Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Oh dear!!

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I have to admit I do enjoy listening to talk sport!

I am a Cardiff fan but also a fan of football so why not!

Twice tonight though I have heard calls from passionate man u and Liverpool fans phone in with very strong welsh accents!

I still to this day don't understand how you can be born in this area an support a team miles away!!

I hope one day in my life time the tide will turn!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Oh dear!!

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:I have to admit I do enjoy listening to talk sport!

Twice tonight though I have heard calls from passionate man u and Liverpool fans phone in with very strong welsh accents!

I still to this day don't understand how you can be born in this area an support a team miles away!!

I blame the parents...in most cases.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 pm

does it matter?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:28 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:does it matter?

I hear you! However personally it grates me and always has :twisted:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:I have to admit I do enjoy listening to talk sport!

I blame the parents...in most cases.

parents yes agreed,but also media,telly and papers are only focused on premier teams and never show whats going on outside of the prem. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Baz, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ....I was up in the Valleys a few months ago,....I was having a few beers with some great mates who I hadn't seen for years and the majority were Man Ure fans :? :? .....anyway, I asked who would you support if Manure and Cardiff played each other...you can guess the answer :twisted: ....

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:58 pm

A lot of English clubs have always had a supporters in southWales, and to be fair, a lot of them go to games. Not every week, perhaps, but certainly a few times a season. Also, if truth be told, a lot of CCFC fans have a 'second' team. To be honest, it does not really bother me. At least they are going to football.

North Wales is another matter. Manchester and Liverpool are just a few miles away, and busloads go every week. Poor old Wrexham are the ones who lose out, but they seem to be most people up there's second favourite team.

So long as people are supporting football, at any level, then best of luck to them. :ayatollah:

Most of them support the Wales team, as can be seen from the crowds we were having in the Mark Hughes era.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Marc wrote:Baz, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ....I was up in the Valleys a few months ago,....I was having a few beers with some great mates who I hadn't seen for years and the majority were Man Ure fans :? :? .....anyway, I asked who would you support if Manure and Cardiff played each other...you can guess the answer :twisted: ....

:shock: :shock:

Go on mate admit it! I bet you wanted to lay the head on them :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm

I was in my home town of Bridgend last Monday - and I saw 4 football related clothing. The weather was cr@p so not tops.
But pleased to say 3 were City clothing and the other was a Jacks tracksuit by a youngster.