Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BELIEVE IT or NOT "

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:08 pm

" BELIEVE IT or NOT "

As much as I can sound very negative at times and also like to cause or stir up a good debate :lol:

I am enjoying watching Cardiff City more this season than I have done for 5 years.

The league games are all entertaining, win/lose or draw and our team battles for 90 plus mins. :ayatollah:

My most enjoyable games so far have been Southampton home and Peterborough away. :ayatollah:

I don't expect promotion this season and will except top 10, but I know if Malky was backed with the 3 or 4 players that I have been going on about all season, I will say it again, Malky would guarantee us top 6. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky gets our players to appreciate us fans and that to me, means a lot. :ayatollah:

So I am enjoying the Carling Cup and every round has been superb so far.

MALKY Thank you you have got me enjoying my football once again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So I am not as negative as you all think :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just please the Cardiff City board back Malky, because we are 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " BELIEVE IT or NOT "

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree, I'm enjoying this season far more than the last one :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:17 pm

totally agree looking forward to tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" BELIEVE IT or NOT "

As much as I can sound very negative at times and also like to cause or stir up a good debate :lol:

I am enjoying watching Cardiff City more this season than I have done for 5 years.

The league games are all entertaining, win/lose or draw and our team battles for 90 plus mins. :ayatollah:

My most enjoyable games so far have been Southampton home and Peterborough away. :ayatollah:

I don't expect promotion this season and will except top 10, but I know if Malky was backed with the 3 or 4 players that I have been going on about all season, I will say it again, Malky would guarantee us top 6. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky get our players to appreciate us fans and that to me, means a lot. :ayatollah:

MALKY Thank you you have got me enjoying my football once again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just please the Cardiff City board back Malky, because we are 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i agree with annis i will also happily accept a top 10 finish add 3 to 4 players and i honestly think we have the fight and spirit to chase top 2 but definetly a play off place.. :ayatollah:

annis why did you enjoy peterboro away was it the trip itself or the game?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:30 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Malky get our players to appreciate us fans and that to me, means a lot. :ayatollah:

i agree with annis i will also happily accept a top 10 finish add 3 to 4 players and i honestly think we have the fight and spirit to chase top 2 but definetly a play off place.. :ayatollah:

annis why did you enjoy peterboro away was it the trip itself or the game?

First. I love night away games because not many go, second Peterborough is still old fashioned with its terraces, 3rd. Our 350 fans sang for virtually 90% of the game and their fans were really loud in a 6,500 crowd. The game was end to end. The match had goals/entertainment and I really thought we had won and yes I was pissed right off when we lost 4-3, but guess what unlike the 4-4 game under Jones when the players ran off at the end,down the tunnel, every City player applauded us and we applauded them.
Also great to go drinking there and not one old bill bothered us . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:35 pm

f**k Annis wont be happy when he sees this!!!!
Someone ring him and tell him his account has been hacked :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 pm

milly44 wrote:f**k Annis wont be happy when he sees this!!!!
Someone ring him and tell him his account has been hacked :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Good one Nathan :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:41 pm

I agree, I hated last season, not fussed if we end up 7th to 12th to be honest. It will put us in a good position for an assault on promotion next season. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 pm

It has been very refreshing the way the players now make an effort to applaud the supporters. Sadly the DJ era this died away now my faith in the club has been restored and feel more connected again. 100 per cent effort with this team cant fault it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:03 pm

I still think it is possible to make the top 6 with the players we already have, providing McPhail doesn't get anywhere near the first XI.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 pm

The Peterborough game was a step back in time in every aspect.

I've been back in the country for the last 3 years and have managed to get to most games. In those 3 years we have been up there challenging and the expectation levels have been high.

This season you can feel the expectation levels are back down to what it was like all those years ago, not low enough to fight a relelgation and not high enough to expect promotion.

During the Peterborugh game where we took the lead then went behind only to take the lead again to eventually lose I would say I felt the same when we were behind to when we were ahead. When we eventually lost I was sad yes but just said to myself there is next time. This season I have been quite proud of the way the team has played when they lost. Last season each lost made me angry and this season has showed me why I did get angry.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I still think it is possible to make the top 6 with the players we already have, providing McPhail doesn't get anywhere near the first XI.

McPhail has just broken back into the first team and we seem to be playing the
best football of the season. Coincidence?

i've never been a fan of McPhail, but am willing to admit i'm wrong at the moment!

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:10 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I still think it is possible to make the top 6 with the players we already have, providing McPhail doesn't get anywhere near the first XI.

i've never been a fan of McPhail, but am willing to admit i'm wrong at the moment!

totally agree taffy. i was very impressed with mcphail on sat, and heard he did quite well when he came on as a replacement previously..

for many seasons ive been a big critic... but i hope to stand corrected...

still fuming though i couldnt make tonight, really enjoyed the huddersfield and leicester game.. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

totally agree taffy. i was very impressed with mcphail on sat, and heard he did quite well when he came on as a replacement previously..

for many seasons ive been a big critic... but i hope to stand corrected...

still fuming though i couldnt make tonight, really enjoyed the huddersfield and leicester game.. :ayatollah:

If me being wrong means our players are all doing the business then
Ill be a happy man!! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 pm

If me being wrong means our players are all doing the business then
Ill be a happy man!! :ayatollah:[/quote]

second that :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:21 am

taffyapple wrote:

i've never been a fan of McPhail, but am willing to admit i'm wrong at the moment![/q
i thought mcphail was man of the match on saturday(cant comment on tonights performance as didnt see)he controlledc everything , kept the ball & gave time to everyone else

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:33 am

liverpool away
always wanted to go to anfield

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:24 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:liverpool away

If it has to be away then MAN UTD, been there 14 times but never been with Cardiff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:24 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:liverpool away

If it has to be away then MAN UTD, been there 14 times but never been with Cardiff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:27 pm

CARDIFF CITY 1 BURNLEY 0

WERE IN THE LAST 8 OF THE CARLING CUP YES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky gets our players to appreciate us fans and that to me, means a lot. :ayatollah:

Just please the Cardiff City board back Malky, because we are 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am

To negative Annis for my liking ;)