Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malky Mackay not what everyone makes out

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:52 pm

I think most of us, at least the ones used to time before we were in the Championship can see that promotion takes time and is not a right.
Last season we basically went for promotion or bust.
We failed yet we are still in a pretty good position this year and are actually building for the future, which is something we haven't been doing for a long time.
I have a better feeling about this season than last year even though I haven't witnessed many wins.
Call me weird but then I'm a Cardiff fan through thick or thin, and my opinions take time and evidence to change, I cannot blame MM for our injuries or lack of squad numbers and I wasn't expecting promotion this season so am yet to be dissapointed.

fair enough mate, im just eager to see us get out of this league
Malky seems to be a nice guy but i really do hate it at away games when its a bad result and he pumps his fist at us. Hes a good guy but i admit im not as patient as others
how long do you reckon before you pass a judgment on him?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:27 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:haha lol at all of you
yes i thought he was good initially, the past few months have proved me wrong
have a guess how old i am?

So if we win say the next 3-4 games, then he'll be great again, huh?

Age? I'd say under 16 tbh.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Completely agree with this... Everyone seems to be creaming in their pants over someone who nearly got Watford relegated last season... If they hadn't had that gypo Danny Graham then they would have been.

We seem to have taken ANOTHER step backwards...

Should have paid the extra to get a man like O'Neill or Allardyce imo :evil: I actually think the style of football we played under Jones was better than this.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 pm

bluetooth25

glad to see your in agreement mate!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:35 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:bluetooth25

:ayatollah:

We are not alone, a few of my mates have started to realise he is not all is cracked up to be. We are looking like Watford more and more every week! Lots of guts and fight yes, but quality football? our tactics have gone to cock, defense is not being used to its full potential

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:50 pm

If we had got O'Neill or Allardyce in the budget would have been even smaller paying one of those from it. Bit of common sense is needed gents, but at this stage of the seasin I'm embarrassed that this topic is on the agenda.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 pm

It's like having Saddam Hussein or Adolf Hitler in agreement with you though

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:06 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

How did you work that one out? Having an opinion about a football manager is like being responsible for mass genocide :?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 pm

bluetooth25 wrote:

How did you work that one out? Having an opinion about a football manager is like being responsible for mass genocide :?

I just meant it's like having a smutty moustache

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 pm

PtB wrote:If we had got O'Neill or Allardyce in the budget would have been even smaller paying one of those from it. Bit of common sense is needed gents, but at this stage of the seasin I'm embarrassed that this topic is on the agenda.

Even smaller than zero? how much did we actually spend? and how much were we promised?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 pm

bluetooth25 wrote:
PtB wrote:If we had got O'Neill or Allardyce in the budget would have been even smaller paying one of those from it. Bit of common sense is needed gents, but at this stage of the seasin I'm embarrassed that this topic is on the agenda.

Even smaller than zero? how much did we actually spend? and how much were we promised?

bluetooth we have spent well in XS of 12-14 mil this season already including wages for the year

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
bluetooth25 wrote:

bluetooth we have spent well in XS of 12-14 mil this season already including wages for the year

Aren't clubs usually given a transfer budget AND a wage budget

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 pm

we've had a small budget, lesser than Jones i admit but thats the sign of a good manager being able to deal with a small budget

bluetooth25 wrote:

I just meant it's like having a smutty moustache

fair enough :lol:

bluebirdtom16 wrote:we've had a small budget, lesser than Jones i admit but thats the sign of a good manager being able to deal with a small budget

exactly

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm

I concur with the crux of the first statement. I fear medicrity after the last 2 seasons but hope im wrong too. Been around long enough to know nothing ever straightforwards with us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:44 pm

bluetooth25 wrote:

We are not alone, a few of my mates have started to realise he is not all is cracked up to be. We are looking like Watford more and more every week! Lots of guts and fight yes, but quality football? our tactics have gone to cock, defense is not being used to its full potential

Yes, Watford were shit.

I mean, did you see that disgraceful performance of free flowing football when they tore QPR apart, handing them their first loss? Disgrace, I tell you.

And how DARE they have injury problems at the end of the season with no money to get players in.

It's early in the season, manager totally revamped the staff and players at the squad, 3 points off playoffs, and some fans are acting like it's the f*cking apocalypse. I sometimes think the fans have the underperforming, bottling club they truly deserve.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:02 pm

nerd wrote:
bluetooth25 wrote:

Yes, Watford were shit.

I mean, did you see that disgraceful performance of free flowing football when they tore QPR apart, handing them their first loss? Disgrace, I tell you.

And how DARE they have injury problems at the end of the season with no money to get players in.

It's early in the season, manager totally revamped the staff and players at the squad, 3 points off playoffs, and some fans are acting like it's the f*cking apocalypse. I sometimes think the fans have the underperforming, bottling club they truly deserve.

Excuses excuses. They will not cheer me up at the end of the season when we are left wanting. I just want the best for the club like any other true fan. Whilst I will give the club the vocal backing on match days etc to get behind the team I will not lie and pretend I am happy with the situation we find ourselves in. The worst start in 5 years! :evil:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:02 pm

haha nerd you get quite touchy about this topic
its a debate!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 pm

bluetooth25 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
bluetooth25 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, not at most clubs. Exceptions are clubs like Man City and Leicester.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:04 pm

PtB wrote:
bluetooth25 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
bluetooth25 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, not at most clubs. Exceptions are clubs like Man City and Leicester.

No no, as in.... seperate budgets. Why on earth would a club announce they have £20mil to spend and include their current wage budget in that. Its madness. For example Arsenal said they had £50 million to spend, they spent roughly £50 million on transfer fees. No excuses about having to pay off wages etc...

I am pretty sure that most clubs would give a manager for example £20mil transfer budget and a wage budget of say 200k per week.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:11 pm

From experience, a manager is given a budget to cover fees AND wages, clubs may wish to announce they have £x for fees and £x for wages, that is their perogative, others will announce they have a budget if £x for fees AND wages. Personally. I preferred telling the manager he had £x for the season to cover both and if income improved then we would try and give him a little extra if possible but not to bank on it.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 pm

30 mil total budget????? I think not

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:25 pm

PtB wrote:From experience, a manager is given a budget to cover fees AND wages, clubs may wish to announce they have £x for fees and £x for wages, that is their perogative, others will announce they have a budget if £x for fees AND wages. Personally. I preferred telling the manager he had £x for the season to cover both and if income improved then we would try and give him a little extra if possible but not to bank on it.

Am I speaking to a chairman :o #Starstruck :lol:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:I have always stated that MM wasn't my first option but I have grown to like him and do think that he was offered the world but those promises were quickly broken after he and his staff signed along the dotted line.

However I have ALWAYS stated my worries about people saying that he done well at Watford because the facts dont lie and they finished 14th last season in a very average league. Make no mistake he was a Gethin Jones appointment and thats a guy who made the Dragons become one of the also-rans of Welsh rugby.

My main concern is that due to the lack of support from the board he has to do his best with exstream limitations and his best at the moment is very ordinary unfortunately. The football is very boring, its taken him too long to figure out that Earnie and Millar can't play together, he's kept the best centre back out of the team and if Im honest I firmly believe he still doesn't know his starting 11. Don't get me wrong I've always wanted Jones out for a long while but if you asked me now with so many games into the season whether I'd prefer MM or have Jones back bearing in mind he's still on the payroll then it upsets me to say I'd have DJ back tomorrow.

Good post :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Subject: Malky Mackay not what everyone makes out

bluetooth25 wrote:
PtB wrote:From experience, a manager is given a budget to cover fees AND wages, clubs may wish to announce they have £x for fees and £x for wages, that is their perogative, others will announce they have a budget if £x for fees AND wages. Personally. I preferred telling the manager he had £x for the season to cover both and if income improved then we would try and give him a little extra if possible but not to bank on it.

No, but I was a director in charge of financial affairs for 3 years and studied the policies and books of a number of other clubs to help prepare with my role. I was fortunate enough to ensure the manager had a budget that helped to deliver a league title(our first in 25 years) and also show a profit at the end of that and the following 2 years i was involved(for the first time in 10 years). Never fancied the chairman's role at that point to be honest.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 pm

PtB wrote:Subject: Malky Mackay not what everyone makes out

bluetooth25 wrote:

No, but I was a director in charge of financial affairs for 3 years and studied the policies and books of a number of other clubs to help prepare with my role. I was fortunate enough to ensure the manager had a budget that helped to deliver a league title(our first in 25 years) and also show a profit at the end of that and the following 2 years i was involved(for the first time in 10 years). Never fancied the chairman's role at that point to be honest.

Fair play to you, won't look bad on your C.V that. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:49 pm

midfield general, i agree a lot with what you said there
good post

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:19 am

i hope you're alll right and we go baxk down to the dungeon and all you lot will f**k off to the liberty and they will have read your miserable shit on there! i debated with tony williams on here a while back that our fans are amongst the worst in britain, brendan rodgers has said it and dave jones has had hinted at it, i think if tony asked me again i would summon this post for evidence!

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 am

One thing that says it about Malky is the way that he never stops barking out orders to the players during the match. it's a breath of fresh air seeing a manger that is so passionate and motivating. He will get the best out of these players.

Let's hope that he can bring a few more players so that we can stay in contention with the teams at the top. :)