Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF WE PULL MAN UTD or

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm

OR MAN CITY at home in the Quarter Finals of the Carling Cup, there would be a massive clamour for tickets for the game no doubt.

But the fact that the away club would be entitled to 4024 as they would get 15% of our stadium allocation plus also the Premier seats would be offered to current Premier seat members and their guests that would take up another 2,500. Plus Premier seat members would have the option of buying tickets for other areas of the ground if the Premier seats sell out.

We have 17,300 approx season ticket holders and if you take in the segregation then it would not leave many tickets available for general sale.

The folks in the Ninian stand would have to move over away from the blocks 117 and 118 to accommodate the extra away support.

There would be a huge scramble for tickets if we pull either of these 2 teams, I nearly added Chelsea to the list of teams but considering they only took a small following of 1,500 to a Champions League semi final at Anfield in 2007 I don't hold to much hope of them bringing 4000 fans to our stadium.

Re: IF WE PULL MAN UTD

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:39 pm

I was thinking this earlier today Carl, but bear in mind not all 17,500 season tickets holders would necessarily buy a ticket for this game. Some may not be able to afford it, as they don't want to pay individual match prices (therefore getting a season ticket).

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:OR MAN CITY at home in the Quarter Finals of the Carling Cup, there would be a massive clamour for tickets for the game no doubt.

But the fact that the away club would be entitled to 4024 as they would get 15% of our stadium allocation plus also the Premier seats would be offered to current Premier seat members and their guests that would take up another 2,500. Plus Premier seat members would have the option of buying tickets for other areas of the ground if the Premier seats sell out.

We have 17,300 approx season ticket holders and if you take in the segregation then it would not leave many tickets available for general sale.

The folks in the Ninian stand would have to move over away from the blocks 117 and 118 to accommodate the extra away support.

There would be a huge scramble for tickets if we pull either of these 2 teams, I nearly added Chelsea to the list of teams but considering they only took a small following of 1,500 to a Champions League semi final at Anfield in 2007 I don't hold to much hope of them bringing 4000 fans to our stadium.

If that happens i will be gutted if i dont get a ticket having ventured to Oxford for Round 1 and then spent 3 hours travelling the 100 miles to the CCS last night. I appreciate that Season Ticket Holders should have 1st dibs on all tickets but away members who have been to the carling cup games should have next pick....

Hopefully we will have a decent draw that will give us a chance of the semi finals.......

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Doesn't an away travel membership mean you have second tier priority for home cup matches?

Re: IF WE PULL MAN UTD or

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 pm

if we pulled them it would be another great night in Cardiffs history , :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:OR MAN CITY at home in the Quarter Finals of the Carling Cup, there would be a massive clamour for tickets for the game no doubt.

i got to be honest carl,that is utter crap,just because its man utd doesnt mean a full stadium,there hasnt been much interest so far in the cup,so why against man u....... :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:lucky to get 14000 :D

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm

By the same token would we get given 15% of the tickets if we draw Man Utd away ?

Probably not given the way we get treated.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:39 pm

krab wrote:

i got to be honest carl,that is utter crap,just because its man utd doesnt mean a full stadium,there hasnt been much interest so far in the cup,so why against man u....... :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:lucky to get 14000 :D

Most of the 'plastics' would be there to see the likes of Rooney, Berbatoc, Owen, Vidic, Young etc etc... Not to see our TEAM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Carl,
If we did pull either Manchester team at home, had a word with the club! £10tickets please :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Blue'76' wrote:By the same token would we get given 15% of the tickets if we draw Man Utd away ?

we could probably have 30%,do you think man u. fans would turn up to see us :( .....truth :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 pm

don't worry about it - we'll probably draw Palace.

Away.
:(

Or Blackburn

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

krab wrote:
Blue'76' wrote:By the same token would we get given 15% of the tickets if we draw Man Utd away ?

we could probably have 30%,do you think man u. fans would turn up to see us :( .....truth :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well, there are probably enough Man Utd fans in Cardiff, I would have thought.....

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
krab wrote:

Well, there are probably enough Man Utd fans in Cardiff, I would have thought.....

haha,so true....so true :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:36 pm

So will every season ticket holder be guaranteed a ticket?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:38 pm

I hope people don't start moaning, we all know the rules at the start of the season.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I hope people don't start moaning, we all know the rules at the start of the season.

No one should moan a ST holder gets priority for the Cup match, its the same for every club anywhere.

as a small example I go to games with my Brother and my Dad, we missed the Huddersfield match for various reasons, but all went to Leicester and Burnley, but I bought all the tickets on my fan number, so despite the fact they went to the game their fan numbers doesn't state that.

In the sam vein, a mate of mine (big Liverpool fan) went to both as well (slowly turning him) and i'm sure would love a chance to go vs Liverpool or even another big club. Yet if we're (ST Holders) all entitled to one only. Then it looks like he'll miss out. Quite the conundrum.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:59 pm

Carl, it is indeed all 'ifs, buts and maybe's' at the moment. However, such a game would indeed attract a (probable) record-breaking crowd at the CCS

Obviously, there WOULD be a pecking order for tickets and (knowing SOME will disagree for their own reasons) I can only say the following:

1: Everyone knew the score BEFORE the season started, i.e. those with Season Tickets (so-called Ambassadors) were GUARANTEED their seats for ALL games during this season (even cup games where tickets needed to be purchased in addition to Season ticket costs) provided they did so within set timescales. It will be the same should we actually reach a final at our second home in London

2: The previous rounds have hardly been well-supported by the very people who would now want to jump on the bandwagon, has it?? The fans who have turned up have been both loyal and (in footballing terms) well rewarded. That loyalty should be rewarded if we were to pull out a 'biggy' in the Quarter Finals

3: For anyone to moan they can't get a ticket for the 'big' games I would suggest that in most (certainly not all) cases they have a little think about how they have or haven't fully supported the club this season (and possibly several before)

Mind you, one interesting thought here would be regarding the 'rarely-turn-ups' who hold Season Tickets in the Family Stand and would now have an opportunity to claim tickets for the very type of game they purchased their cheap seats for in the beginning

It may not be good BUT, as I said, we ALL knew the score BEFORE the season started should such an event occur

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 pm

What if I got a Hull stub?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 pm

my message to the plastics on my facebook.

Phil Roberts
would just like to say whoever Cardiff get in the quarter final of the Carling cup. no i will not get you a ticket or even attempt too if you are a plastic top 4 fan. duno who i want to draw though, blackburn, crystal palace, man city, man united, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal. ill be there whatever the case though.
Like · · Unfollow post · Share · 17 minutes ago
Chris Rich likes this.

Jack Coles Any of those is a decent fixture! people on about Palace and Blackburn will be shit, wouldnt really bother me:L
Easiest root we'll get to the semi's!
15 minutes ago · Like
Phil Roberts well im not bothered who we get to be fair. oxford was a quality trip in round 1 and all the other rounds have been a good game and a good laugh so id be happy with any of them. maybe not so much palace away but ill be there behind the boys if it is
14 minutes ago · Like

Jack Coles i enjoy palace away:L
Wouldnt mind Arsenal away, think we could do those over fairly decent:P
13 minutes ago · Like
Phil Roberts well the team we got and the team that would play least we know they would give all the teams a good game. man city away and show manu how to win there would be good ;)
11 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Ben Williams I'm not a ST holder and haven't been to a game since the play off final, but can you get me a ticket if we draw a big team? I don't want to go if it Crystal Palace or Blackburn. If it helps I've got the ticket stub from the hull game!
6 minutes ago · Like
Phil Roberts i wasnt going to pal but coz u got a hull stub then ill try my best haha.
5 minutes ago · Like
Phil Roberts im going to add if anyone doesnt know the significance of having a hull stub dopnt even try to get a ticket
5 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Thomas Fish Haha Hull stub ♥
4 minutes ago · Like

Ben Williams The magic hull ticket!!
3 minutes ago · Like

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 pm

You could have just copied and pasted the actual status :lol: No one needs too know if Chris Rich likes this :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:You could have just copied and pasted the actual status :lol: No one needs too know if Chris Rich likes this :lol:

ahh fish ur a bit behind
Sophie Powell and Chris Rich like this. :P haha

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:34 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:You could have just copied and pasted the actual status :lol: No one needs too know if Chris Rich likes this :lol:

ahh fish ur a bit behind

Facebook friends

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 pm

ahh fish ur a bit behind

is she fit? :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 pm

milly44 wrote:

ahh fish ur a bit behind

is he fit? :ayatollah:

yer i think chris mite be ur type mr millichip.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Ah I see what you did there :D very good :lol:

Il have to have a loook at your friends list and have a look at him :oops:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 am

Give Me Palace @ CCS and then a 2 legged Semi Final against a Giant.....

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:18 am

Would the ST holders in the Ninian Stand really be moved though? I woulld have thought that they would give most of the Grange End to the away side and move the families to other parts of the ground. Logistically, I would have thought that would make more sense.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 am

Taking away the plastic fan problem, it will be odd that so many City fans will be willing to pay £28+ to watch a game against a top 4 Premiership side with the all likelihood of losing 4-0, when so many were not interested in paying £11 to watch either of the extremely entertaining home games in the competition so far.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 am

Taking away the plastic fan problem, it will be odd that so many City fans will be willing to pay £28+ to watch a game against a top 4 Premiership side with the all likelihood of losing 4-0, when so many were not interested in paying £11 to watch either of the extremely entertaining home games in the competition so far (which we won).

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:24 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Would the ST holders in the Ninian Stand really be moved though? I woulld have thought that they would give most of the Grange End to the away side and move the families to other parts of the ground. Logistically, I would have thought that would make more sense.

didnt they move at the end of last season tho coz at that time City didnt know if they would be in Prem or Champ which would have changed the segregation area etc ??