Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We have competition at centre back, but no REAL quality...

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:26 am

Just my opinion on this whole debate that seems to be going on at the moment anyway

Gerrard and Hudson are decent enough, but not good enough to take us up in my opinion

Turner and Blake would be my first choice centre halves, but i still feel even with those 2 that we will concede alot of goals this year

Not a fan of Keinan and Gyepes, personally

I still can't believe that some people havent gotten their had around the obvious truth that if we'd had a decent defence this year, we WOULD have gone up, and im afraid it might be the same situation this year as we seem to be scoring alot of goals, but i always feel like we're going to concede during matches too unfortunately

i hope/think Malky, as a centre back himself, will have noticed this come next summer :ayatollah:

Re: We have competition at centre back, but no REAL quality...

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:28 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Just my opinion on this whole debate that seems to be going on at the moment anyway

Gerrard and Hudson are decent enough, but not good enough to take us up in my opinion

Turner and Blake would be my first choice centre halves, but i still feel even with those 2 that we will concede alot of goals this year

Not a fan of Keinan and Gyepes, personally

I still can't believe that some people havent gotten their had around the obvious truth that if we'd had a decent defence this year, we WOULD have gone up, and im afraid it might be the same situation this year as we seem to be scoring alot of goals, but i always feel like we're going to concede during matches too unfortunately

i hope/think Malky, as a centre back himself, will have noticed this come next summer :ayatollah:

Blake Yes - Keinan Yes - Hudson No - Gerrard Yes - Turner Yes - Gypes - f*cking SHIT

Balke is too small to compete for heders at the back so i think MM wants some height there ?