Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

derren brown

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 pm

watching the assasin thing on channel 4

any one think its all rehearsed or do you think its real ?

think its all bollux to be honest :lol:

Re: derren brown

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 pm

samdm94 wrote:watching the assasin thing on channel 4

any one think its all rehearsed or do you think its real ?

think its all bollux to be honest :lol:

To watch on tv it all seems a bit bollocks, that was until I went and saw him live a few months back. and he is incredable, to the day I die i will never understand some of the wierd shit he managed to do. was incredable :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:20 pm

if hes ever back touring around here i recommend you go. I didnt even want to go that shit dnt interest me, but my bro (chippy) had 2 tickets so i thought f**k it.

im going to step back and take my mouth from around derrins cock now :oops: :lol:

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 pm

milly44 wrote:if hes ever back touring around here i recommend you go. I didnt even want to go that shit dnt interest me, but my bro (chippy) had 2 tickets so i thought f**k it.

im going to step back and take my mouth from around derrins cock now :oops: :lol:

:lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 am

you wanna see a real magician ,

check out dynamo on youtube,

from the uk aswel , unreal !!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:you wanna see a real magician ,

check out dynamo on youtube,

from the uk aswel , unreal !!

derren browns not a magician lol :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 am

Derren Victor Brown (born 27 February 1971) is a British illusionist, mentalist, painter, writer and sceptic. He is known for his appearances in television specials, stage productions and British television series such as Trick of the Mind and Trick or Treat. Since the first broadcast of his show Derren Brown: Mind Control in 2000, Brown has become increasingly well known for his "mind-reading" act. He has written books for magicians as well as the general public. His caricature artwork has received gallery exhibition and is available in a single volume documenting his portrait collection.[1]

Though his performances of mind-reading and other feats of mentalism may appear to be the result of psychic or paranormal practices, he claims no such abilities and frequently denounces those who do. Brown states at the beginning of his Trick of the Mind programmes that he achieves his results using a combination of "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship". Using his knowledge and skill, he appears to be able to predict and influence people's thoughts with subtle suggestion, manipulate the decision-making process and read the subtle physical and psychological signs or body language that indicate what a person is thinking.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:24 pm

GO SEE HIM LIVE! BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THE BLOKE, WOULD HAPPILY HAVE SEX WITH HIM!!!!

PURE AMAZING!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:15 pm

chippy909 wrote:GO SEE HIM LIVE! BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURE AMAZING!!!!!!

Again :shock:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

chippy909 wrote:GO SEE HIM LIVE! BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURE AMAZING!!!!!!

That comment reminds me of the hypnotist i saw, he hypnotised 6 guys and
then fell over the mic stand and shouted f@ck me, what happened next will
stay with me for the rest of my life

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:44 am

Just saw an episode where there was a live audience giving a choice of voting A and B, controlling the evening of a man on a night out (who had hidden cameras on him). From the audiences voting, the poor man got accused of pinching a girls arse before her boyfriend started on him, got told he hadn't paid for his drinks when he had, got a drink spilt over him, got accused of shoplifting when he hadn't which led him to getting taken away in a police van, during his journey in the police van, the audience then voted for his colleague (who was in on it) to ring him and tell him he was made redundant. They also made someone go into his home and destroy his property, and if that wasn't bad enough, the next question was a choice of A) let the man go home or B) let the man get kidnapped straight after the police van drops him off. The audience selected for him to get kidnapped, and when he tried running away, a car drove along and ran him over. The whole audience gasped, knowing they were responsible for what had happened to this guy.

Fortunately, despite the whole thing being filmed live, the kidnapping scene was pre-recorded and done by a stuntman wearing the same shirt to give the impression it was the man the audience were controlling. Darren Brown then stood in front of the audience and explained. It was all an experiment. The audience had the power to vote, and they turned into a rowdy mob, cheering and laughing when bad things happened to this guy. The looks on some of the audiences faces were priceless, they must have all felt so stupid, and it goes to show what the majority of people are like, wishing harm on strangers for their own entertainment. To an extent, this can be linked to those keyboard warriors on this (and other) messageboards who think as they are protected behind their computers and "faceless", they feel they can say things and do things to people they would never do if they were in actual contact with that person face to face. I thought the episode was brilliant and a real eye opener.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 am

Never liked the guy, but used to have respect for what he did, like said earlier, he has never claimed his stuff to be magic, just suggestion and other sorts........BUT........lost all respect for him after his total fraud show that was the lottery prediction, he used a cheap, amateur camera trick and tried to convince people he predicted the lotto (think the odds are 14million to 1) now i think he's an idiot. Dynamo is a poor mans David Blaine who uses more stooges in one trick than Blaine used in his whole career! David Blaine, love him or hate him, tried some ridiculous endurance tests that i wouldn't go near in a gazillion years.