Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JORDAN RHODES - ONE TO WATCH.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:52 am

Man Ure in for Rhodes now?

United send Paul Scholes to watch Huddersfield starlet Jordan Rhodes

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes, after sending newly appointed scout Paul Scholes to run the rule over the free-scoring 21-year-old.

Scholes was in the stands at the Galpharm Stadium last night, where Rhodes found the net once again, as Huddersfield drew 2-2 with Scunthorpe United.

The strike was Rhodes' ninth in his last four matches for the Terriers, while a hat-trick for Scotland's Under-21's in-between means he has 12 goals in five matches for club and country, in a remarkable purple patch.

That superb form has led to increased speculation about Rhodes' future, with a host of Premier League clubs now increasing their interest in the powerful hitman, who bagged 22 strikes in all competitions last term.

Sir Alex Ferguson has since been put on to the player by Scotland Under-21 boss Billy Stark, and with United loanee Oliver Norwood also in action last night, he instructed newly appointed scout Scholes to take a closer look and report back.

However, should Ferguson decide to push ahead with a bid, it's likely to take up to £5 million to secure his services, after Huddersfield chairman Dean Hoyle warned off interested parties last week.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... z1buAgFfGK

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:09 pm

TC, Do you think we can get him?

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:TC, Do you think we can get him?

Under £1M this would be a bargain,but as each week goes by and another goal goes in..his fee goes up :o

As Overthemoon :ayatollah: has posted - Man U are now looking at the lad. - Here is another link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... hodes.html

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:27 am

Overthemoon wrote:Man Ure in for Rhodes now?

United send Paul Scholes to watch Huddersfield starlet Jordan Rhodes

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes, after sending newly appointed scout Paul Scholes to run the rule over the free-scoring 21-year-old.

Scholes was in the stands at the Galpharm Stadium last night, where Rhodes found the net once again, as Huddersfield drew 2-2 with Scunthorpe United.

The strike was Rhodes' ninth in his last four matches for the Terriers, while a hat-trick for Scotland's Under-21's in-between means he has 12 goals in five matches for club and country, in a remarkable purple patch.

That superb form has led to increased speculation about Rhodes' future, with a host of Premier League clubs now increasing their interest in the powerful hitman, who bagged 22 strikes in all competitions last term.

Sir Alex Ferguson has since been put on to the player by Scotland Under-21 boss Billy Stark, and with United loanee Oliver Norwood also in action last night, he instructed newly appointed scout Scholes to take a closer look and report back.

However, should Ferguson decide to push ahead with a bid, it's likely to take up to £5 million to secure his services, after Huddersfield chairman Dean Hoyle warned off interested parties last week.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... z1buAgFfGK

It was at Glanford Park? :!:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:02 pm

wright phillips scores another 2 today hes banging them in aswell :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:59 am

Jordan Rhodes did not score on Saturday :o But has been rewarded with a call-up to Scotlands 1st team ;)
He was involved in the only goal of the game,of Huddersfield 1-0 win at Yeovil last Saturday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... endly.html

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Jordan Rhodes did not score on Saturday :o But has been rewarded with a call-up to Scotlands 1st team ;)
He was involved in the only goal of the game,of Huddersfield 1-0 win at Yeovil last Saturday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... endly.html

the more the weeks go buy, i have to agree, if he gets to international stage and keeps banging them in up until jan, then i feel there may well be a bidding war for him and i think the prem will be where he goes too.. gutting really as hes def nit ready for the prem yet.. unless they loan him back to huddersfield for the remainder of the season...

perhaps we should be looking to make a move now???

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Another goal for Rhodes in Holland tonight, on SS1

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Gutted. He's much wanted. So when it comes down to it, there will be a bidding
war. Cardiff City wont get involved in a bidding war. The reason his goals to games
ratio is going up is cos hes maturing, getting stronger, and getting more experienced.
I'd love him here up front with Miller!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:07 pm

taffyapple wrote:Gutted. He's much wanted. So when it comes down to it, there will be a bidding
war. Cardiff City wont get involved in a bidding war. The reason his goals to games
ratio is going up is cos hes maturing, getting stronger, and getting more experienced.

Good post taffyapple :ayatollah: i think you have got it spot on mate :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Gutted. He's much wanted. So when it comes down to it, there will be a bidding

Good post taffyapple :ayatollah: i think you have got it spot on mate :ayatollah:

Why thank you :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 30346.html

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Our scottish links gives us a shout! :D
We got MM and if hes intrested hes in business and will try and get him! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:TC wot u think the chances of us gettin him r? :ayatollah:

Zero.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:38 am

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Let it go TC. Let it go.

We should have gone for him in the summer. His stock and value have risen ten fold now.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm

2 against notts county.............

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:56 pm

For the record ... 17 Goals in his last 11 Games - for club and country :)

In Total 21 Goals so far this season for Club and Country :D

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:For the record ... 17 Goals in his last 11 Games - for club and country :)

In Total 21 Goals so far this season for Club and Country :D

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-c ... 28678.html

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:34 am

Just 4 goals today away to Sheff Weds.... ;)

For the record 25 Goals in 25 Starts for Club and Country ;)

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:35 am

When's your Birthday? We will get a collection for a signed photo :D

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:39 am

2blue2handle wrote:When's your Birthday? We will get a collection for a signed photo :D

12 days ago...Kept it quiet ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:When's your Birthday? We will get a collection for a signed photo :D

12 days ago...Kept it quiet ;) :ayatollah:

Late happy Birthday :ayatollah:

Plenty of time for a good collection now :lol: might get a signed shirt :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:57 pm

rhodes would be a great signing!! looks class!

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Just 4 goals today away to Sheff Weds.... ;)

For the record 25 Goals in 25 Starts for Club and Country ;)

FFS I thought The Owls had won 4-2 until I seen this!

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I went to the game, what a thriller for the 28,600 crowd. at 2-0 down i would have taken a draw but at 4-2 up in the second half we shud have won even with the extra 7 mins when Rhodes got the fourth! He's class and took his goals really well! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 pm

The 4th goal was really brilliant to be honest.
Caught the keeper off guard with an early shot and really took him out of the equation! ;)
Sam you must of enjoyed it though we all love that 1 game where its a thriller depending if your leading the game! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Scored the only goal in the game yesterday....The lad is just class 8-)

Will be staying at Huddersfield until the end of this season - Lee Clarke's words :(

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 pm

he scored again on the weekend . in a 1-0 win, i think some of the big teams wont mind paying a couple of million to shot him in there reserves. may play in the carling cup. or fa cup 3rd round. and you will never here his name again. hope he goes for plan b. and choose a team that he gets to play . week in week out? :roll:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:38 pm

A Goal on Friday night and another today....27 Goals for Club and Country from 27 Games....Latest...