Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIDSDALES LITTLE GEM

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:50 pm

During the summer as a result of Plymouth's financial problems Peter Ridsdale offered Cardiff City a gem by the name of Joe Mason, at £250k surely this is looking like the steal of the summer.

Ridsdale said he is the type of player that has got the talent but at present will give a good game every 1 in 3, if that was the case then Malky has handled the youngster superbly :ayatollah:

Re: RIDSDALES LITTLE GEM

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm

lets be fair, he looks average, he's no aaron ramsey

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:58 pm

McClane wrote:lets be fair, he looks average, he's no aaron ramsey

Sorry Ben got to disagree, loan striker role is tough, and he does it great :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:00 pm

:lol: :roll:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:00 pm

I wish we had 10 other 'average' players...we'd be brilliant.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 pm

I agree carl, He looks a tidy player now and he's only going to get better :ayatollah:

Looks like we will make a tidy profit on him :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:11 pm

milly44 wrote:

Sorry Ben got to disagree, loan striker role is tough, and he does it great :ayatollah:

why do you think im ben plastic boy?

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:35 pm

To be fair who is?

We have not had an Aaron Ramsey since Toshack.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Since when was Aaron Ramsey a striker :roll: :lol:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:22 pm

He fouled the leeds defender when he scored with an elbow in the back, so today he was as lucky as the rest of the team?

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Merlin wrote:He fouled the leeds defender when he scored with an elbow in the back, so today he was as lucky as the rest of the team?

Very lucky that the Leeds defender did not take a dive or protest.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 pm

You are allowed to place a hand on other players as long as there is no force, as there clearly wasn't. The big Irish queer had alredy stumbled and didn't have a clue what the f**k he was doing and only 1 of them actually put in any sort of claim for a foul. Joe was persistant and made the most of it. Playing as the lone striker is a horrible job but he's learning off Kenny Miller who has done the job for years with much success.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:33 pm

PtB wrote:You are allowed to place a hand on other players as long as there is no force, as there clearly wasn't. The big Irish queer had alredy stumbled and didn't have a clue what the f**k he was doing and only 1 of them actually put in any sort of claim for a foul. Joe was persistant and made the most of it. Playing as the lone striker is a horrible job but he's learning off Kenny Miller who has done the job for years with much success.

I Disagree, joes push took the momentum of the player over the ball, if he'd dived they would have got a free kick - he was lucky. I've seen the replay enough times to see the result of joes push, btw, he didn't use his hands.... ;)

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:35 pm

He reminds me of Shane Long, who is above average!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Merlin wrote:
PtB wrote:You are allowed to place a hand on other players as long as there is no force, as there clearly wasn't. The big Irish queer had alredy stumbled and didn't have a clue what the f**k he was doing and only 1 of them actually put in any sort of claim for a foul. Joe was persistant and made the most of it. Playing as the lone striker is a horrible job but he's learning off Kenny Miller who has done the job for years with much success.

I Disagree, joes push took the momentum of the player over the ball, if he'd dived they would have got a free kick - he was lucky. I've seen the replay enough times to see the result of joes push, btw, he didn't use his hands.... ;)

Elbow or whatever :D there still has to be force on it. If the player took a dive then he'd have been cheating! O'Dea done what he has for years, made a c**t of it! Even his own teammates played it down in the post match interviews blaming injuries for the error!

We can agree to disagree though :)

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:During the summer as a result of Plymouth's financial problems Peter Ridsdale offered Cardiff City a gem by the name of Joe Mason, at £250k surely this is looking like the steal of the summer.

Ridsdale said he is the type of player that has got the talent but at present will give a good game every 1 in 3, if that was the case then Malky has handled the youngster superbly :ayatollah:

Are you trying to state Ridsdale did us a favour ? Don't think so. Ridsdale only thinks of one thing Ridsdale.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:51 pm

He's a real prospect no doubt about that.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:During the summer as a result of Plymouth's financial problems Peter Ridsdale offered Cardiff City a gem by the name of Joe Mason, at £250k surely this is looking like the steal of the summer.

Might have already returned one of him millions Carl :lol:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Merlin wrote:He fouled the leeds defender when he scored with an elbow in the back, so today he was as lucky as the rest of the team?

A good proportion of goals should be disallowed.
One of Barnsley's last week, Moragans for Forest vs us Alan Lee for Palace, pushing goes on all over. i'd have been disappointed if he didnt give him a nudge.
Its a mans game :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vJ7ZlF86tg

just poor defending and good work rate by Mason yet again looks to be a good signing :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am

I agree he is no Aaron Ramsey, but he is def worth 200,000 surely :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I hope not if we paid £250,000 :D

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 am

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

annis was taking off the riddlers cut for the transfer :D

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am

steve davies wrote:
PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

annis was taking off the riddlers cut for the transfer :D

:lol: He probably has a 72% sell on clause too.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 am

Only time will tell if he is a gem, there is no evidence as yet that says he is going to be special but at just 20 he is a great prospect. I watched him play for IrelandU21 v Hungary and must admit he sort of ran the show that night.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Defo Disagree going to be a gem and joy to whatch :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm

mason is an interesting player, he's took his chances well in recent weeks, but I dont know if he has that edge terrorising defences you wouldn't see him scoring hat tricks and hitting in ten chances
On comparrison to the likes of ross mackormack an easy 3.5 million rated striker going for 350k that was criminal,

a season with malky & kenny millar will bring him on leaps and bounds, hopefully to that level

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm

A bit of a daft comparison considering Aaron Ramsey is one of the best players who has ever played for us :lol:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Looks average!!! You got to having a laugh. The first time I saw him (when he came on as a sub at the CCS and straight away was brought down about three times because they couldn't handle him) I turned to my mate and said "he won't be with us next season". I honestly believe he is that good. But the great thing about football is that everyone has different opinions.