Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my opinion on our captain.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm sorry but I like him. I now I'm going to get slautered for saying this, but I think he's orite. No he's not Vidic, but he's orite. He did have an off game today, I admit, but over all I think he's solid. There are to many posters on here who jump straight on a players back as soon as they don't do to well. Take Kenny Miller for an example. I know we're not in the playoff spots, we're tenth. But as we said at the start of the season, we weren't expecting to go up, and in my opinion Hudson is the man to captain us, ovcorse I'd prefer Bellamy, but Hudson is doing fine, he's the captain that we need at the moment. Malky has faith, and he's our manager, at the end of the day it's his opinion. I think we should all get off the man's back, we've all got to remember that being a captain isn't just about being a captain on the pitch but off it, if u remember last season they were all out drinking, and it blew it for us, not saying it was Bellamy's fault, but maybe it was others, but have we heared of any of this hapenning this season, or any of our players going of the rails, no. Malky manager, and Hudson captain. It's all down to opinion, but for me, he's the only man in that team for the job.

Re: my opinion on our captain.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Good player.
Best captains are leaders off the pitch. I doubt so many managers are wrong about him being captain.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Excellent post mate!!!
Was saying while watching the game today to a neighbour that supports Swindon (dunno y I mentioned that) lol,
How well Huds is doing and although he had a slow start in his first year after moving from Charlton, he's doing ok!!
In terms of the drinking n players out on the lash I think MM don't take any shit and I guess Huds has to replicate that by leading professionally!!

Top post!!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good player.
Best captains are leaders off the pitch. I doubt so many managers are wrong about him being captain.

As a personality he is the absolute best man for captain.

A mate of mine has had dealings with him due to his charity involvement and I won't embarrass him by going into details, but he tells me Hudson is intelligent, generous, well thought of by the other players and very mature for a footballer.

Its clearly up for debate as to whether he's a good player or not, but from what I've been told by my extremely trustworthy mate, he's well worth his captains role -at least off the field. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:20 pm

I've met the man a few times, and can I just say that he is a legend. He's funny without being over the top, suttle, seems like a character and is allways leaving the stadium with his kids, good family man, or with other players cracking jokes. The man is a credit to this football club.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:20 pm

People generally like a shouter as captain. If Gerrard was captain would he shout more, I doubt it, would anyone listen more? I doubt it. It's all about respect IMO.... I don't think Gerrard comes across as a responsible/respectable type.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

gwbluearmy! wrote:I'm sorry but I like him. I now I'm going to get slautered for saying this, but I think he's orite. No he's not Vidic, but he's orite. He did have an off game today, I admit, but over all I think he's solid. There are to many posters on here who jump straight on a players back as soon as they don't do to well. Take Kenny Miller for an example. I know we're not in the playoff spots, we're tenth. But as we said at the start of the season, we weren't expecting to go up, and in my opinion Hudson is the man to captain us, ovcorse I'd prefer Bellamy, but Hudson is doing fine, he's the captain that we need at the moment. Malky has faith, and he's our manager, at the end of the day it's his opinion. I think we should all get off the man's back, we've all got to remember that being a captain isn't just about being a captain on the pitch but off it, if u remember last season they were all out drinking, and it blew it for us, not saying it was Bellamy's fault, but maybe it was others, but have we heared of any of this hapenning this season, or any of our players going of the rails, no. Malky manager, and Hudson captain. It's all down to opinion, but for me, he's the only man in that team for the job.

Old fashioned Stopper. Can't pass , No pace. An average Championship Centre Half.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:People generally like a shouter as captain. If Gerrard was captain would he shout more, I doubt it, would anyone listen more? I doubt it. It's all about respect IMO.... I don't think Gerrard comes across as a responsible/respectable type.

I think the younger ones like Mason and Rudy look up to him. I think other players looked up to Bellamy and Bothroyd, but feered them aswell and were intimidated by their presance, I would imagine Huds, from what I've heared, he seems like a much more approchable guy.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:30 am

agree with all this.

hudson did have an off game

but the problem is whenever we lose hudson will get blamed no matter what happens

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:44 am

lets face it he couldnt have played that bad.

how many times can you remember Ross, Keough, or becchio tearing us apart or dominating?

wrong side for the goal, yes! it happens if it didnt he would playing along side Puyol

No ego no bullshit, an honest cardiff city player who gives his all for the club.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:49 am

milly44 wrote:lets face it he couldnt have played that bad.

how many times can you remember Ross, Keough, or becchio tearing us apart or dominating?

wrong side for the goal, yes! it happens if it didnt he would playing along side Puyol

No ego no bullshit, an honest cardiff city player who gives his all for the club.

Spot on mate and I reckon his first half sliding block prevented a goal.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:25 am

PtB wrote:
milly44 wrote:lets face it he couldnt have played that bad.

Spot on mate and I reckon his first half sliding block prevented a goal.

definitely, he blocked a fair few yesterday.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:15 am

gwbluearmy! wrote:I'm sorry but I like him. I now I'm going to get slautered for saying this, but I think he's orite. No he's not Vidic, but he's orite. He did have an off game today, I admit, but over all I think he's solid. There are to many posters on here who jump straight on a players back as soon as they don't do to well. Take Kenny Miller for an example. I know we're not in the playoff spots, we're tenth. But as we said at the start of the season, we weren't expecting to go up, and in my opinion Hudson is the man to captain us, ovcorse I'd prefer Bellamy, but Hudson is doing fine, he's the captain that we need at the moment. Malky has faith, and he's our manager, at the end of the day it's his opinion. I think we should all get off the man's back, we've all got to remember that being a captain isn't just about being a captain on the pitch but off it, if u remember last season they were all out drinking, and it blew it for us, not saying it was Bellamy's fault, but maybe it was others, but have we heared of any of this hapenning this season, or any of our players going of the rails, no. Malky manager, and Hudson captain. It's all down to opinion, but for me, he's the only man in that team for the job.

Excellent Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 am

Agreed!!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:51 am

I agree!! Also he puts himself in more situations where he can make a mistake, so inevitabley will make the odd one!