Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES IN FRAME FOR LEICESTER CITY JOB

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Billy Davies, Dave Jones and Ian Dowie are all eager to follow Sven-Goran Eriksson as the next Leicester City boss, BBC Radio Leicester understands.

Former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones and ex-Charlton Athletic and QPR boss Dowie have both applied.

And Davies, who was in charge of Leicester's fierce rivals Derby County and Nottingham Forest, is also keen.

Huddersfield manager Lee Clark, who earlier this week distanced himself from the job, is also in the running.

Foxes legend Martin O'Neill was one of the early favourites for the role following Eriksson's shock exit on Monday.

But the club's Thai owners have said they are no rush to appoint their new man.

Re: DAVE JONES IN FRAME FOR LEICESTER CITY JOB

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 pm

He'll never get it

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets get serious guys. He will never get a serious managers jobs around here again.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 pm

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

If Lee Clark gets the job...Wonder what will happen to Jordan Rhodes ;)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/leicester-specials/next-permanent-manager

You and jordan rhodes,it will kill you if he goes to anybody other than us ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

in the frame for Leicester city

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hes got a chance fair play.......''f**k ALL chance''

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets get serious guys. He will never get a serious managers jobs around here again.

if thats the case why was he linked with west ham, blackburn etc when managed us? people forget he did alot for this club and i for one wish him well!! good luck davey jones!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:27 pm

if thats the case why was he linked with west ham, blackburn etc when managed us? people forget he did alot for this club and i for one wish him well!! good luck davey jones!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm

citybluechris wrote:

Linked! yeah sure he was.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 pm

Fans forget easily after a bad run. Davey Jones did a mass of good work for us under lots of restraints and situations. Under his tenure he managed us well many times with his hands tied behind his back.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Le ... 22848.html

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:38 am

Give him the job then you know Leicester will never get past the play offs at best

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 am

how would the fans there take him?
I have heard sick chants at jonesy, from what i can recall Leicester was by far the loudest and most common.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:17 am

milly44 wrote:how would the fans there take him?
I have heard sick chants at jonesy, from what i can recall Leicester was by far the loudest and most common.

Thought Forest were the worse.

All the fans of the clubs around here don't want him and if the truth be known the real reason for it is they dont us Cardiff fans getting our own back if you know what I mean.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

All the fans of the clubs around here don't want him and if the truth be known the real reason for it is they dont us Cardiff fans getting our own back if you know what I mean.

Id punch any City fan sat by me singing noncey stuff at Jones. Not only is it a despicable lie
but it would make us look the biggest hypocrites in football.

And I cant f*cking stick Dave Jones

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:31 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/leicester-specials/next-permanent-manager

Pretty obvious, Jordan Rhodes will then sign for Leicester in January :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:34 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Id punch any City fan sat by me singing noncey stuff at Jones. Not only is it a despicable lie
but it would make us look the biggest hypocrites in football.

And I cant f*cking stick Dave Jones

Not disagreeing with you TA but dont be surprised if it happens. I heard a number of us called Jones a peado when things were not going right last season. I could not quite believe what I was hearing and it took a while to sink in.

It is perhaps one of the reasons I dont want him to get another managers job where he could end up against us.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Why would Leicester even consider Jones or DOWIE :lol:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:00 am

ihatealiens wrote:

Pretty obvious, Jordan Rhodes will then sign for Leicester in January :lol:

I Will wait and see if Lee Clark gets the job....Then he will go and get Jordan Rhodes for £5M ( THAT'S HIS VALUE ) ;)