Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE POLITICS OF OUR CLUB

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm

At last nights travel group meeting a member of the travel group (whilst we were on the subject of Alan Whiteley being new CEO) said - "Alan will be a busy man and the first matter he will probably have to deal with is a legal action brought by Langston because you don't have to be Einstein to work out that it is going to happen."

The comment did not surprise me to be honest but the lack of response from around the table certainly did.

There are some who attend the travel group who have been vocal in the past that the money is not payable until 2016, so I was surprised that the statement went unchallenged.

Whether or not legal action is imminent I do not know but I would not be surprised either as it has gone on for far too long and the whole Langston affair needs addressing.

Re: FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE POLITICS OF OUR CLUB

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:31 pm

No players defo then :x

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Midfield general wrote:So would I be right in saying that the Langston issue has just been delayed and delayed with not a penny being paid and 'if' they win any kind of courtcase then interest would be put on top of monies already owed..?

Also has the Malaysians misled Sam then as I was under the impression that they had a good working relationship.

Yes you are right Adam no money has been paid off the Langston debt, interest is adding up and has Sam Hammam been misled then the answer would be categorically yes.

Sam and TG had a very friendly relationship and TG stayed at Sam's home for a few days in Lebanon and all the talk was that the debt would be settled but then a u-turn was made and a statement made on the club's official site http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 48,00.html

This statement baffled most who have had any involvement through the Langston loan note negotiations and as Gethin Jenkins said in a previous travel group meeting 'the club are awaiting a response from Langston'.

The relationship is not good betweeen Sam and the Malaysians and has not been for many months.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:No players defo then :x

I don't believe that is the case. I am told that players are lined up but the Carling Cup is the issue as the players are fringe players who are still in the competition.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Carl, do you think we will bring in new players next week ?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm

carl werent they paying 83k amonth back and this was confirm by many on here?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:02 pm

You wouldn't invest further if you didn't know fully what legally is around the corner from a creditor.

Why do you think TG now sings " January " on the back of the Echo !

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:carl werent they paying 83k amonth back and this was confirm by many on here?

Yes the club is paying that back as part of the agreement, I meant that no money has been paid off that was due by Dec 31st 2010, no settlement has been reached.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm

When January comes it will be the summer :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl, do you think we will bring in new players next week ?

If the right clubs are eliminated next week then yes.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:When January comes it will be the summer :lol: :lol:

And who will have won the legal wrangle by then ??

Lebanese and Malaysian Flags will shortly be on sale by Billy the Badge - What a United Nations Club its becoming. :lol:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:07 pm

carlccfc wrote:

No chance.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Thanks god for that. I'm surprised that Aldershot have stayed in the cup this long, I'm sure they have a player or two that can step up a couple of leagues.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Remove the plonker Jenkins and install a lawyer to save on legal bills. Malaysian Chess move.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:At last nights travel group meeting a member of the travel group (whilst we were on the subject of Alan Whiteley being new CEO) said - "Alan will be a busy man and the first matter he will probably have to deal with is a legal action brought by Langston because you don't have to be Einstein to work out that it is going to happen."

The comment did not surprise me to be honest but the lack of response from around the table certainly did.

There are some who attend the travel group who have been vocal in the past that the money is not payable until 2016, so I was surprised that the statement went unchallenged.

Whether or not legal action is imminent I do not know but I would not be surprised either as it has gone on for far too long and the whole Langston affair needs addressing.

God moves in mysterious ways . He will do what is right at the right time- in his infate wisdom. You are still a shit stiring b*stard - with f*cking deep uncanny perception. What do you mean anyway ? What's happening ? The answer is with Kipling !

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Daya wrote:

You wouldn't invest further if you didn't know fully what legally is around the corner from a creditor.

Was this a "Pilot" edition? :) :old:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Daya wrote:

You think a solution might be reached by then?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm

I always thought that statement the club made, about Sam not returning, had a massive air of panic about it. As if they were trying to reassure 'the masses' who are (wrongly in my opinion) against Sams return

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Only if they will play for peanuts, just my opinion.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Or Malaysian food

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Or Malaysian food

:lol:

Carl I heard the room went silent when that statement was made and TLG and co were stunned and hah no answers ?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

The Malaysians, Vincent Tan in particular, are far more wealthy than Sam. You don't get to be a billionaire without knowing a thing or two about dodgy dealing and how to play people. If they think they can get away without paying Langston anything, they'll try it.

If the Malaysians don't want to pay Langston now, you can bet they know what they are doing.

I do agree that the sooner this is sorted out, the better, as we will remove the threat of the return of Sam forever.

And good luck to them.
Last edited by bluebird58 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Or Malaysian food

Carl I heard the room went silent when that statement was made and TLG and co were stunned and hah no answers ?

Well theres a surprise !!! mind you the gimp probably didnt have a keyboard with him.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Or Malaysian food

Well theres a surprise !!! mind you the gimp probably didnt have a keyboard with him.

Hahaha I have visions of him buying a Stephen Hawking style wheelchair/all in one entertainment system and driving around, typing at 'his enemies'

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:10 pm

bluebird58 wrote:The Malaysians, Vincent Tan in particular, are far more wealthy than Sam. You don't get to be a billionaire without knowing a thing or two about dodgy dealing and how to play people. If they think they can get away without paying Langston anything, they'll try it.

If the Malaysians don't want to pay Langston now, you can bet they know what they are doing.

I do agree that the sooner this is sorted out, the better, as we will remove the threat of the return of Sam forever.

And good luck to them.

Ha Ha Ha.

You are either a school kid or a blind fool.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:At last nights travel group meeting a member of the travel group (whilst we were on the subject of Alan Whiteley being new CEO) said - "Alan will be a busy man and the first matter he will probably have to deal with is a legal action brought by Langston because you don't have to be Einstein to work out that it is going to happen."

Langston not frightened off by the Forensic Accountants then Carl ;)

The club better hope they come up with something if this does go to court otherwise this will be the biggest test of how deep VT pockets are. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:32 pm

lets just trust in them running the club , nothing you posted is new and no facts
to say you know what is going on.

sorry i dont see how this post is helping the club in any way

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 pm

spikey wrote:lets just trust in them running the club , nothing you posted is new and no facts
to say you know what is going on.

sorry i dont see how this post is helping the club in any way

It isn't damaging the club either?

Our club is seriously fucked if a forum post was able to damage it. Or indeed if a post helped it.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm

your right spikey, this doesn't help one bit! if anything its just feeding some pimple faced teenager called 'daya', who likes to troll

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:42 pm

ccfclover wrote:your right spikey, this doesn't help one bit! if anything its just feeding some pimple faced teenager called 'daya', who likes to troll

shut up Mug.