Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The love and passion for city, where did it all go wrong

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm

if we look back ten years ago it was such a hostile! place to come ninian park, most teams were on the end of songs such as,

'you must of come in a taxi
your going home in a f*cking ambulance,
'stamp on his head, stamp on his head
'your gonna get your f*cking heads kicked in
numurous songs to police officers and opposition players and managers

alot of players hated coming here in some cases it completely shook up teams,

obviously the change of ground a huge factor but still in the last couple of seasons
I'm very dissapointed to how and why our great club atmosphere has died,

these days you'l be banned for life or kicked out.,
I appreciate the club is family orientated these days, but you can't bubble wrap people away from the odd bit of offensive banter at football and occasional swearing, because thats how we are in genural as people in country.
it's pointless, most of us grew up listening to that, and look how we all turned out? :lol: .
is hostility really that bad a thing?

also being in south wales alot of people have been hit hard lost jobs, and struggled money being an obvious factor, but I still feel the passion is dead and people dont really have that buzz like before,
we'v grown into a great team had great players, expectations change people get content and they dont like to take any step backwards,
we lose a few games and sit at 16th, we'l have about 13,000 or worse turning up for a game like peterborough.
we use to get that in division 2 .
is the reality factor alot of our hardcore fans dont have the same buzz anymore.. because of the modern day hassle and interferance,
:?:

Re: The love and passion for city, where did it all go wrong

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 am

walking up sloper road for every home game used to get me buzzing. walking to the ground for a home game doesnt have any buzz at all. theres hardly any banter, hardly any singing and the passion seems like it has gone(in some ways)

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:22 am

times change people get older and rules change ie no standing etc you have to ride with it and move on.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 am

pensionerbluebird wrote:times change people get older and rules change ie no standing etc you have to ride with it and move on.

i find that sad,that we as supporters have to take that view,we cant stand because of health and safety,please,thats balls,the supporters are being strangled,slowly but surely :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Times change. For the better, in my opinion, for what it's worth. Crowds are averaging over 20,000 per game. Best since the 70s. The Canton stand can still stand. All of the ground can sing and chant. Nothing clever, or hard, about jumping away fans, especially when there are only a few of them, like the Bristol City kid at the start of the season. A lot of City fans helped the old bill get the culprit. We still have a great away following. And we've been in the second tier of English football for a while now. Beats division 4 in the late 80s. The 2000 crowds we had never really intimidated people. Again, just my opinion, but it was not huge fun going to places like the old Den in the 70s. Very dangerous. So enjoy the football, the atmosphere can still be pretty good at the CCS, like against Swansea 2-1. Leicester 2-1. And Southampton this season. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Times change. For the better, in my opinion, for what it's worth. Crowds are averaging over 20,000 per game. Best since the 70s. The Canton stand can still stand. All of the ground can sing and chant. Nothing clever, or hard, about jumping away fans, especially when there are only a few of them, like the Bristol City kid at the start of the season. A lot of City fans helped the old bill get the culprit. We still have a great away following. And we've been in the second tier of English football for a while now. Beats division 4 in the late 80s. The 2000 crowds we had never really intimidated people. Again, just my opinion, but it was not huge fun going to places like the old Den in the 70s. Very dangerous. So enjoy the football, the atmosphere can still be pretty good at the CCS, like against Swansea 2-1. Leicester 2-1. And Southampton this season. :ayatollah:

Great post and I fully agree, you have to make the best of what you've got and CCS is a great stadium if the fans make it one.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:29 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Times change. For the better, in my opinion, for what it's worth. Crowds are averaging over 20,000 per game. Best since the 70s. The Canton stand can still stand. All of the ground can sing and chant. Nothing clever, or hard, about jumping away fans, especially when there are only a few of them, like the Bristol City kid at the start of the season. A lot of City fans helped the old bill get the culprit. We still have a great away following. And we've been in the second tier of English football for a while now. Beats division 4 in the late 80s. The 2000 crowds we had never really intimidated people. Again, just my opinion, but it was not huge fun going to places like the old Den in the 70s. Very dangerous. So enjoy the football, the atmosphere can still be pretty good at the CCS, like against Swansea 2-1. Leicester 2-1. And Southampton this season. :ayatollah:

good post these hoolies of yester year never frightened away fans that was just their own imagination bigging themselves up

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Well said Tony Blue.
Cotta - no thanks.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Meant to say well said to Llangain as well.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:59 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:if we look back ten years ago it was such a hostile! place to come ninian park, most teams were on the end of songs such as,

obviously the change of ground a huge factor but still in the last couple of seasons

I appreciate the club is family orientated these days, but you can't bubble wrap people away from the odd bit of offensive banter at football and occasional swearing, because thats how we are in genural as people in country.
it's pointless, most of us grew up listening to that, and look how we all turned out? :lol: .

also being in south wales alot of people have been hit hard lost jobs, and struggled money being an obvious factor, but I still feel the passion is dead and people dont really have that buzz like before,
we'v grown into a great team had great players, expectations change people get content and they dont like to take any step backwards,
we lose a few games and sit at 16th, we'l have about 13,000 or worse turning up for a game like peterborough.
is the reality factor alot of our hardcore fans dont have the same buzz anymore.. because of the modern day hassle and interferance,

Spot On Mate !!!!!! Its like a fecking Libary in the CCS i used to be buzzing going down np and my first year in CCS but know its gone ! im moving my season ticket next year to the Canton so i can stand up and chant ! I have now come to realise the stadium has nothing to do with atmosphre at all ! Id rarther 8,000 fans who are willing to stand and sing and shout coming to games, instead of the plastics who sit there taking about current issues ! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:53 pm

the introduction of all seater stadiums has taken the passion away from most clubs fans not just cardiffs and the intimidating factor we once had has now gone since cctv was put inside stadiums,you ve only got to go back to the chelsea game where alot of fans where given prison sentences for doing nothing

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:02 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
ccfc_cotta wrote:if we look back ten years ago it was such a hostile! place to come ninian park, most teams were on the end of songs such as,

Spot On Mate !!!!!! Its like a fecking Libary in the CCS i used to be buzzing going down np and my first year in CCS but know its gone ! im moving my season ticket next year to the Canton so i can stand up and chant ! I have now come to realise the stadium has nothing to do with atmosphre at all ! Id rarther 8,000 fans who are willing to stand and sing and shout coming to games, instead of the plastics who sit there taking about current issues ! :ayatollah:

Agree mate

I went to the pub on sunday first time in ages to see my mates where i came from. there were about 20 there. only two go now.
yes we get 20,000 but we have lost 1000,s too (the ones who put the buzz into following the city.)
i'm in the ninian with a season ticket and have missed 4 home games already - couldnt even give my ticket away.

i dont look forward to it at CCS and now theyve crushed most of the crack at away games - i see my time is ending too. I think i will give the canton a crack next year in the hope of enjoying my game the way i want too.
if that don't improve - i will succumb to the shackles of sky sports with my hard earned

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Come on eddiep, cheer up mate! My ST is on the corner of the Canton and Grandstand, and the atmosphere is not bad at all. It won't get any better if people like you watch football on TV. We all, myself included, tend to look back with rose-tinted specs, but we have to make the best of the current situation, which really is not that bad. Unless you're losing interest in the game, of course :( Hope not :ayatollah: And the away games are still brilliant :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 pm

lewis91 wrote:walking up sloper road for every home game used to get me buzzing. walking to the ground for a home game doesnt have any buzz at all. theres hardly any banter, hardly any singing and the passion seems like it has gone(in some ways)

Spot on Lewis sadly its all gone :cry: