Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

no loan signings this week then

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am

i predict we will have loaniea in after the coca cola cup final and before december the 1st then :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Re: no loan signings this week then

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 pm

cant see it :roll:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 pm

DEANO wrote:i predict we will have loaniea in after the coca cola cup final and before december the 1st then :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: good joke if we was going to get a bigger squad it would have happened before the season kicked off and it said it all when the loan window opened weeks ago still no1 in we are skintos :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:49 pm

I think bluebird1977 may be right.
I think psychologically we could lose out to the teams around us. Physically we have a small squad and it also affects the fans.
Brighton have just got harper and smith from NUFC to push on. most of the others around us have either full squads or have added loans.
I'm not criticising the lack of loans in. I'm just disappointed that we haven't kicked on.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:51 pm

eddiep wrote:I think bluebird1977 may be right.
I think psychologically we could lose out to the teams around us. Physically we have a small squad and it also affects the fans.
Brighton have just got harper and smith from NUFC to push on. most of the others around us have either full squads or have added loans.
I'm not criticising the lack of loans in. I'm just disappointed that we haven't kicked on.

Is Smith to Brighton confirmed? If it is they're welcome to him - 3/4 years too late in my opinion to be a good move.

They also have Billy Paynter from Leeds.

Watford have Nyron Nosworthy from Sunderland, and a lot of the other loan deals dribbling through are equally unimpressive.

I'm happy for now that Joe Mason has been given his chance (and Rudy, and Joe Ralls) to show what they've got in the first team - rather than bring in someone else's rejects to take their place. I think Malky has got it right - recognising that the squad is too thin to take us through the full season, but no need for panic deals. Just keep looking for the Premiership loans that may free up in the next few weeks and only bring in players guaranteed to be at least on the bench if not starting 11.