Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

99.99% of.........................

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:12 am

.............stewards cannot even be classed as wankers..............they're even worse!

Came out of the ground at half time and one asked me where I was going.

"Why?", says I

"I need to know.", says he.

"It's none of your business so I'm not telling you!" says I

"Well I'm afraid I wont be able to let you re-enter the stadium, sir." says he.

"You've nothing to be afraid of." says I.

and I re-entered the stadium thorugh a different gate.

I know the dick who has a major role in supervising and managing the stewards.

It's no mystery to me that they behave like they do because, should they dare to question him, he'll hand them their p45 in the blink of an eye.

Perhaps a steward might like to comment on their supervisors management policy and relationships with both management and fans?

Re: 99.99% of.........................

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 am

\
Last edited by Johnny Rythmn on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 am

Would they be able to put a sentence together to comment :?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Would they be able to put a sentence together to comment :?

They'll have to ask their quadcunt leader first

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 am

I dont get them sometimes, the one I know studied Political Science for 3 years and he's as thick as donkey shit. He did actually get sacked for giving someone a light outside at HT

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 am

RichardBluebird wrote:I dont get them sometimes, the one I know studied Political Science for 3 years and he's as thick as donkey shit. He did actually get sacked for giving someone a light outside at HT

I can well believe that mate and a management policy like that will only distance relationships with the fans and cause friction.

I accept that stewards are here to stay and after previous tragedies they are required but they also have to adopt a people policy as well.

Standard answers and procedures may well work over the phone but in face to face situations they often seem arrogant and condascending.

They are not Police and we are not criminals.

We are the people who make football what it is!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:34 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I dont get them sometimes, the one I know studied Political Science for 3 years and he's as thick as donkey shit. He did actually get sacked for giving someone a light outside at HT

He was probably the 0.01%

I can well believe that mate and a management policy like that will only distance relationships with the fans and cause friction.

I accept that stewards are here to stay and after previous tragedies they are required but they also have to adopt a people policy as well.

Standard answers and procedures may well work over the phone but in face to face situations they often seem arrogant and condascending.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 am

Celtic game in pre-season i think it was, I went out at half time as people normally do, there was a steward there and while I was walking to KFC he stopped us and tryed preventing us going over and threatening not to let us back in. Why? I don't know, what harm is it causing going over to get some food/drink. f*cking pathetic :oops:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Celtic game in pre-season i think it was, I went out at half time as people normally do, there was a steward there and while I was walking to KFC he stopped us and tryed preventing us going over and threatening not to let us back in. Why? I don't know, what harm is it causing going over to get some food/drink. f*cking pathetic :oops:

There argument is that we are lucky to be let out at half time.

The only reason they do this is to accomodate smokers.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Ok i see your point on the steward asking where you are going he could have handled it a bit differently
If you leave the stadium, you dont get back in (except for half time while the stadium lets you smoke outside) so the steward is probably trying to figure out what you want to do and informing you that if you leave the stadium you wont be allowed back in, stewards are under obligation to inform you of this.
With regards to KFC and McDonalds this is purely a financial matter and it would be eradicated if the stadium stopped letting fans out to smoke but would be replaced by different problems such as mass smoking in the toilets
The club does not want you using KFC and McDonalds instead of using the stadiums facilities and I know the arguments ive heard them all stadium food is expensive its not very good but if we didnt let you out to smoke it wouldnt be an opportunity you would have so it is a case of fans pushing the boundaries but if you get away with it good for you but if you get caught the argument stands that you have left the stadium and the club is under no obligation to let you back in.
Since moving to the CCS stewarding policy has changed a lot and work insecurity for stewards really has put stewards on a back foot and leaves stewards in an unstable situation that if you dont do exactly what the powers that be tell you, you will find yourself without work. This has changed stewarding and has set a distinct barrier between fan and steward which wasnt so profound at Ninian Park but also the barrier between the Club and Stewards has increased and the team ethic that existed at Ninian Park has been lost but the old Ninian Park attitude hasnt been lost in some stewards and we will fight for you and help you in anyway we can.
Ill be at Elland Road this weekend fighting your corner against stewarding policy at Elland Road and doing my best to ensure you have an enjoyable day.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

We were, we are now merely just a number.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:.............stewards cannot even be classed as wankers..............they're even worse!

Came out of the ground at half time and one asked me where I was going.

"Why?", says I

"I need to know.", says he.

"It's none of your business so I'm not telling you!" says I

"Well I'm afraid I wont be able to let you re-enter the stadium, sir." says he.

"You've nothing to be afraid of." says I.

and I re-entered the stadium thorugh a different gate.

I know the dick who has a major role in supervising and managing the stewards.

It's no mystery to me that they behave like they do because, should they dare to question him, he'll hand them their p45 in the blink of an eye.

Perhaps a steward might like to comment on their supervisors management policy and relationships with both management and fans?

Dont even start me on this one!!! :twisted:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:45 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:Ok i see your point on the steward asking where you are going he could have handled it a bit differently
If you leave the stadium, you dont get back in (except for half time while the stadium lets you smoke outside) so the steward is probably trying to figure out what you want to do and informing you that if you leave the stadium you wont be allowed back in, stewards are under obligation to inform you of this.
With regards to KFC and McDonalds this is purely a financial matter and it would be eradicated if the stadium stopped letting fans out to smoke but would be replaced by different problems such as mass smoking in the toilets
The club does not want you using KFC and McDonalds instead of using the stadiums facilities and I know the arguments ive heard them all stadium food is expensive its not very good but if we didnt let you out to smoke it wouldnt be an opportunity you would have so it is a case of fans pushing the boundaries but if you get away with it good for you but if you get caught the argument stands that you have left the stadium and the club is under no obligation to let you back in.
Since moving to the CCS stewarding policy has changed a lot and work insecurity for stewards really has put stewards on a back foot and leaves stewards in an unstable situation that if you dont do exactly what the powers that be tell you, you will find yourself without work. This has changed stewarding and has set a distinct barrier between fan and steward which wasnt so profound at Ninian Park but also the barrier between the Club and Stewards has increased and the team ethic that existed at Ninian Park has been lost but the old Ninian Park attitude hasnt been lost in some stewards and we will fight for you and help you in anyway we can.
Ill be at Elland Road this weekend fighting your corner against stewarding policy at Elland Road and doing my best to ensure you have an enjoyable day.

Shame more aren't like you :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:51 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:Ok i see your point on the steward asking where you are going he could have handled it a bit differently

I find my self agreeing some what. the massive gripe I had when i wanted to leave, was the arragonce and pure twatishness of the steward talking to me at the time. Now when im desperatly hungry, but dont fancy a rubber burger for £205, i have a beter excuse :D

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 pm

When Mason scored, the bastards wanted people sitting back down before the match had even restarted :evil:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:18 pm

They do a sterling job, I've been known to tip one or two down the years, a lot of work with very little reward :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Roger Muller wrote:They do a sterling job, I've been known to tip one or two down the years, a lot of work with very little reward :ayatollah:

Haha, now I know you're a wind up :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:21 pm

I'd say a lot of stewards do the job for a few extra pound to make ends meet and that has to be admired but a lot do it for the power that it gives them for a few hours every week.

It seems that the power freaks are the stewards that spoil many peoples match day experience and from what I've highlighted in red from your post it seems the biggest wankers are the steward mangement.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Roger Muller wrote:They do a sterling job, I've been known to tip one or two down the years, a lot of work with very little reward :ayatollah:

Fair doos, this one is funny.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Like most jobs you get some good ones and some awful ones.
Im sure some will go on a power trip but I would best most are doing what they have been told to do.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Get Sam Back :D :D :D :D He wouldn't put up with that shit. But for one i really don't believe its the Stewards fault its the Twats in charge. £27 POUND a f*cking ticket and we are treated like shit. For that i want a service not Stewards turned into little Hitlers :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:49 pm

we are now being treated like away fans in our own ground,in block 118 spend more watching the stewards than watching the game . during the ipswich game we had the police called buy the stewards to throw a fan out for standing up,stewards arguing with a group of cardiff fans half way up block 118 for standing up this went on for 20 mins with the police filming it all and a steward with a book writing the seat nos of all the fans who stood up all the time while the other stewards run up and down the steps all game it has become a f*cking joke they spend more time on the cardiff fans than they do on the away supporters :evil:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Get Sam Back :D :D :D :D He wouldn't put up with that shit. But for one i really don't believe its the Stewards fault its the Twats in charge. £27 POUND a f*cking ticket and we are treated like shit. For that i want a service not Stewards turned into little Hitlers :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know it is Nukes, in fact I know their boss and and how uncomprimising he is.

In any organisation all orders are channelled down from management. It all comes from the top is the old saying and it's not just a saying it's very true.

Like johnny steward stated in his previous post, anything other than complete obedience from the management and your out of a job. Then there's one chap sacked for giving a fan a light for his half time smoke. The fan is a paying customer and someone the steward is supposed to help and assist. The steward did the decent thing and got the sack for this.

Something has to give here and we the fans have to do something about it like you've said 27 quid and treated like shit.

The only other people that pay money to get abused are sadomasachist gimps.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Speak as you find and all that but I have had no problems with them at CCS. Away games on the other hand grrr

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:19 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:Speak as you find and all that but I have had no problems with them at CCS. Away games on the other hand grrr

Away game stewards are piss-takers. Especially the ones in Blackpool :oops:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm

I’ve signed up just to reply to this one. To say it’s 99.9% is unfair. As a steward I do my up most to greet everyone individually on entry and wish as many as I can a safe journey after the game. Whenever I have to ask someone to sit down, I apologise both before and after as I don’t enjoy enforcing the no standing rule anymore than you guys enjoy hearing it but as has previously been stated, we get ‘stood down‘ or laid off if we don‘t follow orders from above. I will concede though, that there are a few who I think enjoy imposing rules a bit too much and this does anger me as it’s making my job harder as people are tarring us all with the same brush when I‘m trying my best to help. From my perspective though the ’Little Hitlers’ are few and far between but I do only know the ones who work in my section so can‘t comment on the stadium as a whole. In terms of supervisors and management, I’m going to try and watch what I say as I don’t want it coming back on me but there is some friction currently it seems. There are a lot of people who have been doing the job a lot longer than I have who are being stood down for no good reason after saying they’re available for all shifts, whilst others are saying that they can’t work half the games and are being continuously called up and the uncertainty and inconsistency this brings is far from welcomed. I can’t comment on the stewarding for the away games as I’ve never been asked to work one but in regards to home games, we’re not all out to ruin your day and I fully empathise with you as a paying supporter that the attitude that can be shown is far from acceptable and I would be frustrated if I was on the receiving end but please bare in mind, there are a lot of us who just want the best for the club and the fans.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Turfy wrote:. In terms of supervisors and management, I’m going to try and watch what I say as I don’t want it coming back on me but there is some friction currently it seems. There are a lot of people who have been doing the job a lot longer than I have who are being stood down for no good reason after saying they’re available for all shifts, whilst others are saying that they can’t work half the games and are being continuously called up and the uncertainty and inconsistency this brings is far from welcomed.

Perhaps the supervisors have been there too long are are holding grudges from the Ninian Park days?

So Turfy makes it 99.97%

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Turfy wrote:. In terms of supervisors and management, I’m going to try and watch what I say as I don’t want it coming back on me but there is some friction currently it seems. There are a lot of people who have been doing the job a lot longer than I have who are being stood down for no good reason after saying they’re available for all shifts, whilst others are saying that they can’t work half the games and are being continuously called up and the uncertainty and inconsistency this brings is far from welcomed.

Perhaps the supervisors have been there too long are are holding grudges from the Ninian Park days?

So Turfy makes it 99.97%

Ravanelli counts as 500 stewards though

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:34 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

So Turfy makes it 99.97%

If there's a high turnover of staff that leaves no room for improving steward / fan realationships because unfamiliarity will never build trust.
It sounds like they are getting rid of the long term stewards and replacing them with the "little hitlers" or others who have no previous experience of attending football matches.
A friend of mine, who used to go to Stamford bridge, told me that it's the club's policy to employ non europeans who have no interest in football and they will lift you out of the ground for very little reason.

The Bridge aint what it used to be and CCS is going that way.

If they want us to be " a family club" then the stewards have to start behaving similarly.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

So Turfy makes it 99.97%

If there's a high turnover of staff that leaves no room for improving steward / fan realationships because unfamiliarity will never build trust.
It sounds like they are getting rid of the long term stewards and replacing them with the "little hitlers" or others who have no previous experience of attending football matches.
A friend of mine, who used to go to Stamford bridge, told me that it's the club's policy to employ non europeans who have no interest in football and they will lift you out of the ground for very little reason.

The Bridge aint what it used to be and CCS is going that way.

If they want us to be " a family club" then the stewards have to start behaving similarly.

not sure what the turnover in staff is to be honest but its not the highest paid job and if it follows the trend of other similar security jobs then turnover will be high, as far as CCFC stewards are concerned id say we have a strong team who has worked at both grounds Ninian and CCS for a long time the rest made up with students from the colleges and uni's, I cant comment on the safestyle stewards on what their turnover is.