Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HATE BLACKBURN..................

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 pm

1984 brings back sour memories of Blackburn, a typical dirty northern town. It was the last season we were in the same league as them, I think. On a dirty Tuesday night, me and a few mates made the trip up and was staying in a place called Corporation Park overnight. Anyway as usual we got beat, not sure of the result but they beat us. What always sticks in my mind was the pub we were drinking in, we had a skinfull before the game and was invited back after the match. Cant recall the name of the pub but a typical run down bar that you had to wipe your feet on the way out, on the corner of the bar was a big bird cage with a cock a too in it and it would turn the air blue with its language. The 5 of us had made our way back to this pub and not in the best of moods because my mate Roddy had a can of coke lobbed at the back of his head and it exploded and ruined his precious sheepskin(I think he still has it), the pub was pretty quiet and we were playing pool most of the night and the cock a too was in high spirits squawking f**k off, bastards and repeatedly laughing. The pub was getting a bit busier and the beer was flowing and a few City songs were sung with banter from the locals, now my mate can be atad paranoid after a few pints and he was at the pool table getting battered and annoyed that everyone was watching him. I was at the bar when all I could hear was the bird laughing as my mates opponent had whitewashed him and he screamed f**k OFF at the bird and threw the white ball at it, well f**k me didnt he just hit the cage perfect as it flew off the bar and crashed to the floor killing it outright and uproar in the pub as the landlord & landlady going mental, it was one of them situations where you just didnt know what to do. Cutting it short, it was mayhem and a back to the walls fight broke out where and we took one hell of a kicking I suppose deservedly and the police came and arrested us all. My mate was actually charged with murder of the bird, I still say to this day that he is the only footy fan ever to be arrested for murder of a cock a too. It wasnt deliberate and we were all very sorry and gutted the bird had died, we were all fined £12 each except for Rod who had to fork out something like £40 for cruelty to the poor animal. Thats my memory of the shithole of Blackburn and never have been back since and hope never have too either. I f*cking hate Blackburn

Re: I HATE BLACKBURN..................

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 pm

:lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:20 pm

LOL

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:29 pm

brilliant :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Fair play mate that had me in stitches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:08 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:46 pm

I bet the jack fans will polish off a cock-or-two when they go to Blackburn!!!

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:1984 brings back sour memories of Blackburn, a typical dirty northern town. It was the last season we were in the same league as them, I think. On a dirty Tuesday night, me and a few mates made the trip up and was staying in a place called Corporation Park overnight. Anyway as usual we got beat, not sure of the result but they beat us. What always sticks in my mind was the pub we were drinking in, we had a skinfull before the game and was invited back after the match. Cant recall the name of the pub but a typical run down bar that you had to wipe your feet on the way out, on the corner of the bar was a big bird cage with a cock a too in it and it would turn the air blue with its language. The 5 of us had made our way back to this pub and not in the best of moods because my mate Roddy had a can of coke lobbed at the back of his head and it exploded and ruined his precious sheepskin(I think he still has it), the pub was pretty quiet and we were playing pool most of the night and the cock a too was in high spirits squawking f**k off, bastards and repeatedly laughing. The pub was getting a bit busier and the beer was flowing and a few City songs were sung with banter from the locals, now my mate can be atad paranoid after a few pints and he was at the pool table getting battered and annoyed that everyone was watching him. I was at the bar when all I could hear was the bird laughing as my mates opponent had whitewashed him and he screamed f**k OFF at the bird and threw the white ball at it, well f**k me didnt he just hit the cage perfect as it flew off the bar and crashed to the floor killing it outright and uproar in the pub as the landlord & landlady going mental, it was one of them situations where you just didnt know what to do. Cutting it short, it was mayhem and a back to the walls fight broke out where and we took one hell of a kicking I suppose deservedly and the police came and arrested us all. My mate was actually charged with murder of the bird, I still say to this day that he is the only footy fan ever to be arrested for murder of a cock a too. It wasnt deliberate and we were all very sorry and gutted the bird had died, we were all fined £12 each except for Rod who had to fork out something like £40 for cruelty to the poor animal. Thats my memory of the shithole of Blackburn and never have been back since and hope never have too either. I f*cking hate Blackburn

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Freddie Starr ate my Hamster

if that happened today it would make the national news...........brilliant :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:57 pm

The real stories are the best

Thanks for sharing it with us
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Fuckin Brilliant...one of those wish you were there moments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 pm

great story that typical of us anything can happen to our fans :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:11 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:My mate was actually charged with murder of the bird, I still say to this day that he is the only footy fan ever to be arrested for murder of a cock a too.

Great story Richard one hell of a laugh :lol:

Your story got me thinking as I have been watching the Michael Jackson trial on Sky News and it is full of expert witnesses. I was wondering if an expert witness was called to give evidence due to the involuntary homicide of the cockatoo. If so was it Bill Oddie ;)

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:37 pm

:D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am

I think the 70s and especially the 80s was the best years to follow the City, can anyone remember the City fan that got knocked of the top of the coach while he was surfing on it. Im sure it was in London somewhere, vague memory of it.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 am

quality story :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 am

:lol:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 am

:lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:1984 brings back sour memories of Blackburn, a typical dirty northern town. It was the last season we were in the same league as them, I think. On a dirty Tuesday night, me and a few mates made the trip up and was staying in a place called Corporation Park overnight. Anyway as usual we got beat, not sure of the result but they beat us. What always sticks in my mind was the pub we were drinking in, we had a skinfull before the game and was invited back after the match. Cant recall the name of the pub but a typical run down bar that you had to wipe your feet on the way out, on the corner of the bar was a big bird cage with a cock a too in it and it would turn the air blue with its language. The 5 of us had made our way back to this pub and not in the best of moods because my mate Roddy had a can of coke lobbed at the back of his head and it exploded and ruined his precious sheepskin(I think he still has it), the pub was pretty quiet and we were playing pool most of the night and the cock a too was in high spirits squawking f**k off, bastards and repeatedly laughing. The pub was getting a bit busier and the beer was flowing and a few City songs were sung with banter from the locals, now my mate can be atad paranoid after a few pints and he was at the pool table getting battered and annoyed that everyone was watching him. I was at the bar when all I could hear was the bird laughing as my mates opponent had whitewashed him and he screamed f**k OFF at the bird and threw the white ball at it, well f**k me didnt he just hit the cage perfect as it flew off the bar and crashed to the floor killing it outright and uproar in the pub as the landlord & landlady going mental, it was one of them situations where you just didnt know what to do. Cutting it short, it was mayhem and a back to the walls fight broke out where and we took one hell of a kicking I suppose deservedly and the police came and arrested us all. My mate was actually charged with murder of the bird, I still say to this day that he is the only footy fan ever to be arrested for murder of a cock a too. It wasnt deliberate and we were all very sorry and gutted the bird had died, we were all fined £12 each except for Rod who had to fork out something like £40 for cruelty to the poor animal. Thats my memory of the shithole of Blackburn and never have been back since and hope never have too either. I f*cking hate Blackburn

did'nt he get bird for it? :roll: :roll: :old:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm

irishblue wrote:

did'nt he get bird for it? :roll: :roll: :old:

Oh dear :lol: