Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my own match report

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Under fire manager Dave Jones , was brave enough to include Riccy Scimeca in midfield, for his first league start for a considerable amount of time which I half expected him to be included after speaking to a few fans prior to kick off.

City started in a positive fashion and carved out a few chances in the early exchanges the closest of which fell to joint top scorer Michael Chopra whose effort went wide when well placed. Prestom also kept city on their toes and Fatty Parkin forced a flying save the "Man in Pink" David Marshall, who saved very well .

Preston had the ball in the net from the corner soon after but luckily for us it was disallowed for a foul which I didnt actually see - relief all round.

Bothroyd was winning alot if balls in the air , however , his effort went unrewarded.
The Bluebirds were having most of the play and finished well on top for the majority of the first half.

Preston went close to opening the scoring in the second minute of the second half when Kevin McNaughton cleared a Parkin header off the line following a Billy Jones corner.

In the 56th minuite Burke, hit a fine shot which went high into the net - I was downstairs at the time but it looked good on TV to give city the lead which I think, considering the overall play they deserved.

Ross McCormack replaced Chopra up front as Cardiff pressed for the all important second goal, which if they had got would have probably won by a few more but as the match went on you had the feeling North End, backed by a pitiful 300 odd away fans would grab a point.

As it was and to my surprise City continued to press and chances fell to Bothroyd and Burke once again.However the City held on for their first win in 5 games, which I think was deserved, It was also most welcome as we have two tough away games coming up against West Brom and Boro, who won 5 - 1 today against QPR

Re: my own match report

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 pm

sums it all up pretty nicely :)