Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR have failed to score with a header this season

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Quite a shocking stat this, but it doesn't really surprise me with Bothroyd up front for them. :lol:

Re: QPR have failed to score with a header this season

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Quite a shocking stat this, but it doesn't really surprise me with Bothroyd up front for them. :lol:

Dont expect it to change. He is going to be on the bench for the forseable future.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 pm

does bothroyd start? :roll:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 pm

ninianblue wrote:does bothroyd start? :roll:

Not anymore, he's started so poorly that they've benched him already! I honestly think Rudy will eventually become a better player than Bothroyd from the little I've seen of Rudy so far. No need to :roll: me either, the stat interested me, nearly November and not one headed goal scored. :o

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Bothroyd is hardly a target man type striker. Quality player tho

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Quite a shocking stat this, but it doesn't really surprise me with Bothroyd up front for them. :lol:

Another shocking stat is when was the last time we scored from a corner..?

didnt gestede score from a corner at home a few games ago or was it a cross or free kick?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:31 am

Midfield general wrote:

Another shocking stat is when was the last time we scored from a corner..?

My nipper and another boy who sits by us, joke about this every game.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Tonteg , interesting stat, but you really should get out more :old:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Tonteg has had a bit of a 'mare here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Bothroyd scored a header yesterday :lol:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:47 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm going to use Tonteg's methods and say that no Cardiff City player has scored a hat-trick in a Carling Cup quarter final so far this season! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Cardiff made Bothroyd and leaving Cardiff he has finished himself. I honestly can't see him playing much football for the next few seasons.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Kanester wrote:Cardiff made Bothroyd and leaving Cardiff he has finished himself. I honestly can't see him playing much football for the next few seasons.

Come on be fair he was as good for us as we was for him.

99.99% of championship players would go to the Premiership if they had the chance.

He played well when he come on yesterday and should be back in the starting line-up next week.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:16 pm

the difference between us and Qpr "bothroyd" is we gave him time.

in the premiership, you miss a chance, you lose your place in the starting 11.

championship you miss 10 chances your there next game starting again

bothroyd is too quick to forget just how good he had it at cardiff. and i for 1 hope his career is ruined

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:13 pm

bluebird04 wrote:the difference between us and Qpr "bothroyd" is we gave him time.

in the premiership, you miss a chance, you lose your place in the starting 11.

championship you miss 10 chances your there next game starting again

bothroyd is too quick to forget just how good he had it at cardiff. and i for 1 hope his career is ruined

And your too quick to forget he was nearly always one of our best players every game.

"we gave him time" ffs :lol:

he was in the team because he was one of, if not the, best players at the club. simple.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:10 pm

yeaa he might of been one of the best players but after his england call up, can you remember any "half arsed performances" i cant, he was only in our team because at the time we had no-1 else in the end execpt jon parkin, however parkin us absolutle "wa*k" .....

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 pm

bluebird04 wrote:yeaa he might of been one of the best players but after his england call up, can you remember any "half arsed performances" i cant, he was only in our team because at the time we had no-1 else in the end execpt jon parkin, however parkin us absolutle "wa*k" .....

Another bollocks MYTH that he never tried after his England cap. He won that cap in November and played well plenty of times after that.

He lost a bit of form when he was coming back from injury, what player doesnt. :roll:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:27 pm

October 19th....coventry away....bothroyd said that he was constantly stamped on, and his book where filled with blood at one point. he didnt go down, he stayed on his feet, worked for the ball and then scored the winner

England Cap

afterwards = thought that because he had a cap he didnt have to give 100%....yes he scored a few, but started to go down over nothing, wasnt running like usuall...........bothroyd after his cap stopped putting in the full effort, also during one of calls "updates" he said that when asked, if the squad would welcome bothroyd back, they where not too happy about it because of his ego

bothroyd thought he was bigger than the club, and as a result hes stuck on the bench for QPR, and with QPR looking for a natural goal scorer in january, bothroyd wont be at the club for long and fingers crossed his career will be ruined

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:10 pm

:ayatollah:

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm

bluebird04 wrote:October 19th....coventry away....bothroyd said that he was constantly stamped on, and his book where filled with blood at one point. he didnt go down, he stayed on his feet, worked for the ball and then scored the winner

England Cap

afterwards = thought that because he had a cap he didnt have to give 100%....yes he scored a few, but started to go down over nothing, wasnt running like usuall...........bothroyd after his cap stopped putting in the full effort, also during one of calls "updates" he said that when asked, if the squad would welcome bothroyd back, they where not too happy about it because of his ego

bothroyd thought he was bigger than the club, and as a result hes stuck on the bench for QPR, and with QPR looking for a natural goal scorer in january, bothroyd wont be at the club for long and fingers crossed his career will be ruined

Footballer with an ego shocker :lol: :lol: :lol:

And since when have Carls updates been 100% factual. :lol: :lol: :lol:

His contract at QPR will be worth more than you earn in your whole life so I dont suppose he will be too upset about your bitter wishes. :roll:

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Bothroyd scored a header against Tottenham ;)

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Dear oh fuckin dear :lol:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:23 am

I should of had a hatrick today ;)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:49 am

jaybothroyd wrote:I should of had a hatrick today ;)

Well played jay. thought you gave lescott a torrid time.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:23 am

polo wrote:

Dear me! :lol:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Merlin wrote:
polo wrote:

Dear me! :lol:

:D

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

only seen the highlights but a great headed goal and massively unlucky not to get a second headed goal

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

only seen the highlights but a great headed goal and massively unlucky not to get a second headed goal

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:45 am

As soon as you post, Bothroyd scores 2 headers and could've scored 2 more. :D

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:02 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 27933.html