Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANY BT ENGINEERS ABOUT...........?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Internal box in my house is naff and no house phone or internet, talktalk want £150 call out and then BT charge on top of that.

Re: ANY BT ENGINEERS ABOUT...........?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Surely we must have some BT engineers that want to earn a few quid on the side.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm

A lesson to be learned here.
Remember, whoever your provider is, BT still own the phone lines.
If your with BT, repairs are free and they currently have some good broadband deals.
NO! I do'nt work for them, just learned this lesson a few years ago. ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:A lesson to be learned here.
Remember, whoever your provider is, BT still own the phone lines.
If your with BT, repairs are free and they currently have some good broadband deals.
NO! I do'nt work for them, just learned this lesson a few years ago. ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Aye I know now :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Internal box in my house is naff and no house phone or internet, talktalk want £150 call out and then BT charge on top of that.

Off the top of my head a new clean line off BT is £100 fitted. However if you are worth your salts then you should be able to get them to fit it for free, if you don't get it for free be ashamed and you should watch "Life of Brian" several times over for tips on haggling. You would probably have to agree to 1 years broadband with them but that still pisses over the talktalk offer.

Don't even mention the other line, that one has nothing to do with it. Just tell talktalk that it wasn't fit for purpose and you'll no longer be paying them another penny for a service they can not provide. You should have the other BT line in within a week or two without any hassle with pac codes or transferring accounts etc. :D