Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SERIOUS VIRUS ALERTI

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:26 pm

ATTENTION!!!! I HAVE JUST GONE ON THE NOT606 SITE CLICKED ON BLUE PROPHETS THREAD AND PICKED UP A BAD ONE!!!!!!

Re: SERIOUS VIRUS ALERTI

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 pm

NOT 606 IS THE WEBSITE I was confused the virus is on NOT606 rather than CCMB

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 pm

WHOEVER LOADED THE VIRUS THANKS ITS GONNA COST £75 THAT I CANT AFFORD!!!!!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:50 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:WHOEVER LOADED THE VIRUS THANKS ITS GONNA COST £75 THAT I CANT AFFORD!!!!!

Why would it cost you £75 ?

Link here for you. Download that and run it. Once you are clean go and get pay for 1 years protection, it only cost 10 quid. Much better than the free stuff out there.

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/dev ... _15_45.exe

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Berwyn,
I appreciate your advice but I cant get into anything I,m no PC expert but My mate is a lot more knowledgeable than me.
It got through the AVG antivirus prog.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Berwyn,
I appreciate your advice but I cant get into anything I,m no PC expert but My mate is a lot more knowledgeable than me.
It got through the AVG antivirus prog.

Yes the free one no doubt, that's why you are infected.

Click the link I gave you and choose save. Don't bother running the file on you pc you are on now. Just copy it to a pen drive. Start your infected pc up in safe mode, usually by tapping the F8 key during start up, which gives you options, just go to the one that says safe mode.
Once it starts in safe mode, you might have to try it a few times if you don't hit the F8 key at the right time. Plug the pen drive in and run the file. That will scan and hopefully clean your pc. Then you'll be able to download and install a 30 day trial of the full version which will protect you properly.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Berwyn,

Thanks mate I will try it .
Cheers Bri

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:52 pm

If you Bank with Barclays, Kaspersky Internet security is free (online Banking) You get a code you can use on Three different Computers. ;)

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

That was from one of the ads on the forum, not the forum itself. Anyone told Mike?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Nevermind just completely misunderstood what you said. :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Dafydd wrote:Nevermind just completely misunderstood what you said. :lol:

I edited the first post so it wouldn't cause any more confusion!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:38 pm

I have discovered that if you google NOT 606 it now tells you it is an unsafe website. I was mistaken when I stated Mikes board, no malice intended I can a assure you.

It a real pig to get rid off. I have lost the contents of the hard drive, disaster.

Thanks for the advice you have given me , its appreciated.