Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS TURNER THE WEEK LINK?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:29 am

Im not saying he is, i think he's a tidy player but ..

We conceded 7 goals in 2 games with him at the back, then on tuesday Hudson and Gerrard kept a clean sheet

I know that Burnley were poor going forward and MH and AG had nothing to do. But do you think Turners lack of games are effecting us?

Whatcha recon? :ayatollah:

Re: IS TURNER THE WEEK LINK?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:31 am

Hudson! :) :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 am

glammy74 wrote:Im not saying he is, i think he's a tidy player but ..

We conceded 7 goals in 2 games with him at the back, then on tuesday Hudson and Gerrard kept a clean sheet

I know that Burnley were poor going forward and MH and AG had nothing to do. But do you think Turners lack of games are effecting us?

not at all.

i thought he has been near excellent and both CB's have been solid the last two league games. most of the goals came late when the midfield switched off and stopped working.

i hate how some people think that goals conceded are the CB's fault when really we should be defending from our strikers.

most of our goals we allowed long shots, crosses and unneccessary pressure from the midfield !

turner and hudson will be our CB's for this season now

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:34 am

jezzy666 wrote:

not at all.

i thought he has been near excellent and both CB's have been solid the last two league games. most of the goals came late when the midfield switched off and stopped working.

i hate how some people think that goals conceded are the CB's fault when really we should be defending from our strikers.

most of our goals we allowed long shots, crosses and unneccessary pressure from the midfield !

Good post

I didnt say turner was.. i was just creating a discussion thats all :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:36 am

i know, sorry i see it sounded a bit blunt.

its a good discussion but i do see the midfield got lazy also all those goals bar one came when mcphail went off which is odd but he was playing superb !!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:36 am

jezzy666 wrote:

not at all.

Hudson is the captain and he defends too deep! He needs to push the back line up, but not as far as he did for Peterborough's winning goal, when he shouldn't have tried to play offside!

He tried to play offside twice against Burnley as well, and we got caught out twice, fortunately neither incident cost us a goal!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62183&p=585034&hilit=pairing#p585034 :) :D :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 am

to be fair to hudson the one time he was miles offside and the flag should of gone up.

the other time the man got in behind gerrard who switched off and it was hudson who bust a gut to get back and make the tackle for the corner.

honestly this hudson abuse is rediculous and just everyone jumping on the bangwagon

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:58 am

jezzy666 wrote:to be fair to hudson the one time he was miles offside and the flag should of gone up.

the other time the man got in behind gerrard who switched off and it was hudson who bust a gut to get back and make the tackle for the corner.

honestly this hudson abuse is rediculous and just everyone jumping on the bangwagon

I haven't abused Hudson, just giving my opinion, having watched every home game he's played and umpteen games away as well!

I don't think it's any coincidence, that we've been on our 2 best runs during his tenure, when Blake & Gerrard and Keinan & McNaughton were the centre back pairings, whilst Hudson was out injured!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:01 pm

jezzy666 wrote:to be fair to hudson the one time he was miles offside and the flag should of gone up.

Hudson is the new scapegoat, some city fans seem to need one. Hudson is probably the best centre back at the club (not seen enough of Turner yet) so he's got to play imo. Some fans seem to think because Gerrard shows some passion he's a world beater, he's not.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Bothaldo2 wrote:

Hudson is the new scapegoat, some city fans seem to need one. Hudson is probably the best centre back at the club (not seen enough of Turner yet) so he's got to play imo. Some fans seem to think because Gerrard shows some passion he's a world beater, he's not.

comepletly agree, hudson is my number 1

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 pm

I like having Hudson and Turner at the back. But I still feel Blake should be given a chance. It's not always good having so many centre backs at the club.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:34 pm

personally i like blake , think he is to adaptable for his own good , covers many positions from the bench, and with the new 5 subs only rule this season looks why he will be sub most of the time , anyway these decisions are down to mm thats why he is the manager (and doing a great job so far) long may it continue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:47 pm

IMO i think that the first time BT and MH played together i felt that MH was the week link,i got the feeling he was a bit intimidated by BTs presence as he is a very imposing figure,i think MH finds it difficult to adapt to playing along side a certain type of player as we found out 2 seasons ago,not being able to play along side gerrard then gerrard being shipped out to hull,dont get me wrong im not slagging MH off,he has had some cracking games but needs to be more consistent, he needs to make his presence felt more and be alot more vocal,BT on the other hand i think he is our future captain,he needs someone quick along side him for them to compliment each other,Blake could fit the bill,i believe we havent seen the best of BT yet. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: