Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BY THIS TIME LAST SEASON

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:23 pm

In the league we had 9 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

This season in the league so far we've had 5 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses.

Hmmm hopefully it'll be turned around if we aim for a play-off spot. Not expecting that this year, opinions? :ayatollah:

Re: BY THIS TIME LAST SEASON

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:25 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:In the league we had 9 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

Hmmm hopefully it'll be turned around if we aim for a play-off spot. Not expecting that this year, opinions? :ayatollah:

long way to go :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Still wasn't good enough though.

Think I'd prefer middling it and a late charge, than looking good and fecking it up.

This time last season we were about to play the Jacks. You know what happened there and the next couple of months.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:34 pm

i'd rather tick along nicely (which we have been doing) then from january on move up a gear or two

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:00 pm

jinks-rct wrote:i'd rather tick along nicely (which we have been doing) then from january on move up a gear or two

Yeah :) :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:08 pm

The thing is Rhys it's where you are at the end of the season that matters and only then. :old:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:55 pm

this squad is capable of keeping in touch with the top 6 to 8 teamstill january then bring in the right 3 to 4 players and we will hopefully finish strongly :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Well I am enjoying this season miles more even though the point tally is lower.
Bloooooooobirds.
And so glad dirty Leeds never beat us.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Always good to compare where we are now to this time last season,
We were also TOP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And as Malky said today it would be nicer to be top but we are where we are!!!

But I`m enjoying the season, and looking forward to Cov away which is the next one I can go to :ayatollah:
We are playing more "as a team" and although we are drawing to many its better than losing.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

the way to do it is as we are... win your home games and draw your away... this yr is also a lot tougher than last yr.. stronger teams...

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Too many draws so far but i really feel that we are not far off turning these draws into wins and if we can make that happen then we can fly :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:52 am

In this league it barely matters where you are in the table until late January, I'd say its far from panic stations at this stage of the season.

How many teams have we seen make the play offs (and go up) who are in the bottom third of the table at Christmas ?

I would however echo the views that the squad could do with a bit more depth, if we are to make a push later on.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:This time last season we were about to play the Jacks. You know what happened there and the next couple of months.

This^^^^

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Howver good we were last season at this point we still did not get promoted. Therefore, if we do not get promoted this season we are no worse off. Added to that, I am enjoying the football much more this season. There is less expectation and at least the players are giving 110%. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 am

Midfield general wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:the way to do it is as we are... win your home games and draw your away... this yr is also a lot tougher than last yr.. stronger teams...

Not a chance, this is only going to be tougher because we have a worse team FACT

i wouldnt say we have a worse team... we all know we are lacking in depth yes.. but i would say we have more of a team this yr than we have ever had... 2 quality players in this team and i feel we are looking like top 6...

the team that finished the season last yr is no way better than the team we have now...