Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IF WE PULL MAN UTD or

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:58 am

Sven Ghali wrote:Carl, it is indeed all 'ifs, buts and maybe's' at the moment. However, such a game would indeed attract a (probable) record-breaking crowd at the CCS

Obviously, there WOULD be a pecking order for tickets and (knowing SOME will disagree for their own reasons) I can only say the following:

1: Everyone knew the score BEFORE the season started, i.e. those with Season Tickets (so-called Ambassadors) were GUARANTEED their seats for ALL games during this season (even cup games where tickets needed to be purchased in addition to Season ticket costs) provided they did so within set timescales. It will be the same should we actually reach a final at our second home in London

2: The previous rounds have hardly been well-supported by the very people who would now want to jump on the bandwagon, has it?? The fans who have turned up have been both loyal and (in footballing terms) well rewarded. That loyalty should be rewarded if we were to pull out a 'biggy' in the Quarter Finals
i hold season tickets in family stand and can tell you it is full on home games not half empty as in the canton where you so called true fans sit why do you people think all people in family stand are plastic whatever that means ive supported since 1952 and yes my ticket is cheap now but over the years i have earnt that bonas that is aged linked even a family pay the equivelent to your ticket price.so look closer to home before critising others
3: For anyone to moan they can't get a ticket for the 'big' games I would suggest that in most (certainly not all) cases they have a little think about how they have or haven't fully supported the club this season (and possibly several before)

Mind you, one interesting thought here would be regarding the 'rarely-turn-ups' who hold Season Tickets in the Family Stand and would now have an opportunity to claim tickets for the very type of game they purchased their cheap seats for in the beginning

It may not be good BUT, as I said, we ALL knew the score BEFORE the season started should such an event occur

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:45 am

Man City will not bring 4,000 down, as Chelsea wouldn't, Man United would sell that out no problems.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:54 am

Manure gave 14,000 to Derby in a cup game last season /or season before.
So it would be interesting to see if they gave us that many and if we would take that many.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Would the ST holders in the Ninian Stand really be moved though? I woulld have thought that they would give most of the Grange End to the away side and move the families to other parts of the ground. Logistically, I would have thought that would make more sense.

didnt they move at the end of last season tho coz at that time City didnt know if they would be in Prem or Champ which would have changed the segregation area etc ??

I'm not sure, Martyn. I was thinking about the under-stand areas that can be gated off as much as the in-stand layout. Would that be more sensible to have the family end for the visiting fans?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 am

glas wrote:Manure gave 14,000 to Derby in a cup game last season /or season before.
So it would be interesting to see if they gave us that many and if we would take that many.

Half that probably

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 am

glas wrote:Manure gave 14,000 to Derby in a cup game last season /or season before.

No they didn't, hope this helps :lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 am

the ruules in league football are the home team need to provide 15% of the total capacity to away fans. MAn Utds cap is 78k so we should get around 10-12 k i think.

however this is just league games, i know each cup has a different rule

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:12 am

Whatever happens the club wont come out of it well.

We will no doubt have the "I been to Rochdale and Halifax 25 years ago and I deserve a ticket even though I havent got a ST" brigade like we did for the cup final and play off scramble. :roll:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:18 am

jezzy666 wrote:the ruules in league football are the home team need to provide 15% of the total capacity to away fans. MAn Utds cap is 78k so we should get around 10-12 k i think.

Their capacity is around 76k, we would recieve 9,000 ish tickets should we get there, same as Liverpool, Derby, Leeds etc

For those thinking we wouldn't get that amount then please read what I have just wrote... Leeds and Liverpool got 9,000 there in the last few years, Cardiff would get the same.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:20 am

Roger Muller wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:the ruules in league football are the home team need to provide 15% of the total capacity to away fans. MAn Utds cap is 78k so we should get around 10-12 k i think.

Their capacity is around 76k, we would recieve 9,000 ish tickets should we get there, same as Liverpool, Derby, Leeds etc

For those thinking we wouldn't get that amount then please read what I have just wrote... Leeds and Liverpool got 9,000 there in the last few years, Cardiff would get the same.

i think we will get 15% - 11,700.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Taking away the plastic fan problem, it will be odd that so many City fans will be willing to pay £28+ to watch a game against a top 4 Premiership side with the all likelihood of losing 4-0, when so many were not interested in paying £11 to watch either of the extremely entertaining home games in the competition so far (which we won).

You'd be suprised, they all want to see their idols so they can have a wank over them!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Roger Muller wrote:

Our allocations have been cut to below other teams before, I could see it happening again. what you say means nothing when it actually comes to allocating the tickets.

Sorry if this post isn't quite as patronising as your own, but I did try

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:20 pm

if we draw a big team are season ticket holders guaranteed a ticket :?:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:if we draw a big team are season ticket holders guaranteed a ticket :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:58 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:if we draw a big team are season ticket holders guaranteed a ticket :?:

only if u have ur hull stub.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Roger Muller wrote:

Our allocations have been cut to below other teams before, I could see it happening again. what you say means nothing when it actually comes to allocating the tickets.

Sorry if this post isn't quite as patronising as your own, but I did try

Yes mate, they're really not going to give us 9,000 when they've given leeds and liverpool that amount in the last few years, we are not relevant to Man United, leeds and liverpool are.

Oh and btw I'm sure Man City got 9,000 for the league cup semi a few years back, so ye, in conclusion I'm right.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm

polo wrote:Whatever happens the club wont come out of it well.

We will no doubt have the "I been to Rochdale and Halifax 25 years ago and I deserve a ticket even though I havent got a ST" brigade like we did for the cup final and play off scramble. :roll:

You're right. But the irony is they (the plastics who turn up only for the glory games) genuinely believe and expect they should be at the front of any queue when it suits them to turn up!!

I realise that there will always be some who have genuine reasons for not attending many games (e.g. goegraphics, financial, health, family etc) BUT the last time I looked apathy and lethargy weren't amongst them!!

Hopefully, any tickets available (after the season ticket holders and vice presidents have been sorted) will be sold on a 'previous attendance' basis starting with other games in this competition :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:OR MAN CITY at home in the Quarter Finals of the Carling Cup, there would be a massive clamour for tickets for the game no doubt.

But the fact that the away club would be entitled to 4024 as they would get 15% of our stadium allocation plus also the Premier seats would be offered to current Premier seat members and their guests that would take up another 2,500. Plus Premier seat members would have the option of buying tickets for other areas of the ground if the Premier seats sell out.

We have 17,300 approx season ticket holders and if you take in the segregation then it would not leave many tickets available for general sale.

The folks in the Ninian stand would have to move over away from the blocks 117 and 118 to accommodate the extra away support.

There would be a huge scramble for tickets if we pull either of these 2 teams, I nearly added Chelsea to the list of teams but considering they only took a small following of 1,500 to a Champions League semi final at Anfield in 2007 I don't hold to much hope of them bringing 4000 fans to our stadium.

sorry Carl, can't agree re Chelsea. Chelsea's away support is still as good as any in the top flight. To say they only brought 1,500 to Anfield in 2007 is, frankly, horeshit. Considering Chelsea had 5,000 at Preston a few years back for a cup tie, 4,000 at Cardiff wouldn't be a problem.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 pm

liverpool, chelsea and arsenal would also sell 4,000 tickets for a game at ccs.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

aj1927 wrote:Give Me Palace @ CCS and then a 2 legged Semi Final against a Giant.....

agree
:ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:56 am

Roger Muller wrote:Oh and btw I'm sure Man City got 9,000 for the league cup semi a few years back, so ye, in conclusion I'm right.

:lol: :lol: Not when you're using the words "I'm sure" you're not :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Ah bless hoping for a Premier League team in the next round, we get to play in it every week and its bloody great :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Jackbustard wrote:Ah bless hoping for a Premier League team in the next round, we get to play in it every week and its bloody great :ayatollah:

You got to be in the cup to win it, Ah bless :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Jackbustard wrote:Ah bless hoping for a Premier League team in the next round, we get to play in it every week and its bloody great :ayatollah:

I reckon you are a closet Cardiff City fan,come out come out we will embrace you.....WHY ARE YOU HERE??????? :?: :?: :?:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:46 am

Blackburn wont bring 4,000 :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Blackburn wont bring 4,000 :ayatollah:

they'll be lucky to bring 1000