Re: ron healey

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:so he was good at hide and seek then

go and get your coat terrible :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:19 pm

sleepers wrote:who rem ron healey the goalie one of my fav
he also discovered andy dibble

i was out in servette when he saved a penalty that put us through on the away goals rule. ron and bill irwin were my favourite keepers

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm

He was problem is the only song we could come up with was " Ronnnnnnnnnnn Healeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy " lol

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Not sure he discover dibble.ands old man eas a keeper for panteg alan dibble.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:38 pm

steve davies wrote:
sleepers wrote:who rem ron healey the goalie one of my fav
he also discovered andy dibble

i was out in servette when he saved a penalty that put us through on the away goals rule. ron and bill irwin were my favourite keepers

Ron Healey and Bill Irwin these were the 1st 2 keepers i saw when going down to the City :ayatollah: - Happy Days :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 pm

stickywicket wrote:Not sure he discover dibble.ands old man eas a keeper for panteg alan dibble.

sori mate but he did wen dibble waS 12 years old

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:05 pm

fred davies in goal for my first game

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 pm

great keeper unfotunately for him he's best remembered getting chipped by Kevin Keegan, England v rep of Ireland. Jim Eadie first keeper for me

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

I remember him saving a few penalties most notably at Swansea and Sunderland but he was also prone to the odd error. I heard when he stopped playing he completely lost interest in the game.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Blue'76' wrote:I remember him saving a few penalties most notably at Swansea and Sunderland but he was also prone to the odd error. I heard when he stopped playing he completely lost interest in the game.

Sunderland was mad, I seem to remember betting my mate he would save it. Saw Ron in a pub on Cowbridge Rd a few times, was it the Maltings

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Blue'76' wrote:I remember him saving a few penalties most notably at Swansea and Sunderland but he was also prone to the odd error. I heard when he stopped playing he completely lost interest in the game.

just read up on him mate him an his son run a goalkeeping course now

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:53 pm

sleepers wrote:

I stand corrected !

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Blue'76' wrote:
sleepers wrote:

I stand corrected !

only want to let u know blue all the best :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am

Ron Healy took over from Bill Irwin he was a top keeper

I remember he used to have a Republic of Ireland badge on his shirt to go with his City one

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm

City ledgend.
My first keeper

We,ve had a few ledgend keepers since then (and some shite!)
Can't remember half of em - only dibble, hallworth, alexander come to mind -im racking my brain -graham someone???
I'm sure there a 3 or more decent keepers since Healey ????

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Did Irwin replace Eddie?