Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watford Loan

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Craig Beattie from the Jacks until January.

Think he's rubbish to be honest but watch him score on boxing day though

Re: Watford Loan

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Beattie from the Jacks until January.

Carl, now we need a couple of loan players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

This week Annis ;)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This week Annis ;)

I hope so Carl, I know Malky is trying :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:51 pm

ok then i hope i get informed by cellphone this week by one of you ;)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This week Annis ;)

Do you really think that Carl ? I wonder if Dobbie is a possible ?

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:56 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This week Annis ;)

Dobbie is quality but I don't think we need him. We've got Mason to do the job he does!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:01 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This week Annis ;)

Yes I honestly believe that we will have someone in Thursday/Friday :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:07 pm

He's certainly not rubbish and if he can have a run of games without injury he'll do very well. Also has a habit of coming up with important goals away from home.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 pm

NJ73 wrote:

He's certainly not rubbish and if he can have a run of games without injury he'll do very well. Also has a habit of coming up with important goals away from home.

Maybe just the bits I seen of him ain't been too clever :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Any player with the ability to finish like this should not be referred to as rubbish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaVYiYYj1LU

He does however tend to be a scorer of great goals, rather than a great goalscorer. An excellent signing for Watford IF he stays fit.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Any player with the ability to finish like this should not be referred to as rubbish.

He does however tend to be a scorer of great goals, rather than a great goalscorer. An excellent signing for Watford IF he stays fit.

But I know someone who can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkg2h7XRAAQ

But also do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0bYK6K ... re=related :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

But also do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0bYK6K ... re=related :lol: :lol:

I'm very pleased for you :?

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

I'm very pleased for you :?

Lighten up Neil :D

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Who the hell is Neil? :?

By the way, no one laughed louder at the Kuqi miss than us as we went on to win the game and he scored with an attempted diving header that came off his shoulder while laying on the floor :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 pm

carl you know our luck , the players we want on loan, will win in their carling cup matches :old:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

By the way, no one laughed louder at the Kuqi miss than us as we went on to win the game and he scored with an attempted diving header that came off his shoulder while laying on the floor :lol:

Sorry Nigel ;)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Sorry Nigel ;)

No problem Clive

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Carl, could we expect to see Diouf of Manchester Utd down the city anytime soon?? :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Carl, I totally disagree with you in regards with us needing loan players, I just simply dont share everyones opinions on this. I feel that the players we will bring in will disrupt the harmony of the current squad.

e.g. if we brought in a winger and he was in starting lineup leaving conway on the bench, and the loan player is here for a month, and goes back to the parent club, how do you think the current squad players would feel about this.

I feel we should be using our academy players, and develop them, I think we got an excellent crop of players, and for me Joe Ralls has been an excellent find, but we even got the likes of Wildig, Farah and Jarvis who could push players, but if we dont give them first team opportunities how can they develop.

Clubs will only loan players to us, so they can get some game time and re-discover their form, and half the times there is a call back cluase, i.e. Ramsey, and in my opinion if we had Ramsey till the end of the season, we would be in the premiership by now. Whilst Bellamy and Ramsey were an exception last year, because they played for the jersey and pride of cardiff, the rest of the loan players in my opinion was a complete failure.

However, if we are to use the loan system, we should use the loan system to the absolute minimum, signing young players....i.e. the likes of Drinkwater and Filip Kiss (in a simular mould) not well known household names, but players who want to progress and have the passion to succeed.

People may disagree with my opinions, but thus far, Malky has done an amazing job so far with the budget and the constraints placed upon him, but at the same time, we shouldnt expect him to do the job in one season and take us in the preimer league, we lost nearly 13 players when he came in. Whereas Brendon Rodgers inherited a team with less than 3 players leaving, so there is a major difference between the two.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 am

I'm not sure, I think I'd rather stick with a limping front four than a couple of Jacks who can't score :?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 am

thought we were saying someone a few weeks ago another no hope this then

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 am

Azz_ccfc i disagree on the Fillip Kiss bit the guy came a long way and he wants to play for us and i think hes taking a bit of time to get use to the Championship but is a great player and hes working hard to adapt to this league! :)
I read his interview in the programme and the guy obviously wants to be here and try and get us as high as we can this seasom! :D

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 am

any good news carl? :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This week Annis ;)

Yes I honestly believe that we will have someone in Thursday/Friday :ayatollah:

All right then Carl. Did the results from the Carling Cup have and affect on if this happens or not?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Perhaps we could loan Bothroyd back? QPR obviously don't need him! :D

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Azz_ccfc i disagree on the Fillip Kiss bit the guy came a long way and he wants to play for us and i think hes taking a bit of time to get use to the Championship but is a great player and hes working hard to adapt to this league! :)
I read his interview in the programme and the guy obviously wants to be here and try and get us as high as we can this seasom! :D

Whilst he may want to play for us, hes still contracted to another club......everytime we develop these loan players, the price tag sky rockets when we try to sign them permenant.

Dando, my opinion is, we need to develop our youth system, look at the players we have developed over the years, and if we kept hold of them, we would have a very good squad. Whilst DJ is more to blame due to lack of youth players coming through or freezing younger players out of first team football, the league rules are not helping either this season, with only 5 subs allowed, which is a big shame because I cant see many academy players getting first team opportunties.

I'm not arguing that we shouldnt use the loan system, but we shouldnt be to reliant on it either. However, since we do have a small squad, it would be sensible to just have 2 temporary loans, with the option of signing them permenant in January.

:ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:24 am

Nothing wrong there just reading Fillip Kiss and when he came just saying its a dream for him etc!
If it was a player from the Prem its different but i hope Kiss progresses and im a fan of his attitude and commitment and i hope he stays!
Last paragraph spot on!
We only worried because we are doing well and results like Hull could of went our way and we could of won with the players that were injured that day and we want to progress! :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:38 pm

I guess in regards to Loans, you'd have to look at it case by case, every loan is different, with different conditions imposed, and Malky knows that. But the Fillip Kiss signing really impressed me, its something different and was a name I never even heard off before. So alot of research and scouting must have been put into signing Fillip Kiss.

The problem at present is, our scouting network is not that strong compared to premier league clubs, and we havent got the resources to search far and wide. Sad thing is, over the years we have only been limited to the British league teams, but there needs to be a wider network in place for searching players.

To be honest, the only game we didnt deserve to win this season was Brighton and Leicester at home in the league, where as I believe we should have taken maximum points from Portsmouth and Blackpool.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 pm

7 goals in 45 games with Swansea.

Tend to agree with Carl, he's not really much to worry about (watch him socre his only goal for them vs us :lol: )