Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

gerrard on talksport

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

did anyone just hear his interview on talk sport?! goldstein mentioned that it must be a good feeling to get a clean sheet after the last few results. gezza replied with ' yeah but i wasn't involved in the last two so work that out' lol. then he was asked he defenders get a bonus for clean sheets like strikers get goal bonuses. he replied with 'you don't even get a handshake from the manager'. what's all that about then?

Re: gerrard on talksport

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 pm

I think he feels he will be out of the team more than in from now on and maybe he wanted a move close season, was promised games and now feels he wont get any.

Or he's a cheeky scouser.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Doesn't sounds like the type we need at the club.
Especially as MM shakes the hand or hugs every play who comes off the pitch.
Maybe he wanted to stay at hull.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Im not a fan of Gerrards attitude if im honest!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Doesn't sounds like the type we need at the club.

Really starting to agree, I know you want to see players want to fight to get back into the team. But he's just acting like a kid, Keinan's not moaning and he's a better CB,

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:58 pm

RFMH wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Doesn't sounds like the type we need at the club.

Really starting to agree, I know you want to see players want to fight to get back into the team. But he's just acting like a kid, Keinan's not moaning and he's a better CB,

Shows really Keinan tweeting how he went in on his day off to train with the kids.

Gerrard on talksport having a dig :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:Will be interesting to see how MM deals with this. Looks like his first test of his man-management of his CCFC career

Hopefully we won't hear anything about it, that will show if MM has everything under control.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 pm

I sort of like the fact he's not happy to be left out. Shows he WANTS to be playing

Seems odd that he's gone form a ne'er-do-well (according to DJ) at the start of last season to 'player of the season' at Hull and then been cast aside again on his return to the Bluebirds

Personally, I think Ben Turner is a 'shoe-in' at centre half at the moment and the only player that compliments him foot-wise is Hudson; so Gezza will just have to bide his time or move on (which would be a shame)

Oh, I never heard his TalkSport interview. But before we 'knock' are we sure he wasn't having a joke?? Seems VERY odd if he were to have a 'pop' at Malky in such a way (although his recent 'Twitter' seemed a little odd too)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:I sort of like the fact he's not happy to be left out. Shows he WANTS to be playing

Seems odd that he's gone form a ne'er-do-well (according to DJ) at the start of last season to 'player of the season' at Hull and then been cast aside again on his return to the Bluebirds

Personally, I think Ben Turner is a 'shoe-in' at centre half at the moment and the only player that compliments him foot-wise is Hudson; so Gezza will just have to bide his time or move on (which would be a shame)

Oh, I never heard his TalkSport interview. But before we 'knock' are we sure he wasn't having a joke?? Seems VERY odd if he were to have a 'pop' at Malky in such a way (although his recent 'Twitter' seemed a little odd too)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

His Tweet last week about being fuming was unprofessional. People guessed he was dropped and he was.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 am

bye bye then fatty gerrard

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 am

Get a grip you lot its just a joke thats the type of guy he is :lol:
i dont think hes the type to have a pop when everyones listening

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 am

i was sure he said '' all we get is a handshake''? but i couldnt hear the radio well in work

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 am

I'm not Gerrards biggest fan and I found it ironic that he was saying at the start of the season that there were no ego's in this squad. At the time he was first choice centre back now it's beginning to look like he is the last of the ego's !!

He also threw his toys out of the pram on the eve of the biggest game in our history (Blackpool) when he found out he was in the starting line-up. He probably shouldn't have been dropped but he was hardly supporting the club when having a strop, that could have waited until afterwards.

The Keinan comparisons are interesting. Keinan had one bad game against Reading but for the rest of his time last season played very well, if any has a right to be annoyed it's him but he just gets his head down and works. Very well liked bloke by people who have met him too !!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:28 am

i just think its funny that some people actually wanted him as captain !!!

hes a poor defender who is a out of shape that costs him a yard in positioning and he hasnt the speed or awareness to make it up

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:56 am

I asked Gerrard about this on Twitter and this is his reply.....

Just wondering if anyone else buys that? I don't at all! As someone above stated, he seems like the last ego. You have one CB training with the kids and one who sulks at the first time he's dropped. Play Kienan Malky, he might not be as good but clearly he is dying to play!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 am

Do you know Gerrard? The guy is a joker but he works really hard for us! :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 am

Gerrard is a character. Football without characters can be bland.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and to be fair - just did very well on the CB poll with Blake.
He's said a remark referring to money and the club, maybe more than malky, may be unhappy.

We want passion and maybe he is going oveer the top on times but he is a comitted ccfc player, playing to the best of his ability.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:21 am

eddiep wrote:Gerrard is a character. Football without characters can be bland.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and to be fair - just did very well on the CB poll with Blake.
He's said a remark referring to money and the club, maybe more than malky, may be unhappy.

We want passion and maybe he is going oveer the top on times but he is a comitted ccfc player, playing to the best of his ability.

i agree he always plays with passion and to the best of his ability.

but i dont think that ability is anywhere near good enough in where we want to go

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 am

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/andy-g ... arling-cup

Nothing in it for me.

Love what he says when asked if we play liverpool and he ends up 1 on 1 with his cousin. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:07 am

nobbytoolong wrote:http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/andy-goldsteins-sports-bar/blog/2011-10-27/gerrard-i-want-cardiff-get-liverpool-next-carling-cup

Nothing in it for me.

Love what he says when asked if we play liverpool and he ends up 1 on 1 with his cousin. :ayatollah:

Interview misconstrued again, with a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon and getting on his case!

Funny interview IMO, if you can understand Scouse! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:45 am

He said 'All we get is a handshake' and 'it depends on how greedy your agent is for bonuses'