Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where in the pecking order is Gerrard at Centerback behind Hudson, Turner, Blake, Keinen, Gyepes?

You may select 1 option

View results

Official POLL. Rate Gerrard Debate. How do u rate him??

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am

ok so Gerrard was dropped this week and on several circumstances he has put his opinion out there to show he is not happy(to say the least) .

professional or not, where do you rate him in the pecking order? please also comment

Re: Official POLL. Rate Gerrard Debate. How do u rate him??

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:14 pm

no one wants to talk to you jez.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:37 pm

its depressing but i thought it was a good poll :)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Yes but you posted it, you little imp!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 pm

I dont think there is much difference between Hudson, Keinan, Gerrard to be honest, then you have Blake and then Gypes.
Turner I think will be first choice but its hard to rate him after so few games.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 pm

I dont i'm afraid and never have, I dont buy this badge kissing bullshit. He is a loose cannon and not championship standard in my opinion.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Turner may well prove to be an excellent signing, but 9 goals conceded in his first three games does not help his cause. Unless there were other reasons, Gerrard can consider himself unlucky to have been dropped. The fact that he was unhappy, to say the least, is a good sign. Shows the right attitude.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Bowmonster wrote:I dont i'm afraid and never have, I dont buy this badge kissing bullshit. He is a loose cannon and not championship standard in my opinion.

Wot do u know Jason!!!

IMHO he's OK and I would put him in top 2

Prob 2nd behind someone else. Prob a central defender. I'm not sure TBH. I'm not a central defender and not City's manager. Luckily enough.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:11 pm

I see Gerrard as our weakest link, all the shouting and comitment dont cover his many mistakes as for his passing hes on a par with super kev. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 pm

i have to agree about him making mistakes however stats dont lie
i dont think Turner and Hudson shoud be the pairing 9 goals let in
Hudson and Gerrard reasonable
Turner and Gerrard yet to be seen but i think could work
Gerrard is gobby but at least he admits he is but we did not let a goal in on Tuesday
I have to admit that i like Turner in the team as he provides good presence and he not slow compaired to our oth cb
We also know that Blake and Gerrard pair up well but i dont think that will happen again
It will be very interesting over the few weeks what Malky does with his defensive pairings

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Here's one I posted earlier:- ;) :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62183

And here's the result of that poll:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29637658/

Funnily enough, Gerrard gets a lot of support in the poll and is favoured to play alongside Turner or Blake, whilst there is very little support, for Hudson to play alongside any of our centre back options! :) :ayatollah: