Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carling cup

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:49 pm

I know there's a route into Europe. As a lot of the big sides are left in and most probably get into Europe through the league. Could we possibly get into Europe if say we were in the semis.

Re: Carling cup

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Tubzo wrote:I know there's a route into Europe. As a lot of the big sides are left in and most probably get into Europe through the league. Could we possibly get into Europe if say we were in the semis.

Good question Tubzo :ayatollah: - But i think its the Final only,otherwise what about the teams in the FA Cup semi-finals.

Have the FA - NOW ALLOWED US - To play in europe if we were to win or lose in a Final :?:
Remember all the hastle we had before the Pompy cup final :roll:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Platini was prepared to set a presedent for the fa cup. He'd be a right tw*t if he renaged on future eligibility

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 am

Midfield general wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tubzo wrote:I know there's a route into Europe. As a lot of the big sides are left in and most probably get into Europe through the league. Could we possibly get into Europe if say we were in the semis.

Good question Tubzo :ayatollah: - But i think its the Final only,otherwise what about the teams in the FA Cup semi-finals.

Have the FA - NOW ALLOWED US - To play in europe if we were to win or lose in a Final :?:
Remember all the hastle we had before the Pompy cup final :roll:

The ruling would never stand-up in court hense why the FA have now reversed their decision on the whole thing.

Cheers Adam ( MG ) :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 am

Correct me if i'm wrong, as the Carling Cup is a Football League competition it is up to the Football League, not the FA, to decide who gets entered into the Europa League. Can anyone confirm this?