Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Computer help needed please!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 am

My inbox is constantly getting clogged up with spam it's got much worse since my computer crashed recently and i had to have the hard drive recovered!

Does anyone know a good spam killer that i can down load preferably for free that will stop all the crap getting in my in box :(

Anyone and everyones help would be appreciated :old: :ayatollah:

Re: O/T Computer help needed please!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:00 am

blueheaven wrote:My inbox is constantly getting clogged up with spam it's got much worse since my computer crashed recently and i had to have the hard drive recovered!

Does anyone know a good spam killer that i can down load preferably for free that will stop all the crap getting in my in box :(

What ISP are you using? Most of them, even hotmail, have a spam filter set before it even gets to you. I doubt if you are hosting your emails yourself so go to your ISP and set up your spam settings there.

Until then you can set up rules in Outlook that will delete or move emails to folders depending on key words that you specify.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

Berwyn wrote:
blueheaven wrote:My inbox is constantly getting clogged up with spam it's got much worse since my computer crashed recently and i had to have the hard drive recovered!

What ISP are you using? Most of them, even hotmail, have a spam filter set before it even gets to you. I doubt if you are hosting your emails yourself so go to your ISP and set up your spam settings there.

Until then you can set up rules in Outlook that will delete or move emails to folders depending on key words that you specify.

Hi Mate, I'm with Orange and in 2 days 3,700 spams arrived in my Junk Box but another 200 plus got into my inbox :o It's the ones in my inbox that are a pain because all the ones in my junk box i just delete but the amount arriving his ridiculous so i need something that slows them down or stops them all together if possible??

The problem has got much worse since my computer crashed and i had to have the hard drive recovered and Windows was reinstated but i lost all my other programmes :(

Thanks for replying any more help would be appreciated because i aint no computer expert :old: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Anyone else got any recommendations for an effective 'free' spam killer :?: :?: :?: :?: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:27 pm

AdAware - can be downloaded at Cnet.com or download.com