Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Specials

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Anyone on here off too see them tomorrow?

Re: The Specials

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Anyone on here off too see them tomorrow?

im going :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Have they sold out?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Seen them 30 years ago.

I think it would be like riding some bird today that you rode when you were both teenagers.

It just wouldn't be as good and that's the reason I don't want to see the Stone Roses again, who were shite live anyway.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Seen them 30 years ago.

I think it would be like riding some bird today that you rode when you were both teenagers.

It just wouldn't be as good and that's the reason I don't want to see the Stone Roses again, who were shite live anyway.

Some people didn't see them 30 years ago, I also doubt you saw the stone roses 30 years ago, considering they weren't formed until 1983

Let those who want to go have their fun and don't be so miserable

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Roger Muller wrote:Have they sold out?

no

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:50 pm

krab wrote:

no

Any cheap tickets going? Going to see the Arctic Monkeys next tuesday so don't fancy paying full price

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Roger Muller wrote:
krab wrote:

no

Any cheap tickets going? Going to see the Arctic Monkeys next tuesday so don't fancy paying full price

no

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Roger Muller wrote:

Some people didn't see them 30 years ago, I also doubt you saw the stone roses 30 years ago, considering they weren't formed until 1983

You need to learn to read properly.
Identifying words is quite easy but the real skill of reading is being able link the words togetherto understand each sentence.

It's called comprehension.

So, take on board what I've just told you, read the post again and point out exactly where it says I seen the Stone Roses thirty years ago!

Even if I did say them in 1983, which i didn't, that's the best part of thirty years anyway?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeh can't fuking wait!! Suprised it hasn't sold out

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

mblue wrote:Yeh can't fuking wait!! Suprised it hasn't sold out

its being advertised on nation radio,so i am guessing its not sold out :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Went a couple of years ago after the Forest game on the sunday, Superb that night.
Very surprised they haven't sold out this time.

To all who are going you'll have a great time :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:03 pm

http://www.livenation.co.uk/cardiff :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Went a couple of years ago after the Forest game on the sunday, Superb that night.
Very surprised they haven't sold out this time.

To all who are going you'll have a great time :ayatollah:

:old: Indeed it was

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Anyone on here off too see them tomorrow?

I'll be there, Saw them nearly 30 years ago and can't wait to see them again Friday.
Clobber sorted.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Roger Muller wrote:

You need to learn to read properly.
Identifying words is quite easy but the real skill of reading is being able link the words togetherto understand each sentence.

A lecture on how to read properly? I stopped reading when I came to the bit in bold

Hope this helps

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:10 pm

i seen them 30 years ago too, and i seen them live in Coventry on a hone coming gig, but i must agree with johnny

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:51 pm

I'll be there, good excuse to bounce around and lose a few pounds in weight.

If anyone is interested i've got a spare going for £25 (cost me £35). Drop me a pm

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I didn't see The Specials back in the day. I just missed out on some tickets for Sophia Gardens in 1980 - by the time my sister got to town, they'd sold out & I didn't see them anywhere else then.

When they played the CIA in November 2009, I felt like you did and wasn't going to go, but some mates persuaded me otherwise.

I'm really glad I went, because I not only saw one of my favourite bands of all time, but they were absolutely superb. Their energy, the atmosphere in the place, everything about the night was great (almost, apart from the pisstaking with the beer prices).

I'm not going this time, though, because I don't think they can better that.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm going tomorrow and my first time seeing them. Obviously in the standing area....can't sit down and watch specials!! tho there's not going to be many sitting down unless the CCSC stewards are there. Do you know who is supporting them?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:24 am

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:I'm going tomorrow and my first time seeing them. Obviously in the standing area....can't sit down and watch specials!! tho there's not going to be many sitting down unless the CCSC stewards are there. Do you know who is supporting them?

''The Stone Foundation'' some unsigned band :?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

I am going...

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 am

ccfc-louis wrote:
Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:I'm going tomorrow and my first time seeing them. Obviously in the standing area....can't sit down and watch specials!! tho there's not going to be many sitting down unless the CCSC stewards are there. Do you know who is supporting them?

''The Stone Foundation'' some unsigned band :?

Stone foundation are quite a good band, worth a listen...

i am off anyway, went in 2009 it was a brilliant night

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 am

couldn't agree more,saw them supporting the Clash,they were piss-poor that night,then a year or so later on the 2 tone tour top rank nov 79,that was a great night,i'd rather keeep the memories...

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:37 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:

couldn't agree more,saw them supporting the Clash,they were piss-poor that night,then a year or so later on the 2 tone tour top rank nov 79,that was a great night,i'd rather keeep the memories...

i was at the 2 tone tour, the selecta, and i am not sure if the beat were there

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:24 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:

Their reputation goes before them,I think they only had one decent song and their sound doesn't have a ska feel to it.

Madness and UB40 were leagues better and the specials just couldn't keep up.

They just never seemed to have a natural link with the audience where most other bands of that era did.

The bands' coaches got robbed that night as well and cardiff lads were the dandiest looking skin/rudeboy/mods around in their top of the range two tone suits :D

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:56 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Madness were the other band on the 2 tone tour...

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Plus that all girl band...can't remember their name

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:27 am

All girl band was The Bodysnatcher Do rock steady

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:34 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Plus that all girl band...can't remember their name

The Bodysnatchers. Some of them became part of a girl band years later, but can't remember their name.