Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

gerrard is our best centre half.....he should be playing

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 am

Anthony gerrard is our best centre half in my opinion. The stick he is getting is unjust to say the least. The facts back it up we concede less goals when hes in the team and his desire is second to none,yes he makes the odd error but what centre half doesnt? in my opinion hes been unfairly dropped and if i was him id be upset. The team has conceded 7 goals in 2 games against mid table opposition he comes in and we have a clean sheet. Malky hasnt found the right mix at centre half and should gerrard not play sunday which he prob wont then i still dont think hes found it.turner and hudson is only a few games in as a partnership but it dont work. Im convinced our centre halfs should be 2 from gerrard,turner,blake harsh on hudson but i think youll find stats say when he dont play we concede less goals

Re: gerrard is our best centre half.....he should be playing

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 am

Turner, Hudson and Blake are all better centre backs than Gerrard, in my opinion

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Turner, Hudson and Blake are all better centre backs than Gerrard, in my opinion

Agreed, I would actually add Keinan to that list.

From the Celtic friendly onwards he has been culpable for any number of goals and his distribution leaves a lot to be desired. Fist pumping and passion are not enough to be a top defender in the Championship.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:36 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Turner, Hudson and Blake are all better centre backs than Gerrard, in my opinion

Yeah, Gerrard seems to have lost an edge over the summer that he had at Hull. My starting two centre backs would be Hudson and Blake with the captaincy going to McPhail until Miller comes back. Turner is good so he can contest as well.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 am

tonnehead wrote:Anthony gerrard is our best centre half in my opinion. The stick he is getting is unjust to say the least. The facts back it up we concede less goals when hes in the team and his desire is second to none,yes he makes the odd error but what centre half doesnt? in my opinion hes been unfairly dropped and if i was him id be upset. The team has conceded 7 goals in 2 games against mid table opposition he comes in and we have a clean sheet. Malky hasnt found the right mix at centre half and should gerrard not play sunday which he prob wont then i still dont think hes found it.turner and hudson is only a few games in as a partnership but it dont work. Im convinced our centre halfs should be 2 from gerrard,turner,blake harsh on hudson but i think youll find stats say when he dont play we concede less goals

And this kids..... https://files.oakland.edu/users/kebrenn ... ribbon.jpg

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 am

tonnehead wrote:Anthony gerrard is our best centre half in my opinion. The stick he is getting is unjust to say the least. The facts back it up we concede less goals when hes in the team and his desire is second to none,yes he makes the odd error but what centre half doesnt? in my opinion hes been unfairly dropped and if i was him id be upset. The team has conceded 7 goals in 2 games against mid table opposition he comes in and we have a clean sheet. Malky hasnt found the right mix at centre half and should gerrard not play sunday which he prob wont then i still dont think hes found it.turner and hudson is only a few games in as a partnership but it dont work. Im convinced our centre halfs should be 2 from gerrard,turner,blake harsh on hudson but i think youll find stats say when he dont play we concede less goals

you are insane.....that is all ;)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 am

i just about respect your opinion but just like every other reply to your topic. we all think your wrong

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Gerrard is far better than Hudson

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Not for me, good in the air but that's about it.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:06 pm

There more to defending that diving in and making a few bone crunchers. Someone young and quick would make a mockery of him.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Gerrard gives the ball away too much by attempting glamour balls that never work. Who else has seen Gerrard float a ball over the defence to one of our players feet so that they in turn have a pop at goal or create a chance? Anyone? No? Thats because every time he does it it goes straight to one of our opponents and he does this several times in a game.

If you have the ball the opponents cant attack you, you defend by keeping possession not giving the ball away.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:38 pm

welshie wrote:Gerrard is far better than Hudson

lol no

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Gerrard is not our best defender by a million miles . Hudson gets a lot of stick of the fans but he is way better than Gerrard and so is dray and what limited time we have to see him looks better as well Gerrard makes to many mistakes and is lucky sometimes hudson is around to sweep up his mistakes His distribution is in the same class as Kev's
Lookks like Hulls defense is doing better with out him this season as well

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:53 pm

MM needs to find the best combo,i would like to see BT/DB or AG/DB blake deffo coz hes the quickest of the four :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:56 pm

jezzy666 wrote:

lol no

lol yes

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Gerrard gives the ball away too much by attempting glamour balls that never work. Who else has seen Gerrard float a ball over the defence to one of our players feet so that they in turn have a pop at goal or create a chance? Anyone? No? Thats because every time he does it it goes straight to one of our opponents and he does this several times in a game.

Yes I did on Tuesday actually, was you there? Cracking ball to McNaughton who was running down the right hand side.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:08 pm

I would put Gerrard in my team every time out of the centre backs we have here, he is much better than Hudson, Welshie hit the nail on the head, we concede less goals when Gerrard is playing and concede a lot when Hudson is playing alongside someone else other than Gerrard. He has to be first choice along with Blake or Turner imo, if we are to get anywhere near the playoffs, 9 goals conceded in 3 games says it all I'm afraid, and 3 of them was against Barnsley and 4 against the mighty Peterbrough. :o

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:39 pm

welshie wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:Gerrard gives the ball away too much by attempting glamour balls that never work. Who else has seen Gerrard float a ball over the defence to one of our players feet so that they in turn have a pop at goal or create a chance? Anyone? No? Thats because every time he does it it goes straight to one of our opponents and he does this several times in a game.

Yes I did on Tuesday actually, were you there? Cracking ball to McNaughton who was running down the right hand side.

Tuesday marked 8 years that I have been with my girlfriend, do you think I stood a chance of going to a league cup game? :lol:

And one good pass all bloody season does not stand out as a very good pass rate

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:31 am

After his Hull City season he was amazing and everyone wanted him back... what about now?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:41 am

DandoCCFC wrote:After his Hull City season he was amazing and everyone wanted him back... what about now?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62629 :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 am

IMO we should be playing - Taylor - Keinan - Hudson - Mcnaughton

Gerrard, Quinn, Naylor are all just cover:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 am

Merlin wrote:IMO we should be playing - Taylor - Keinan - Hudson - Mcnaughton

Gerrard, Quinn, Naylor are all just cover:

what about turner??