Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JORDAN RHODES - ONE TO WATCH.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:04 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:A Goal on Friday night and another today....27 Goals for Club and Country from 27 Games....Latest...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... hodes.html

Its a shame we don't have that 4 million to put a bid in, well we have a chairman that does but I don't expect him to spend that kinda sum. As Malky explained, his ethos is to buy young, cheap players and then when we get a substantial offer in, sell them on to make profit and then bring in a young starlet and start all over again until we ourselves are in a position where we are high in the top league and can afford to buy the best of the bunch. 4 million is not cheap but this kid is going to be worth 8,9,10 potentially at this rate.

Malky is a dream manager, he cares and understand the business side of football and uses it to his advantage.

ALL HAIL MALKY!

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:A Goal on Friday night and another today....27 Goals for Club and Country from 27 Games....Latest...

As Malky explained, his ethos is to buy young, cheap players and then when we get a substantial offer in, sell them on to make profit and then bring in a young starlet and start all over again
Malky is a dream manager, he cares and understand the business side of football and uses it to his advantage.

ALL HAIL MALKY!

Kinda like what DJ done with Roger, Chopra, Loovens to name a few

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 am

I Hope that the people who have not seen Jordan Rhodes play,watched tonights game on Sky ;)

This lad is a levelled headed young man who knows where to find the goal,and has a great future ahead of him.

I Hope that the reports are true as posted on the 27th Dec that he stays at Huddersfield,as we have no chance of signing him.

If we were to go up this season...Jordan Rhodes would be my number 1 target next season :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 am

27 goals already this season after tonights game. Quite incredable for a young man! Looking at ipswich board and looking at everyone moaning at the sale of him is quite funny :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:58 am

TheHunter! wrote:27 goals already this season after tonights game. Quite incredable for a young man! Looking at ipswich board and looking at everyone moaning at the sale of him is quite funny :ayatollah:

I couldn't understand it when they sold him tbh.

I reckon a big money move followed by a flop tho :oops:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 am

2blue2handle wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:27 goals already this season after tonights game. Quite incredable for a young man! Looking at ipswich board and looking at everyone moaning at the sale of him is quite funny :ayatollah:

Can see villa selling bent, and signing him. Might get the old couple now and then :cry: . But hope he proves he can cut it at the big time :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:16 am

polo wrote:

As Malky explained, his ethos is to buy young, cheap players and then when we get a substantial offer in, sell them on to make profit and then bring in a young starlet and start all over again

ALL HAIL MALKY!

That's right polo, people in this part of the world just don't know what they've lost .... :lol:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 pm

There's a big difference between Premiership and League1........he needs a good manager to help hiom bridge that gap :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:47 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I Hope that the people who have not seen Jordan Rhodes play,watched tonights game on Sky ;)

This lad is a levelled headed young man who knows where to find the goal,and has a great future ahead of him.

I Hope that the reports are true as posted on the 27th Dec that he stays at Huddersfield,as we have no chance of signing him.

If we were to go up this season...Jordan Rhodes would be my number 1 target next season :ayatollah:

One hell of a striker - dig deep VT :lol: :lol: :lol: what about the players supplying him with ammunition must be a few other decent players in that side because he is getting all these chances to score :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQSXBqZOX7s - sign him up :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:13 pm

TheHunter! wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Can see villa selling bent, and signing him. Might get the old couple now and then :cry: . But hope he proves he can cut it at the big time :ayatollah:

I Hope that Rhodes now stays at Huddersfield to the end of the season,and we take a look at the start of next season.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:22 pm

He is going to go for silly money, a lot more than what Arsenal paid for that Chamberlain fella. Looks one hell of a prospect but out of reach for you guys as Huddersfield will not sell unless it is stupid money.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:11 pm

From what i have been told the last few days...Jordan Rhodes is to be offered a new deal on his contract at Huddersfield.

Both WHU and Southampton are trying to get Rhodes...along with many other clubs to name...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 55153.html

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Scored the only goal in the game yesterday....The lad is just class 8-)

Will be staying at Huddersfield until the end of this season - Lee Clarke's words :(

Staying at Huddersfield .....Well at least i can sleep well tonight ;)

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Scored the only goal in the game yesterday....The lad is just class 8-)

Will be staying at Huddersfield until the end of this season - Lee Clarke's words :(

Staying at Huddersfield .....Well at least i can sleep well tonight ;)

:lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:18 pm

With Lee Clark being sacked today by Huddersfield :o Time for MM to ask about a loan till the end of the season for Jordan Rhodes ( IMO ) ;)

Both Clark and Rhodes wanted to get Huddersfield out of Div 1 - Now Clark has gone I will be amazed if Rhodes starts for Huddersfield next season.

We have / had a reported £4M to spend - GET RHODES HERE ON LOAN :ayatollah:
And offer a bonus to Huddersfield if we go up ;)

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm

polo wrote:

ALL HAIL MALKY!

And Ledley, Matthews, Bothroyd, Burke and McCormack to name a few more :lol:

Fri May 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Good Luck to Jordan Rhodes for tomorrow,win or lose i think this will be his last game for Huddersfield.

With all this talk of bids of £5M for Jay Rodriguez...i know which player i would have gone for ;)

Fri May 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Awesome Player! Jordan Rhodes would be the icing on the case if we had him and Rodriguez as the main signings!
Along with other good players!!! :D

Fri May 25, 2012 10:40 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Luck to Jordan Rhodes for tomorrow,win or lose i think this will be his last game for Huddersfield.

With all this talk of bids of £5M for Jay Rodriguez...i know which player i would have gone for ;)

Maybe we are after rhodes and the so called rodriquez bids are a smokescreen :ayatollah:

Fri May 25, 2012 11:30 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Luck to Jordan Rhodes for tomorrow,win or lose i think this will be his last game for Huddersfield.

Maybe we are after rhodes and the so called rodriquez bids are a smokescreen :ayatollah:

I Hope your right jinks :ayatollah:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... uld-847655

Sat May 26, 2012 4:31 am

And manager Simon Grayson can offer fans no long-term assurances about Rhodes either.

He said: “You get £3.5m offers for people who have scored 10 goals in a season, not 40. But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

err No you don't, maybe if they got 10 goals in the Prem, but no-one would bid 3.5m for someone who got 10 goals in League 1 :lol: £3.5m is a fair price for him, maybe it's a bit on the expensive side tbh

Sat May 26, 2012 10:58 am

ffs wrote:And manager Simon Grayson can offer fans no long-term assurances about Rhodes either.

He said: “You get £3.5m offers for people who have scored 10 goals in a season, not 40. But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

err No you don't, maybe if they got 10 goals in the Prem, but no-one would bid 3.5m for someone who got 10 goals in League 1 :lol: £3.5m is a fair price for him, maybe it's a bit on the expensive side tbh

Some crazy fees being asked for players at the moment..i would say the £8M - Huddersfield want is way to much ( IMO ) :o

Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Only 21 and scoring for fun.

It's both his age and goals ratio that must make him worth more than 5 million.

It would be a waste to sign him if the team was set up like it was last season.

Sat May 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Yup, he's looking like a real world beater today.

Carl Dale scored for fun at lower levels, never got big offers.

Sat May 26, 2012 6:31 pm

nerd wrote:Yup, he's looking like a real world beater today.

Dale got that nasty injury, so we will never know....

The few times I have seen him on the TV I have been pretty unimpressed, but his record is there. Good Technique will always get you goals but as you go higher in the league pace becomes more important and he hasn't got a lot to offer..

Anyway we will see next year, I doubt he is going anywhere now.

Sun May 27, 2012 12:20 am

nerd wrote:Yup, he's looking like a real world beater today.

Agree with you nerd :ayatollah: Did not look like a world beater today :o
But the season for Huddersfield ended in promotion..and Jordan Rhodes did more than play his part in that.

Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm

IF WE HAVE £5M to spend on a striker....Time now to go after Jordan Rhodes ( Rodriguez does not want to come here )

Jordan Rhodes will feel at home here with his scottish team mates at the CCS :ayatollah:

Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 am

i think he will be heading to the premiership

Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:IF WE HAVE £5M to spend on a striker....Time now to go after Jordan Rhodes ( Rodriguez does not want to come here )

Jordan Rhodes will feel at home here with his scottish team mates at the CCS :ayatollah:

Tony,
I totally agree with you. I would love to see Jordon Rhodes in a Bluebirds shirt, he's the type of striker we need but you watch Joe Mason next season, this kid will get better and better as the season progresses. ;)
If we have £5m to spend on a striker then for me it has to be JR
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: