuals.

The most pleasing thing for me is watching Malky see all the players off - even shaking hands with the opposition and only when everyone has left the pitch does he thanks all the fans a stand at a time

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm

jezzy666 wrote:

i wouldnt say so.

we dont have the flair and dynamic runs that burke bellamy etc were capable off.

but personally the work ethic and passing that we produce really excites me. would i like one more player who can make things happen, yes ofcourse, but am i disapointed with what we have got now... no way

Im not disputing the work ethic and Malkys motivational style of management but I find it difficult to see that we are playing a good style of football / passing game.

We are a very workmanlike difficult side to beat rather than one that looks to take the game to teams.

Safety first if anything.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 pm

polo wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

i wouldnt say so.

Im not disputing the work ethic and Malkys motivational style of management but I find it difficult to see that we are playing a good style of football / passing game.

We are a very workmanlike difficult side to beat rather than one that looks to take the game to teams.

Safety first if anything.

I actually agree with Polo here..... He's talking sense. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm

def better this year,
gone are the ego players of chopra, bothroyd...
missing another player to take over from CONWAY,need another fast wide player
but think this season has been the most enjoyable for the last couple,maybe because I am not expecting anything
well, maybe a carling cup semi is looking good

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:46 pm

I think you're missing two letters to the thread title " ny" ;)

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

im finding it very very boring with are safety `1st hoofball to there ceter halfs approach then maybe nick a goal away from home :roll:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 pm

i think that the defenders shouldn't just hoof it up unless needed e.g. under pressure because we have a midfield and an attack force that can play decent football just look at the goal against Leeds. We lose much more possession booting the ball up to the opposing centre halves but we are getting results but i think we need another win away from home ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 am

bobbank78 wrote:
We are playing some very good football and now only 3 point off the play-offs. With 2 or 3 new players I see us making the play offs

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What games are you watching ? Our defence is an utter mess just as bad if not worst than last year. For quite a few games, like Leeds and Leicester were were totally and utterly outplayed (how we got results we did I'll never know) our forwards lack the class of last year and throughout the entire team there's a lack of Pace.

The only real highlights have been Whitts, better Team effort and what seems to be move time on the ball . We're like the Arsenal of the 80's and 90's only with out being able to win games 1-0

gone are the ego players of chopra, bothroyd

Replaced by like Earnie , cased closed me thinks