Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARLING CUP QTR FINAL: Cardiff v Blackburn

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:47 am

Discussion and thoughts people? Potentially the easiest tie for us?

Re: CARLING CUP QTR FINAL: Cardiff v Blackburn

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

Merlin wrote:Discussion and thoughts people? Potentially the easiest tie for us?

very happy with that draw

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 am

Arsenal Vs Man City
Chelsea Vs Liverpool
Man Utd Vs Crystal Palace
City Vs Blackburn

This is the one I wanted Craig and is the best chance to make the semis.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:50 am

Any ideas on when season ticket holders can but tickets for it?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 am

Premier League tie and a winnable one at that. Still going too be tough.

How long will they hold season ticket holders seats before general sale ?

Very happy, personally I think they will be easier to beat than if we had drawn palarce.... Away trip would have been nice tho...

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 am

Best draw we could get! Id rarther Blackburn than Palace at the minute :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 am

I'm well happy with that draw, I think it's our best chance of reaching the semi's but I do feel that David Goodwillie will just show us what we missed out on, I hope that's not the case.
Here's hoping that we get it right on the day and Blackburn's inconsistent season continues with a nightmare against us ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

great change to make the semi final hope we can get a big crowd for this game. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

Canton stand will be buzzing for this one IMO.

Carl any news on that loan? ;)

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:56 am

Very happy with that draw. Fancy us to put one over on them. They are in turmoil there at the moment and don't rate their manager at all. Let's hope he doesn't get the sack :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Good Draw lets get a big crowd in and make it an hostile atmosphere will not be easy but definitely winnable not beyond the realms of possibility that we have a trip to Wembley............. again!!!!! :D :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Think we could not ask for any easier match. perhaps Palace at home but they are the surprise package in the championship while Blackburn are struggling in the premiership. Their manager is under pressure of the sack as well.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:31 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:I'm well happy with that draw, I think it's our best chance of reaching the semi's but I do feel that David Goodwillie will just show us what we missed out on, I hope that's not the case.
Here's hoping that we get it right on the day and Blackburn's inconsistent season continues with a nightmare against us ;)

I Can see Goodwillie getting some stick if he plays,lets hope that he and his Blackburn team mates keep up their poor away form to date :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Hmmmm a shit draw that we will probably end up losing. Wanted Man u or Chelsea tbh.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Very happy with the draw :ayatollah: , i've said from the start were gonna go far in both cups this season ,
I believe we will beat blackburn,

Wembley though probably out of the question
the semi finals over 2 legs right?

we'l almost certainly end up playing liverpool, man utd or man city in a semi final

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Have to be happy with that but let's get things in context. I'm sure they were looking at us thinking it's the easiest route into the semi's, although they no doubt would have preferred a home tie. Very tough game because whilst they're not Man Ure or Chelsea, they ain't that bad.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 pm

I was looking in the Mirror earlier and their gaffer was saying they want to avoid doing a Birmingham at all costs (winning the cup and being relegated) Im hoping that they wont be putting to much importance on the QF against us, but even if they did, they are deffo beatable in a hopefully jam packed CCS.

Bring on the Semi Finals....

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Only problem is that they will probably have a new manager by then and most teams show an instant improvement initially, when they get a new manager.

Unless he can hang on and get the sack after we beat them ???

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Also, I just checked their fixtures the Saturday before us they got stoke, and the Saturday after they got Swansea, 2 games they'll be looking to win, they'll field a weak team against us im sure of it!!!

The famous Cardiff city and we're going to Wembley!

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Great draw at home against a team who in all probability will be in the championship next season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:I'm well happy with that draw, I think it's our best chance of reaching the semi's but I do feel that David Goodwillie will just show us what we missed out on, I hope that's not the case.

I Can see Goodwillie getting some stick if he plays,lets hope that he and his Blackburn team mates keep up their poor away form to date :ayatollah:

Tony, I don't see why Goodwillie should get any stick from us as it was not his fault he didn't sign for us, he wanted to come here and I know that for a fact, I just hope we don't live to regret not signing him. I agree with you that I hope Blackburn keep up their bad away form coz this could prove to be a very big pay packet for us if we reach the semi's :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Well happy with that draw.

Playing at home against a Blackbutm team that are not doing great will give us the best opportunity to progress to the semis.

Blackburns away form is not the greatest and they have just drawn 3 -3 against Norwich after being 1 -3 up.

Bring it on!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:31 pm

bob dylan wrote:great change to make the semi final hope we can get a big crowd for this game. :ayatollah:

The only way we'll fill the stadium is to sell the tickets at £10 again. Won't be a big enough team to get more than 15,000. I'd rather win the league games before and after thanks. This fixture comes I'm the middle of 3 league matches in a fortnight which are far more important. We too, as well as Blackburn, will have a weaker team out.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
bob dylan wrote:great change to make the semi final hope we can get a big crowd for this game. :ayatollah:

The only way we'll fill the stadium is to sell the tickets at £10 again. Won't be a big enough team to get more than 15,000. I'd rather win the league games before and after thanks. This fixture comes I'm the middle of 3 league matches in a fortnight which are far more important. We too, as well as Blackburn, will have a weaker team out.

oh way to kill it :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:56 pm

And we know if we win we will def be going to old trafford, the etihad, emirates, stamford bridge or anfield in january with the semis being over 2 legs, another cracking away trip guaranteed :D :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:30 pm

I think this draw is very similar to when we drew Middlesbrough in the Q/F of the FA Cup in 2008, it is a winnable game against a Premiership team who are struggling for form with a manager under pressure.

TBH I think we should throw everything into this game and make the semi-final just for the financial reward which could result in extra funding for players in the January window.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm

had a feeling we would draw blackburn more than happy with the draw i think we will turn them over like what we did to middleborugh in the fa cup happy days here again :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm

I recon we'll beat Venkys Chicken FC :ayatollah: