Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I just watched Dale Farm: The Big Eviction on BBC1

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

No, still not feeling the love. I noticed a lot of Irish accents on the women travellers (the men didn't want to be on camera - no surprise there), so I was thinking that they could go and live in Ireland. No, hang on, they're hated there, too!

Life's a bitch.

Re: I just watched Dale Farm: The Big Eviction on BBC1

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 pm

No sympathy, they were offered houses ffs and given enough warning to leave...

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:No, still not feeling the love. I noticed a lot of Irish accents on the women travellers (the men didn't want to be on camera - no surprise there), so I was thinking that they could go and live in Ireland. No, hang on, they're hated there, too!

Life's a bitch.

It is a lifestyle that i cant understand. Would love to know how many were on benefits etc particularly looking at some of the motors they have parked up (Mercs, Lexus etc).

I have no sympathy for them and feel desperately sorry for those who have to live near their sites (many of which are in a disgusting state)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Believe it or not, they hate 'the Irish' and look down there noses at them as if being a tinker is some kind of Godly vocation

Only time I felt sorry for them was seeing they had a jack russell, but they probably treat it like shit :twisted:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:No, still not feeling the love. I noticed a lot of Irish accents on the women travellers (the men didn't want to be on camera - no surprise there), so I was thinking that they could go and live in Ireland. No, hang on, they're hated there, too!

Life's a bitch.

It is a lifestyle that i cant understand. Would love to know how many were on benefits etc particularly looking at some of the motors they have parked up (Mercs, Lexus etc).

I have no sympathy for them and feel desperately sorry for those who have to live near their sites (many of which are in a disgusting state)

I felt really sorry for that bloke, Len, whose garden backs on to the illegal site. He looks like he's been under a tremendous amount of strain. He's had death threats and all sorts of hassle, plus his house has been devalued massively.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Life's a bitch.

I felt really sorry for that bloke, Len, whose garden backs on to the illegal site. He looks like he's been under a tremendous amount of strain. He's had death threats and all sorts of hassle, plus his house has been devalued massively.

I felt for him too. Not sure about buying a tank for the back garden.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Yep Len was the only guy I felt sorry for in that episode. Imagine having that lot of fucks moving in next door. I bet his life was hell. Those activists get right on my f*cking tits as well.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Yep Len was the only guy I felt sorry for in that episode. Imagine having that lot of fucks moving in next door. I bet his life was hell. Those activists get right on my f*cking tits as well.

Those activists would feel different if it was next door to their own houses.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm

More do gooders sticking their noses into things that don't affect them

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

they piss me off.......

in newbridge nr blackwood we have statley albion caravan factory and the fuckers come down and order ridiculous size vans , some have two floors with spiral stairs in the middle at costs of over 50k... plus they pay cash.... some of the lads work there say they turn up in their x5's and range rovers place the order and come back in due course to pick up...

where the f**k do you get that sort of cash from without stealing etc...

surely peg selling dosnt bring in those sort of sums??

:angry5: :angryfire:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Life's a bitch.

I felt for him too. Not sure about buying a tank for the back garden.

:lol:

I think I might have considered it, myself!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:they piss me off.......

in newbridge nr blackwood we have statley albion caravan factory and the fuckers come down and order ridiculous size vans , some have two floors with spiral stairs in the middle at costs of over 50k... plus they pay cash.... some of the lads work there say they turn up in their x5's and range rovers place the order and come back in due course to pick up...

In Ireland they do that, except they don't f*cking pay in the end!

They can't complain to the police because the gyppos will 'do them'

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Yep Len was the only guy I felt sorry for in that episode. Imagine having that lot of fucks moving in next door. I bet his life was hell. Those activists get right on my f*cking tits as well.

Those activists would feel different if it was next door to their own houses.

Damn right. Especially as they all still live with Mummy and Daddy.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 pm

they do actually work and they work hard
just because they look like there on benefits doesnt mean they are
like every society there are some richer than others
but if thats the life they want to lead good for them i have alot of respect for the gypsy community
with dale farm they bought the land but didnt get planning permission to live and build there
thats where the eviction had my support, if i built a house illegally i doubt i would have loads of protesters turning up defending my house
but in defence of the gypsies the land they bought was a scrap yard at the time used by basildon council
so basildon council ignored green land rules to benefit themselves
and as soon as they found a camp site as an inconvenience they reinforced the law and implemented it

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:11 pm

due to the eviction at Dale Farm the traveller's have been offered an alternative site next to the Liberty stadium. Furious at the thought of dirty, theiving,inbred, semi literate, cheating animals living right on their doorstep, the travellers have turned it down!!!!!!!!! :o :o :shock:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Here's Johnny WTF?! Yeah I bet they work hard on those bodged up drives then rip old grannies off with. Plus they probably paid those people who were at total rock bottom well when they kept as slaves on that camp site. I know you said good gypsy communities but there isn't that many. Would you like them next to you?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Here's Johnny WTF?! Yeah I bet they work hard on those bodged up drives then rip old grannies off with. Plus they probably paid those people who were at total rock bottom well when they kept as slaves on that camp site. I know you said good gypsy communities but there isn't that many. Would you like them next to you?

Well said. I grew up in full view of the scumbags in Ireland, if only people knew everything they get upto.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

......become a polotician or a banker.

If all else fails put your order in for a stately albion, turn up in the hiace, hitch it up and feck off without paying.
if you're cute enough the police wont be able to do anything because you can claim it's a civil dispute. (It has been done!)

The hit the highway boyy....arghhhh da shmell of shmoke :D

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Here's Johnny WTF?! Yeah I bet they work hard on those bodged up drives then rip old grannies off with. Plus they probably paid those people who were at total rock bottom well when they kept as slaves on that camp site. I know you said good gypsy communities but there isn't that many. Would you like them next to you?

Well said. I grew up in full view of the scumbags in Ireland, if only people knew everything they get upto.

agree...

i would say that most people work damn hard.... but we dont seem to have a disposable cash amount of 50k hanging around...

oh yeah, cause we pay taxes and national insurance etc....

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 pm

I knew I could shmell shmoke on ya posts!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

agree...

i would say that most people work damn hard.... but we dont seem to have a disposable cash amount of 50k hanging around...

oh yeah, cause we pay taxes and national insurance etc....

Well more the fool us....time for change :old:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

......become a polotician or a banker.

If all else fails put your order in for a stately albion, turn up in the hiace, hitch it up and feck off without paying.
if you're cute enough the police wont be able to do anything because you can claim it's a civil dispute. (It has been done!)

The hit the highway boyy....arghhhh da shmell of shmoke :D

:lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 pm

hey im not saying they are all perfect
like every society there is a criminal element
but whats the difference between a gypsy con-artist and a normal con-artist
and i attended school with many gypsies and some are still good friends to this day
as regards to living next to them if they started making my life difficult i would use the law to protect myself as is my right
but if they live on a site legally and adhere to the laws in this country there is nothing to complain about
The people you describing are the criminal element and they are just as hated in the gypsy community as they are in ours.
Im not defending the gypsies on dale farm because they were living illegally and should be removed they played the legal system and they lost.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:32 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

and i attended school with many gypsies and some are still good friends to this day
as regards to living next to them if they started making my life difficult i would use the law to protect myself as is my right
but if they live on a site legally and adhere to the laws in this country there is nothing to complain about
The people you describing are the criminal element and they are just as hated in the gypsy community as they are in ours.
Im not defending the gypsies on dale farm because they were living illegally and should be removed they played the legal system and they lost.

All said and done you're a complete fool if you trust a traveller

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

I knew I could shmell shmoke on ya posts!

Nooooo I'[m not one :P

However, the biggest gyppo family in Ireland lived down the road from me. Most of them were claiming social welfare in about 17 different counties.

Infact, them and their infighting led to the estate where I lived becoming a quasi Compton. 5 people shot dead I believe

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

do you only read the bits you want to read
i havent stated that every gypsy is perfect
i havent stated they deserve to be above the law
maybe you shouldnt trust SOME gypsies, as ive stated before there is a criminal element in their society and you need to be aware of
but there is also a criminal element in our society which i wouldnt trust either
if all gypsies are untrustworthy why wasnt all of dale farm evicted

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Life's a bitch.

Russell Howard made me laugh with a joke about Dale farm there was a woman holding a crucifix and her name was minty chalice so Russell Said that sounds like something borris jhonsen calls a vigina ;)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

I can't stand pikeys, scum of the earth. They were offered an alternative place to live but it didn't suit them as it was bricks and mortar. It's nobody elses fault but their own if they've turned it down but they'd rather make other people's lives hell where they are, especially that fella living at the back of them and the villagers who have to put up with them. Whenever they turn up sopmewhere and set up camp (usually school playing fields, public parks, etc), they leave rubbish there and generally cost the council lots of money to clean up after them. And these 'activists' will turn up anywhere there's a chance of having a tear up with police and sticking 2 fingers up at normal society and its values.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:29 am

It's all very Daily Mail on here today isn't it.

The only problem with that site is that it's in Essex. If it was on top of Caerphilly mountain or some field around here then no one would get a shit. It certainly wouldn't have had millions spent trying to shift them if it wasn't Essex and that's a fact. Another fact - the only reason the site is "illegal" is because the posh sods in the Essex planning dept decided not to give permission. I have no doubt that if it had been some housing developer then their planning applications would have been treated differently. Most of these house builders live on retrospective planning permission, but that's okay if you bung the right council bloke the right amount.

I'm not sticking up for these gypsy's but that's all they are going to acheive is to shift them from there and move them on to someone else. What I would love to see is their caravans parked up on the front lawns of the Essex planning commitee members. Now that would be funny and that would no doubt carry heavilly on the news. If though they parked up on your lawn though then it wouldn't even make the Echo.

Fact is these people have to live somewhere, unless of course we take an Hitler stance and cleanse them out. Perhaps the Daily Mail readers here would like to set up a camp somewhere with a one way train going in to it. Gas them and get the next lot in.

It's not that I'm against cleansing society but I would start with lots of other people first. We have much bigger fish to fry and lots of other places to spend millions upon millions dealing with. They could start with a few Chav family's that live by me. I'd willingly round up their scumbag kids, single mothers and their "this week's father". Perhaps then the normal people could live a normal life without these ASBO fcukers running riot around the streets most nights. Yes, lets start with the chav hoodie family's. As we've recently seen with the street riots, they are a much bigger problem than a bunch of gypsy's in posh Essex.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

do you only read the bits you want to read
i havent stated that every gypsy is perfect
i havent stated they deserve to be above the law
maybe you shouldnt trust SOME gypsies, as ive stated before there is a criminal element in their society and you need to be aware of
but there is also a criminal element in our society which i wouldnt trust either
if all gypsies are untrustworthy why wasnt all of dale farm evicted

Johnny, through a lot of experience with them, my mind is made up on this one and it's not for changing.

As much as I admire alternative lifetyles and people who do things their own way, It's in their culture to make as much money as they can from the "settled folk".

Putting a top coat of tarmac over grass and calling it a driveway is a criminal offence.