Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just been made redundant!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Moved to London for this job and just been made redundant with 4 weeks notice unless I relocate to a town in Leicestershire.
No feckin thanks.
:evil:

Re: Just been made redundant!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 pm

what do you want? a job? lol :lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:53 pm

I got made redundant and had two days notice.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:40 pm

McClane wrote:what do you want? a job? lol :lol:

Not from you no. Just venting my frustration.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:40 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:I got made redundant and had two days notice.

Ah shit that's even worse, sorry to hear.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Can only assume its never happened to you?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Its a horrible feeling, I had 4 weeks notice, they kindly didnt make us work them to look for other jobs.
Hopefully you will find something soon :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 pm

redundancy is not funny, i've seen grown men crying when it's happened. Probably the biggest kick in the teeth you can get.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Ford Engine plant in Bridgend are about to recruit line workers, keep an eye in the job centre next week
Excellent job

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

redundancy is not funny, i've seen grown men crying when it's happened. Probably the biggest kick in the teeth you can get.

Agree Craig it happened to me many years ago I kinda felt like I had let my family down. There was nothing I could do about it but it doesnt hide the feeling you have at that time. Idiotic comment from Mclane. :roll:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Clash wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Agree Craig it happened to me many years ago I kinda felt like I had let my family down. There was nothing I could do about it but it doesnt hide the feeling you have at that time. Idiotic comment from Mclane. :roll:

don't worry he's probably only 11 and he just finished his tea so mammy has let him back on the computer now :D

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Clash wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

don't worry he's probably only 11 and he just finished his tea so mammy has let him back on the computer now :D

I got laid off 2 days after we buried my misses mum and 6 weeks into her pregnancy. it was a nightmare time for us.
Out of the blue too.
I let my misses down when she needed me.
My confidence was shattered and there was nothing around for my skill set, so I started my own business.

I have many downs with the ups and am in a much better place than then, 3 years ago. But even now i think about it makes me shudder.
We had f**k all, no money coming in, mortgage to pay first child and a death to deal with -

Try and turn this around mate.
The only one you can rely on is yourself brother

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm

eddiep wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Clash wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

I got laid off 2 days after we buried my misses mum and 6 weeks into her pregnancy. it was a nightmare time for us.
Out of the blue too.
My confidence was shattered and there was nothing around for my skill set, so I started my own business.

I have many downs with the ups and am in a much better place than then, 3 years ago. But even now i think about it makes me shudder.
We had f**k all, no money coming in, mortgage to pay first child and a death to deal with -

That's the truth :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:54 pm

I got made redundant twice in a 3 year period with 2 different jobs. I was lucky that I didn't have any massive committments, but it still made me feel like shite.

It does make you stronger though mate :)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:12 pm

All the best in finding work in the future :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Roger Muller wrote:All the best in finding work in the future :ayatollah:

agreed :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

milly44 wrote:
Roger Muller wrote:All the best in finding work in the future :ayatollah:

agreed :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: Nothing worse than not earning.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Got made redundant from the old Revlon cosmetics factory in Maesteg which had been there for over 40 years we had 2 days notice I should of had £22K company redundancy money didnt get a penny because they went bust, I was out of work for 18 months and also I was in the middle of building my own 5 bedroom house which I had to get rid of, know how you feel life is Shit on times. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

The company I worked for went bust last may the 11th - My dad Died on the 12th May

I thought the world has got it in for me BUT 18 months on things are good - I miss my dad loads but on the job front its going well

What I'm trying to say is ..Chin up something will come up

All the best mate - Hope everything turns out well

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Child.

Hard luck mate. Good luck.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:34 pm

My wife died earlier this year and I was made redundant still looking for work, so know how you are feeling the love of my 2 daughters has kept me going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Keep positive mate work will come :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 pm

I've been laid off a few times, got a better job every time so far, says me out of work at the moment. Treat it like a crossroads and remember you did nothing wrong and it WILL all turn out ok in the end.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Chin up, something will turn up, best wishes mate.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm being made redundant as of mid December, but we've had plenty of notice in fairness - not that it makes the situation any better, because they've made a bad decision, in my opinion.

This will be the 3rd time I've been made redundant in my working life - I'll have to change my user name to Lucky!

Don't be too down, mate, look at all the positives in your life (Cardiff City being one!) and think of all the attributes you have that you can offer prospective new employers. You'll be surprised once you start writing it all down, I bet!

Some of my colleagues are feeling really negative about it all and it's difficult to pick them up at times, but I'm just thinking about the future for now and all the exciting things that lie ahead. If I'm still out of a job by next summer, it's either because I haven't tried hard enough, or I've won the lottery!

Seriously, good luck and let us know about the new job when (yes, when) you get it.

:ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Sorry about the news mate. Always a bummer to hear. Good luck finding a new job, keep your head up.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:Moved to London for this job and just been made redundant with 4 weeks notice unless I relocate to a town in Leicestershire.
No feckin thanks.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope things work out and u find something !!!
Some companies don't give two shits about anyone, or people's lives!!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:39 am

eddiep wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Clash wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Out of the blue too.

That sounds awful and puts my worries into perspective as I have no dependents, glad you were able to turn everything around.

Thanks everyone for the messages, I've taken a lot of it on board, CCFC one big family :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:46 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:Moved to London for this job and just been made redundant with 4 weeks notice unless I relocate to a town in Leicestershire.
No feckin thanks.

Which part of Leicestershire? I lived there for 4 years and it's a cracking area.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 am

maccydee wrote:
No feckin thanks.

Which part of Leicestershire? I lived there for 4 years and it's a cracking area.

The office is in a town called Hinckley.
I've thought about it as the girl I was / am still sort of seeing has moved up there as is originally from there, but my life has got a bit complicated as I've got to be in London in March for a 4 week trial. Think I just need to find some temp work over Christmas in London or start doing some of my own work which I've been half planning for a long time. I need to take it as a opportunity. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
No feckin thanks.

The office is in a town called Hinckley.
I've thought about it as the girl I was / am still sort of seeing has moved up there as is originally from there, but my life has got a bit complicated as I've got to be in London in March for a 4 week trial. Think I just need to find some temp work over Christmas in London or start doing some of my own work which I've been half planning for a long time. I need to take it as a opportunity. :ayatollah:

I'd do it mate. Get up there. It's a really nice place. Some great houses, great areas. Leicester itself is a good city although very multi cultural. That can be a good or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint. I enjoyed my 4 years up there. Nice to have a vibrant city nearby but also be able to walk to a traditional English pub where you can take your dog, have a nice scoff and sit by an open log fire.

Good luck with whatever you do.

:ayatollah: