Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tom Heaton or David Marshall

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:48 pm

with marshall in goals in the last couple of games he hasnt had many clean sheets,isit time for heaton to have a go? :ayatollah:

Re: Tom Heaton or David Marshall

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Mind you, we had a decent defence tonight. Gerrard made a difference imo. Just change Hudson now :roll: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:01 pm

I don't really mind either. But Marshall's performance at Wembley will haunt me for the rest of my life :shock:

Heaton for me!

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:03 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Mind you, we had a decent defence tonight. Gerrard made a difference imo. Just change Hudson now :roll: :ayatollah:

Why are people so quick to slate this guy?!

I think a clean sheet against an attack consisting of Charlie Austin and Jay Rodriguez tells its own story!

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Heaton and Marshall are both good solid keepers, I don't mind who.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:Mind you, we had a decent defence tonight. Gerrard made a difference imo. Just change Hudson now :roll: :ayatollah:

Why are people so quick to slate this guy?!

I think a clean sheet against an attack consisting of Charlie Austin and Jay Rodriguez tells its own story!

I wasn't quick slating him at all, we all know Hudson has been shit in the league these last few games. :roll:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Do we :?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Do we :?

:lol:

Again, I still find it unbelievable that this guy gets as much stick as he does!

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Well a lot of people I been talking to saying he hasn't been playing good, I agree with them aswell. Give Blake a chance with Gerrard when he comes back from injury, hope it's not too long :shock:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Again, I still find it unbelievable that this guy gets as much stick as he does!

He prob does make more mistakes than most but I reckon he does more defending than any other cb. His positional play is excellent, his covering top class. If he had pace he would be in the prem.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Well the way I see it is he is much better defending with his head than his feet. And yeah he's not very fast and the Titanic could turn quicker than him, but he hasn't been at the top of his game recently, unfortunately :(

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:41 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Well the way I see it is he is much better defending with his head than his feet. And yeah he's not very fast and the Titanic could turn quicker than him, but he hasn't been at the top of his game recently, unfortunately :(

He makes a lot of blocks, again positioning though.
I think the main problem with huds and Gerrard is they get turned way to easily and have no mobility in either of them.
Gerrard better in the air but gets lost easily.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

He prob does make more mistakes than most but I reckon he does more defending than any other cb. His positional play is excellent, his covering top class. If he had pace he would be in the prem.

I think the mistakes are less frequent nowadays, but I agree with everything else.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:44 pm

No-one can moan though, a player can only give 100%. Although we all moan now and then :roll:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:45 pm

turner is the rock in our defence need to find a partner for him i personally believe blake is perfect for turner

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:45 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Well the way I see it is he is much better defending with his head than his feet. And yeah he's not very fast and the Titanic could turn quicker than him, but he hasn't been at the top of his game recently, unfortunately :(

His positioning/anticipation/reading of the game helps him make crucial interceptions though, which are usually with his feet. Gerrard's heading is probably stronger, but Huds is pretty strong in that department anyway.

So you want him dropped because of form then, and not his ability?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

His positioning/anticipation/reading of the game helps him make crucial interceptions though, which are usually with his feet. Gerrard's heading is probably stronger, but Huds is pretty strong in that department anyway.

Well surely, if a player isn't on form, he wouldn't be able to use his ability/fullpotential that well. As apposed to Blake, he has a lot of ability and is on-form with Wales, played great in Leicester game but needs a lot more game-time to keep that up ;)

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Well surely, if a player isn't on form, he wouldn't be able to use his ability/fullpotential that well. As apposed to Blake, he has a lot of ability and is on-form with Wales, played great in Leicester game but needs a lot more game-time to keep that up ;)

Yeah I agree with the form/ability point. I forgot they both go together :lol:

Forgive me, it's late :lol:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Yeah I agree with the form/ability point. I forgot they both go together :lol:

Forgive me, it's late :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:01 am

i thought hudson was outstanding tonight and close to being MoM

gerrard would of been very exploited if it wasnt for hudson covering for him

as for heaton marshal, its a coin toss when there both in form

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 am

Heaton in goals against Leeds :ayatollah:

Chuck Naylor in for Leeds can he repeat for us? :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:31 am

Heaton all day long... and i'd want to see Gerrard and Turner have a few games together to see what they can do

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 am

he made two class saves expecially the fingertip one from the volley early in the game so why not give him a chance :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 am

Remember Marshall in West Ham :D
Remember Heaton in Middlesbrough :(
Yes they were a while back but i'm always more confident with Marshall in goals :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 am

David Marshall remember in play off final :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:David Marshall remember in play off final :roll:

Yes but West Ham was more recent, play off final season was 2 years ago :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:17 am

ye but we could have been in prem by now but he was rubbish :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 am

Well we could've been in the prem and back in the championship :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 am

Remember Heaton at Preston on Easter Monday?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Remember Heaton at Preston on Easter Monday?

Yes, was that the time he went f*cking nuts? And yeah top class fair play :ayatollah: